for general chat about stuff

Moderator: moderators

FLIP
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Friday's Rave

Post by FLIP »

ronk wrote: November 24th, 2021, 11:56 pm
FLIP wrote: November 24th, 2021, 11:14 pm

Going slower and faster in a single lane is actually much simpler than linguistics, in terms of computational complexity. In a nutshell, if thing in front getting closer, slow down, if it is moving away, go faster. If reached speed limit go no faster, if above speed limit slow down.
Then accelerate into parked Fire Engine.
That's getting into the automated driving sphere which is a whole different kettle of fish, as you then have to judge several lanes, road signs, etc. Which is much more complex, especially when you start to try to understand what others are doing. And in both cases the system can only be as good as it's input data from sensors.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

FLIP wrote: November 24th, 2021, 11:29 am
Oldschool wrote: November 24th, 2021, 11:26 am The rant which reminded me of - Cruise control.
I'll do you one better - adaptive cruise control. Slows down and speeds up and you don't have to do a thing - pure luxury!
It sounds good.
Have you had any scary moments.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Rhys Ruddock

Post by FLIP »

Oldschool wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:44 am
FLIP wrote: November 24th, 2021, 11:29 am
Oldschool wrote: November 24th, 2021, 11:26 am The rant which reminded me of - Cruise control.
I'll do you one better - adaptive cruise control. Slows down and speeds up and you don't have to do a thing - pure luxury!
It sounds good.
Have you had any scary moments.
Only when people have pulled out on me suddenly and the system brakes faster than I can react. But I generally try to let it focus on the speed while I focus on other people and the traffic, and if I see something I'm unsure about I take over from it and slow down.
Anyone But New Zealand