Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by Oldschool »

A great win but more importantly a great push forward for the future.
Congrats to all the Munster fans especially the ones who post here.
It's been a long wait and all the sweeter for it. :clap:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Some absolute nutjob of an Isengarder predicting a 12 month ban for JS, jaysis wept:
https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... go_at_the/
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Just in the door from the Limerick leg of the homecoming.
What a great celebration.

Many of the team spent an absolute age signing autographs and taking pics with the fans.
It was clear that some were the worse for wear after their ongoing celebrations.

The Q and A was brilliant. My bud Earls gave a great account of himself, providing some interesting insight into what it meant to him to be involved with this group of players.
Talking about how he used to jump the wall to train on the TP pitch and assist ROG with his kicking practice at the age of 10.

Rowntree stated that this is only the beginning for this group, and I really hope he is correct.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
FtD
Mullet

Post by FtD »

Super win from Munster, and one they were fully value for.

It's been a shitty few weeks as a Leinster fan, but I did still get a good bit of excitement going for the RWC watching the celebrations etc.

Happy for guys like Earls, O'Mahony, Murray etc.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

FtD wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:01 pm Super win from Munster, and one they were fully value for.

It's been a shitty few weeks as a Leinster fan, but I did still get a good bit of excitement going for the RWC watching the celebrations etc.

As a Munster fan I know all too well how you are feeling.
It is never easy to lose, and it can make it much harder when you see a neighbour celebrating at the end of the season.

However, and this is something that has to be said and celebrated, the Leinster fans that I have met and spoken to since the weekend have been nothing but brilliant.
I haven’t experienced any it if begrudgery from anyone, which is not something that I would be so confident of had roles been reversed.

It was clear what it meant for Earls yesterday, he is a true legend of a person and a player.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 1:04 pm
FtD wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:01 pm Super win from Munster, and one they were fully value for.

It is never easy to lose, and it can make it much harder when you see a neighbour celebrating at the end of the season.

However, and this is something that has to be said and celebrated, the Leinster fans that I have met and spoken to since the weekend have been nothing but brilliant.
I haven’t experienced any it if begrudgery from anyone, which is not something that I would be so confident of had roles been reversed.

It was clear what it meant for Earls yesterday, he is a true legend of a person and a player.
It would have been harder if the Stormers had won too.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Enjoy the moment, M#1. Seems Munster toppling the URC reigning champs at home in front of 50,000 Saffer fans has put the wind up the Boks, if the hysteria in the media down there re Johnny's "words" with Jaco Peyper after the Heino final is anything to go by. Maith sibh! COYBIG!!!
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Anyone know what's up with dropkick? I see he last posted here on New Year's Eve. Hopefully he's enjoying Munster's win somewhere.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

riocard911 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 1:47 pm

Enjoy the moment, M#1. Seems Munster toppling the URC reigning champs at home in front of 50,000 Saffer fans has put the wind up the Boks, if the hysteria in the media down there re Johnny's "words" with Jaco Peyper after the Heino final is anything to go by. Maith sibh! COYBIG!!!
After the celebrations following Munster’s defeat of Leinster, the Stormers fully deserved to lose. The team and fans must have believed that the victory was a formality.

I have great time for the Saffa fans, but it is great to see them squirming a bit on the run up to the RWC.

They definitely seem to be out to get Johnny on this one. Interestingly it would appear that all reputable media outlets are not running the story, which leads me to believe that there is no story to run.
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

Crusaders to play Munster in 2024

URC Champs vs Super Rugby Champs, unofficial World Club Final..

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/crusader ... per-rugby/