Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by Keith »

I was way off with my prediction (thankfully). Though this is the first time I've watched Munster this season, I hadn't realised they were this poor.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That stat about no line breaks is wrong, Coombes had one in the first half off a nice pass from Healy. I can’t think of any others though.
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

A shambles of an organisation.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Keith wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:47 pm I was way off with my prediction (thankfully). Though this is the first time I've watched Munster this season, I hadn't realised they were this poor.
Me Too!
That's the first time I've watched Munster for a whole game this season, simply awful. Connacht....awful except near the end when they pushed on and away. Carty missed 7 very easy points, Connacht could have won by 20 :shock: .

Poor oul Conor Phillips had an absolute nightmare.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Hoofhearted wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:59 pm A shambles of an organisation.
Ten years in the making
Anyone But New Zealand
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Something is rotten in the state of Shelbyville.
Things just don't look right. Even S&C seems off, players' basic skill sets not near required standard. No leadership evident and nothing resembling a game plan. I could be eating crow at season end, but I doubt it
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

FLIP wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:07 pm
Hoofhearted wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:59 pm A shambles of an organisation.
Ten years in the making
The Rugby ball for the All Black's game being delivered by a helicopter was the beginning of the end. The Celtic Tiger moment. 😂😂

I remember the auld fella saying "they have lost the run of themselves" and by god the auld ballix was dead right.

It's not great for Irish Rugby that they are so poor on and off the field, but by christ its been great to watch the once pompous Munster fans turn on their team and themselves.

Remember the Jerseys they had with "Wear with pride and passion" stiched into the collar!!! Peak Notions!

Laughing stock!

https://youtu.be/LAQ9s3w2dpA
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:39 pm I don’t know what Jackman is seeing to think that the attack will come good. All they can do is truck it up the middle and hope they can get some momentum to get their pick and go game going off it.

Coombes breaking blind off the scrum and not having any team mates on that side before kicking it long when they needed a score is pretty much as bad as it gets. They obviously lacked quality tonight but you couldn’t even see what they were trying to do.
Prendergast was skills coach with him at Grenoble for 4 years. He's backing his mate for the moment
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Craig Casey obviously can’t forget or forgive @JoeyCarbery for playing for @leinsterrugby

https://twitter.com/Gormanstown1/status ... 4ATKw&s=19
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

It's a tough spot for the Munster coaching staff in this situation. So many players are playing individually poorly that it's difficult for the team to make any progress with regards to building a cohesive attack.

Saying "I don't know what they do in training" in this circumstance isn't intended to mean whatever they do there is sh*te, but it's genuinely difficult to tell, from the evidence of what they are doing in games at the moment, how they are trying to play.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

riocard911 wrote:Craig Casey obviously can’t forget or forgive @JoeyCarbery for playing for @leinsterrugby

https://twitter.com/Gormanstown1/status ... 4ATKw&s=19
Appearently Carberry and Loughman were singing "Rock Boys are we"

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

blockhead wrote: October 7th, 2022, 10:06 pm
Keith wrote: October 7th, 2022, 9:47 pm I was way off with my prediction (thankfully). Though this is the first time I've watched Munster this season, I hadn't realised they were this poor.
Me Too!
That's the first time I've watched Munster for a whole game this season, simply awful. Connacht....awful except near the end when they pushed on and away. Carty missed 7 very easy points, Connacht could have won by 20 :shock: .

Poor oul Conor Phillips had an absolute nightmare.
Carty did have some nice moments, like the pass for the first try but his place kicking did keep munster in the game. Thought David Hawkshaw did well at 12 and looked powerful in contact, which surprised me.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

There was always a nagging doubt I had that it was possible that JvG and Larkham were holding back the tide, I never took it particularly seriously. Enough now to look up how Bath are doing. Played 4, lost 4.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

It's hard to know what to believe about Munster at the moment but I read this this morning about some of their off-field issues. Interesting stuff

https://extra.ie/2022/10/07/sport/rugby ... ng-munster
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You probably don't remember that this Hugh Farrelly lad once had a more prominent position in the Irish sports press. He was a gowl then too! :lol:
A 30,000 seater in the middle of the bog is the stupidest idea I've heard this morning.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

blockhead wrote: October 8th, 2022, 11:27 am You probably don't remember that this Hugh Farrelly lad once had a more prominent position in the Irish sports press. He was a gowl then too! :lol:
A 30,000 seater in the middle of the bog is the stupidest idea I've heard this morning.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeinsterLeader wrote: October 8th, 2022, 10:56 am It's hard to know what to believe about Munster at the moment but I read this this morning about some of their off-field issues. Interesting stuff

https://extra.ie/2022/10/07/sport/rugby ... ng-munster
Understandably the gang at Munster Fans Forum - Red Army are spitting feathers about their team's performance - or lack thereof - last night, with the inhouse bean-counters being blamed for the frontrow problems due to having let Cronin and Ryan go, thereby showing themselves to be penny-wise but pound-foolish.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Theres something wrong when one second row tells the other second row to f%~k off, thats not a happy team…
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Some very interesting comments on here in relation to that result.

Munster were so far below the required level it is concerning.
It’s hard to pick positives from it really, the only real positive for me is that Knox learned some really good lessons out there, and after a very shaky start he managed to hold his own despite Buckley boring in on him at a 60 degree angle for nearly every scrum.

I have to agree that it looks like there are some issues in the camp. I don’t take exception to Klyne telling Beirne to F off, I’d that is what he said.
What got to me is that the players seemed to have no cohesion at all.

Munster appear to have been the worst hit province from the tour to SA.
Munster ended that game with 3 academy players in the back 3, with about 7 appearances between them.
They also played with Carberry at fullback for most of the game, making his first start there for the first time in around 5 years afaik?

This lack of available players is only part of the problem, as even the more senior lads failed to show up when needed.

I am not going to get too far ahead of myself and make massive claims about how this season will go, or how poor the coaching team are doing, but they are really backed into a corner right now, and how they and the team react to this will really be a measure of where they are.

On a side note, I would worry for Connacht also.
They were just slightly less poor than Munster, but the players celebrated that victory as if they had just won the HC.
I hope that this victory is the catalyst for them to push on and continue their winning ways, but fear that it may have given them a false sense of their position.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

munster#1 wrote:Some very interesting comments on here in relation to that result.

Munster were so far below the required level it is concerning.
It’s hard to pick positives from it really, the only real positive for me is that Knox learned some really good lessons out there, and after a very shaky start he managed to hold his own despite Buckley boring in on him at a 60 degree angle for nearly every scrum.

I have to agree that it looks like there are some issues in the camp. I don’t take exception to Klyne telling Beirne to F off, I’d that is what he said.
What got to me is that the players seemed to have no cohesion at all.

Munster appear to have been the worst hit province from the tour to SA.
Munster ended that game with 3 academy players in the back 3, with about 7 appearances between them.
They also played with Carberry at fullback for most of the game, making his first start there for the first time in around 5 years afaik?

This lack of available players is only part of the problem, as even the more senior lads failed to show up when needed.

I am not going to get too far ahead of myself and make massive claims about how this season will go, or how poor the coaching team are doing, but they are really backed into a corner right now, and how they and the team react to this will really be a measure of where they are.

On a side note, I would worry for Connacht also.
They were just slightly less poor than Munster, but the players celebrated that victory as if they had just won the HC.
I hope that this victory is the catalyst for them to push on and continue their winning ways, but fear that it may have given them a false sense of their position.
The concern is really when do they get a chance to regroup and get time to sort out some of the basics. The schedule is pretty brutal until the 6N with only the November international break (which obviously takes the senior players away).

The run of games is tough... Bulls, Leinster, Ulster, Connaught, Edinburgh, Toulouse, Northampton, Leinster, Ulster, Lions, Northampton, Toulouse... Before you get to an Italian or Welsh side.

It's not an easy run if you go into it without momentum.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you