Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by riocard911 »

munster#1 wrote: January 26th, 2023, 2:02 pm
Avenger wrote: January 26th, 2023, 1:39 pm
munster#1 wrote: January 26th, 2023, 1:00 pm Carbery will be given a chance to redeem himself outside 4 Fu€ks.
What does this mean?
Paddy Patterson, who has been given this particular nickname after his infamous interview.
If you haven’t seen it yet, it is definitely worth a watch.
Sure is! I'd actually forgotten that infamous media appearance. Fair f%~ks to 4 f%~ks!!! 😆😆😆😆
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

riocard911 wrote: January 26th, 2023, 2:27 pm
munster#1 wrote: January 26th, 2023, 2:02 pm
Avenger wrote: January 26th, 2023, 1:39 pm

What does this mean?
Paddy Patterson, who has been given this particular nickname after his infamous interview.
If you haven’t seen it yet, it is definitely worth a watch.
Sure is! I'd actually forgotten that infamous media appearance. Fair f%~ks to 4 f%~ks!!! 😆😆😆😆
I assumed Avenger was referring to Cadbury having to "redeem" himself.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

I'm too old to be up to date on cool things like nicknames so the whole thing went over my head and needed clarification
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Avenger wrote: January 26th, 2023, 3:19 pm I'm too old to be up to date on cool things like nicknames so the whole thing went over my head and needed clarification
No worries at all.
It was a gem of an interview and immediately made him a crowd favourite.
It’s his lack of apology or correction that I loved, very un-rugby like.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

I've seen the post game interview alright.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

It’s Paddy fu€kin Patterson, no?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 26th, 2023, 4:26 pm It’s Paddy fu€kin Patterson, no?
Yes.
Begone with your "4 Fu€ks"
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Once a player makes the trip down the M7 you lose all rights to applying a nickname.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote: January 26th, 2023, 6:00 pm Once a player makes the trip down the M7 you lose all rights to applying a nickname.
I say all of this with love and friendship in my heart:

Nah, you (as in you not ye) are just trying to give him a nickname and you’ve not done it well. Just like when you tried to dub CJ “Seige”.

In general the Turnip eating community are good at giving nicknames, I think it just skipped you.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:14 am
munster#1 wrote: January 26th, 2023, 6:00 pm Once a player makes the trip down the M7 you lose all rights to applying a nickname.

Nah, you (as in you not ye) are just trying to give him a nickname and you’ve not done it well. Just like when you tried to dub CJ “Seige”.

In general the Turnip eating community are good at giving nicknames, I think it just skipped you.
That’s the first time I’ve heard of CJ being called Seige, are you sure I tried to call him that?

Additionally, I am not the one calling PP 4fu€ks that is a commonly used affectionate term used on the terraces of his home stadium.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Delighted for Ian, he seems like a really clued in guy, but it is unfortunate to lose him from his current role, which I’ve been told by a fair few people, that he is unreal at.

Hopefully Munster do a great job in backfilling his role.

https://www.the42.ie/ian-costello-head- ... 3-Jan2023/
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Promote him or lose him soon anyway.

Never regret giving someone a promotion they earned and will be good at.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Nice looking team for Munster.
I personally would have preferred to see Campbell start at 15, but Daly is a great option to have and Coombes earned a start after his performance against the Lions.

Carbery’s injury issues are really highlighted by the fact that both he and Healy are in line for their 50th appearance in red.
Whilst the bench is not great, it is exciting. I’m looking forward to seeing how Quinn goes in this game and hoping he gets at least 20 mins.

Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Malakai Fekitoa, Liam Coombes; Joey Carbery, Paddy Patterson; Josh Wycherley, Niall Scannell (C), Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Sullivan, John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Mark Donnelly, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Ruadhan Quinn, Neil Cronin, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

munster#1 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:09 pm Nice looking team for Munster.
I personally would have preferred to see Campbell start at 15, but Daly is a great option to have and Coombes earned a start after his performance against the Lions.

Carbery’s injury issues are really highlighted by the fact that both he and Healy are in line for their 50th appearance in red.
Whilst the bench is not great, it is exciting. I’m looking forward to seeing how Quinn goes in this game and hoping he gets at least 20 mins.

Munster: Shane Daly; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Malakai Fekitoa, Liam Coombes; Joey Carbery, Paddy Patterson; Josh Wycherley, Niall Scannell (C), Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Sullivan, John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Mark Donnelly, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Ruadhan Quinn, Neil Cronin, Ben Healy, Rory Scannell.
No Haley?
Injured or is there something goin on in the Irish camp?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

blockhead wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:15 pm
munster#1 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 12:09 pm Nice looking team for Munster.

No Haley?
Injured or is there something goin on in the Irish camp?
He went off injured last weekend and was due a scan. Haven’t heard how the scan went.

IMO he is a massive loss, he is one of the most consistent players in the Munster squad.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

How Salanoa goes from the start will tell us a lot about Klein. Another master class of scrummaging like last week might even interest Faz. If he produces in scrums & mauls, Faz & Easterbunny and Paulie should be interested.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:58 am

That’s the first time I’ve heard of CJ being called Seige, are you sure I tried to call him that?

Additionally, I am not the one calling PP 4fu€ks that is a commonly used affectionate term used on the terraces of his home stadium.
Turns out it was AB0 that called CJ Siege, so sorry for the mixup. But yeah, I’ve heard Paddy Fu€kn P, never 4Fu€ks. The former is objectively better…
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ruckedtobits wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:18 pm How Salanoa goes from the start will tell us a lot about Klein. Another master class of scrummaging like last week might even interest Faz. If he produces in scrums & mauls, Faz & Easterbunny and Paulie should be interested.
Benetton have 16 players away with Italy. Munster have players who are starters or high up the rotation. The bar is so low it fell on the ground and just needs to be stepped over.

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/2023/01 ... x-nations/
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 27th, 2023, 4:09 pm

Turns out it was AB0 that called CJ Siege, so sorry for the mixup. But yeah, I’ve heard Paddy Fu€kn P, never 4Fu€ks. The former is objectively better…
I'm sure I remember, on the night of the infamous interview, someone on twitter declaring that from now on he would forever be know as 4fu€ks
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Xanthippe wrote: January 27th, 2023, 5:21 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 27th, 2023, 4:09 pm

I'm sure I remember, on the night of the infamous interview, someone on twitter declaring that from now on he would forever be know as 4fu€ks
If it’s in your excel I’ll believe it 😇