Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote: March 15th, 2023, 3:56 pm
sunshiner1 wrote: March 15th, 2023, 1:32 pm
by munster#1

Great to see Munster expanding their initiative for Centres of excellence.
Munster will build a full sized indoor pitch along with an full sized outdoor pitch along with gym and other facilities, for use in the development of grass roots rugby.

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-new ... -rosbrein/
Hopefully this is the shot in the arm Limerick Rugby needs to consistently start producing players again. Apparently it's close to Old Cresecent RFC too. Hope this works out.
Yes, it will be very close to Old Crescent RFC, which is not far from Garryowen and Crescent College, and also just off of the M20 and M7, which makes it accessible.
It's a good development. Do you know how it's being financed.
Do Lotto funds apply to this sort of thing, they should.
The GAA have some fabulous facilities dotted around the place where kids can play and train indoors.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschool wrote: March 15th, 2023, 6:34 pm
munster#1 wrote: March 15th, 2023, 3:56 pm
sunshiner1 wrote: March 15th, 2023, 1:32 pm

Hopefully this is the shot in the arm Limerick Rugby needs to consistently start producing players again. Apparently it's close to Old Cresecent RFC too. Hope this works out.
Yes, it will be very close to Old Crescent RFC, which is not far from Garryowen and Crescent College, and also just off of the M20 and M7, which makes it accessible.
It's a good development. Do you know how it's being financed.
Do Lotto funds apply to this sort of thing, they should.
The GAA have some fabulous facilities dotted around the place where kids can play and train indoors.
I haven’t heard how it’s being funded. I’d image it would be majority funded through public funding given that it’s a community initiative, but strange that Munster haven’t specified.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Given how many turf pitches and new dressing rooms GAA clubs have in the back of beyond I should hope they got public money for it.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Oldschool

Have Connacht anything like this or anything planned
AFAIK no. I assume are focused on the stadium first.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Munster take on Glasgow this weekend, in a game which could see them move into 4th place and the prospect of a home quarter final.

Munster have received some positive news on the injury front, with the return of Ahern, Edogbo and Haley.
While Munster still have a considerable injury list, they are fortunate to be able to call on all of the players involved in the Ireland squads bar Murray and POM, meaning that they will be close to full strength.

Could be the last game in Limerick this season, so I will be taking the opportunity to bring the kids in and meet the players before and after the game.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2023/03/20/ ... t-thomond/
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Edogbo is particularly good news. He could be a bolter for RWC.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

offshorerules wrote: March 21st, 2023, 10:52 am Edogbo is particularly good news. He could be a bolter for RWC.
I think that this World Cup is far too early for Edogbo.
Not that I think he wouldn’t be capable of making a mark, but he is a fair bit down the pecking order for club and country, and it is no secret that Irish rugby would be one of the most conservative in terms of player selection.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

The team I would love to see this weekend:

Killer
Barron
Salanoa
Wycherley (too soon for RG to start, possibly same for Ahern and Edogbo)
Kleyn
JOS
Hodnett
Coombes
Casey
Crowley
Daly
Frisch (I’d like to see him build minutes at 12)
Fekitoa
Nash
Haley

Wycherley, Buckley, Knox, RG, Kendellan, 4fu€ks, Joey, Campbell.

IMO that team should have enough to win, and has some good impact on the bench.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Actual team.
Frisch is injured, so Crowley to 12 makes sense.
Big fan of JOD so no gripes with his selection, I’ve just been very impressed with JOS over the last few games.

Fair play to PP for getting another start. He is one of the best Munster academy graduates over the last couple of seasons.

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Malakai Fekitoa, Jack Crowley, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Paddy Patterson; Dave Kilcoyne, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Josh Wycherley, Stephen Archer, RG Snyman, Alex Kendellen, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:56 am Actual team.
Big fan of JOD so no gripes with his selection, I’ve just been very impressed with JOS over the last few games.

Fair play to PP for getting another start. He is one of the best Munster academy graduates over the last couple of seasons.

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Malakai Fekitoa, Jack Crowley, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Paddy Patterson; Dave Kilcoyne, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Scott Buckley, Josh Wycherley, Stephen Archer, RG Snyman, Alex Kendellen, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo.
Didn't think it was possible, but the trolling is getting even less and less subtle! Fair play!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:02 pm
munster#1 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:56 am Actual team.

Didn't think it was possible, but the trolling is getting even less and less subtle! Fair play!
I meant to put an emoji after that. It wasn’t trolling, it was light hearted banter.
Although, the statement is not incorrect 😉
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:37 pm

I meant to put an emoji after that. It wasn’t trolling, it was light hearted banter.
munster#1 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 9:10 am
Adding an emoji like that provides a clear picture of a poster.
An emoji, well at least I can gauge an age range.
munster#1 wrote: August 28th, 2020, 2:16 pm The laughing emoji really adds to the substance of this discussion.

:?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: March 24th, 2023, 1:14 pm

munster#1 wrote: August 28th, 2020, 2:16 pm The laughing emoji really adds to the substance of this discussion.

Someone is very sensitive today.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: March 24th, 2023, 1:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :happy clapper:
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Speaking of Munster "academy graduates", I see Eoghan Barrett has left Pau. Seems a bit of waste for them to have put so much time into him just to let him go. I suspect he'll get plenty of offers from the Pro D2 given his JIFF status.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Keith wrote: March 24th, 2023, 6:42 pm Speaking of Munster "academy graduates", I see Eoghan Barrett has left Pau. Seems a bit of waste for them to have put so much time into him just to let him go. I suspect he'll get plenty of offers from the Pro D2 given his JIFF status.
Fairly sure he was never in the Munster academy, let alone graduated from it.

Unfortunately in sport nothing is a certainty, and all clubs invest time and money into players who never make the grade, or make the grade elsewhere.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

I approached this thread with dread, but thankfully Coombes finally got selected, and in the starting team.
In your face FAZ!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

munster#1 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:34 pm
Keith wrote: March 24th, 2023, 6:42 pm Speaking of Munster "academy graduates", I see Eoghan Barrett has left Pau. Seems a bit of waste for them to have put so much time into him just to let him go. I suspect he'll get plenty of offers from the Pro D2 given his JIFF status.

Unfortunately in sport nothing is a certainty, and all clubs invest time and money into players who never make the grade, or make the grade elsewhere.
I never said he was... Be interesting to see where he ends up. He was clearly rated over there looking at the amount of gametime he got.
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Edogbo is particularly good news. He could be a bolter for RWC.
[/quote]

World cup is probably to early for him but Does he still qualify for the Ireland under 20 or did he just skip the level.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Keith wrote: March 25th, 2023, 5:24 am
munster#1 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:34 pm

I never said he was... Be interesting to see where he ends up. He was clearly rated over there looking at the amount of gametime he got.
Sorry, the way I read your post I took it that you were calling him an academy graduate.

He is still fairly young, so anything is possible.
I haven’t kept tabs on him at all, so I can’t really give an informed opinion, but if he has been good enough to play top 14 and Challenge cup, then he shouldn’t be lacking in offers.