Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Grahamunster - Graham Rowntree's Munster 2022/2023

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:45 pm
wixfjord wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 11:55 am
munster#1 wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 10:15 am Frisch will provide some really good depth in the middle of the park, and I doubt he is coming to Munster to just make up the numbers.

He will be pushing hard for inclusion in the Irish squad for the RWC. I’m not saying that he is good enough to make it, as I have limited knowledge of the guy, and he will have to get passed Farrell, which won’t be easy, but this can only benefit Munster.
Less and less subtle...
Will you get over yourself.

Saying that a player will be pushing for inclusion in an Irish squad can only be perceived as a wind up by someone that is …………….

If you believe he, or any other IQ player won’t be doing everything in their power to put their hand up for selection, then you are delusional.
So your sincere opinion is that a 26 year old who has played 12 mins of Euro rugby, two years ago was playing Pro D2 and who won't be starting for Munster this season will be pushing go get into an Ireland RWC squad in the most hotly contested position in the team in 10 months time?

I don't think anyone really believes you hold that view to be honest.
Last edited by wixfjord on August 3rd, 2022, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

leinsterforever wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 2:21 pm I think there could be something there with Goggin as a 12. He's physical and is a good passer. He's fairly limited as a 13, in my opinion. It'd be interesting to see him under good attack coaching.

I think Frisch might be being a bit overhyped. He's played very little top level rugby for a 26-year old.
To be fair, from what I’ve seen, the only people hyping him up are players and coaches who know him.
Most Munster fans I’ve talked to know little about him, and are far more excited about Fekitoa.

At this stage Frisch is a squad player with experience, who has his work cut out for him to become first choice at Munster.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:47 pm

Less and less subtle...

Saying that a player will be pushing for inclusion in an Irish squad can only be perceived as a wind up by someone that is …………….

If you believe he, or any other IQ player won’t be doing everything in their power to put their hand up for selection, then you are delusional.
So your sincere opinion is that a 26 year old who has played 12 mins of Euro rugby, two years ago was playing Pro D2 and who won't be starting for Munster this season will be pushing go get into an Ireland RWC squad in the most hotly contested position in the team in 10 months time?

I don't think anyone really believes you hold that view to be honest.
You are reading what you want to see, as you are a person with a certain view.

I clearly stated that I wasn’t claiming that he was good enough for inclusion in the Irish squad, or even to become first choice ahead of Farrell in the Munster squad.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:51 pm

I clearly stated that I wasn’t claiming that he was good enough for inclusion in the Irish squad, or even to become first choice ahead of Farrell in the Munster squad.
If a guy is coming to Munster with his profile less than a season out from a RWC and his focus is 'I want to make the Irish RWC squad' rather than 'I want to cement myself as a starter with my new club in a hotly contested position' then there's an issue. I would hope his priority is the former.

He won't be anywhere near a RWC squad.

But you know that.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:55 pm
munster#1 wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:51 pm

If a guy is coming to Munster with his profile less than a season out from a RWC and his focus is 'I want to make the Irish RWC squad' rather than 'I want to cement myself as a starter with my new club in a hotly contested position' then there's an issue. I would hope his priority is the former.

He won't be anywhere near a RWC squad.

But you know that.
You seem to be looking for an argument where there is none rather than engaging in a discussion.

Again I never claimed he would be included.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 10:15 am Frisch will provide some really good depth in the middle of the park, and I doubt he is coming to Munster to just make up the numbers.

He will be pushing hard for inclusion in the Irish squad for the RWC. I’m not saying that he is good enough to make it, as I have limited knowledge of the guy, and he will have to get passed Farrell, which won’t be easy, but this can only benefit Munster.
Less and less subtle...

Repeating a claim that you promptly deny making.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Some great interviews here.
As already mentioned by Dropkick, Prendergast looks to be a very exciting addition to the Munster set up.

His pathway to joining Munster has meant that he has gained so much knowledge, coaching in different environments.
This coupled with the fact that he has played in Ireland, England and France means that he has had more exposure to different styles of play, and player groups than most homegrown coaches.

I am really looking forward to see, not only how the Munster backs play, but also how the backs and forwards link in open play.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2022/08/11/ ... endergast/
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

munster#1 wrote: August 13th, 2022, 10:00 am Some great interviews here.
As already mentioned by Dropkick, Prendergast looks to be a very exciting addition to the Munster set up.

His pathway to joining Munster has meant that he has gained so much knowledge, coaching in different environments.
This coupled with the fact that he has played in Ireland, England and France means that he has had more exposure to different styles of play, and player groups than most homegrown coaches.

I am really looking forward to see, not only how the Munster backs play, but also how the backs and forwards link in open play.

You just cut and pasted that from your Larkham/Van Grann/Erasmus/Penny/Foley/etc posts, didn't you?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

deco wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:44 pm
munster#1 wrote: August 13th, 2022, 10:00 am Some great interviews here.

You just cut and pasted that from your Larkham/Van Grann/Erasmus/Penny/Foley/etc posts, didn't you?
I didn’t, but I did have the same level of optimism when Munster signed Larkham, Van Grann and Rowntree, so we’ll just have to wait and see.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I'm more optimistic than I was seeing that dream team because it was a dream team, not a reality team.

Munster were never going to play like Larkham. I don't expect anyone to go over the top in praising a player as Prendergastesque. They haven't hired coaches to do a miracle transformation. They've hired good coaches to do good coaching.

There's plenty of experience of Munster DNA spread around the coaching team but there's also external experience.

Hiring an ex-Leinster contact skills coach says a lot about how Munster plan to win: good detail, height and footwork on both sides of the tackle. There's no reason for Munster to target the breakdown less so that emphasis will remain. It's not feasible to get playmakers everywhere with the squad they have so they won't try. But the ones who can do it will be doing it, that's unavoidable with the Irish team influence.

Munster will continue to be a team that keeps working around the corner and keeps kicking the ball in the right positions, and that's no bad thing. They'll just be a bit better at taking space when they're given it (hopefully). And if they get better at developing the right young talent, then they'll be a much more competitive team before too long.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

The introduction of the SA teams has had a very positive impact on the viewer number for the regular season.
This can only be seen as a massive positive, as hopefully these numbers can translate to greater sponsorship.

Very interesting to see how Munster place in terms of viewer numbers, featuring heavily in the top 10 most viewed games, in 4 of the top 5 derby audiences, and 4 of the top 5 audiences from games in Ireland.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2022/08/17/ ... t-records/
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

munster#1 wrote: August 17th, 2022, 1:11 pm The introduction of the SA teams has had a very positive impact on the viewer number for the regular season.
This can only be seen as a massive positive, as hopefully these numbers can translate to greater sponsorship.

Very interesting to see how Munster place in terms of viewer numbers, featuring heavily in the top 10 most viewed games, in 4 of the top 5 derby audiences, and 4 of the top 5 audiences from games in Ireland.

Yeah, that's a weird one alright, when one considers how much more entertaining and exciting Leinster's brand of rugby is. :wink: :wink: :wink:
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

riocard911 wrote: August 17th, 2022, 6:38 pm
munster#1 wrote: August 17th, 2022, 1:11 pm The introduction of the SA teams has had a very positive impact on the viewer number for the regular season.

Yeah, that's a weird one alright, when one considers how much more entertaining and exciting Leinster's brand of rugby is. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Well, if we base how entertaining a team is on their audience size, then Munster are clearly the most entertaining team in Ireland.
When we compare audience size verses population size, then Munster are clearly twice as entertaining as Leinster 🤔😉😉😉
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

munster#1 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 9:17 am

Well, if we base how entertaining a team is on their audience size, then Munster are clearly the most entertaining team in Ireland.
When we compare audience size verses population size, then Munster are clearly twice as entertaining as Leinster 🤔😉😉😉
Your logic is compelling, #1!!! :lol: :wink:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote: August 18th, 2022, 9:23 am

I’d put it down to misery lives company :D
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

All joking aside, it is very interesting to see these figures.
You would definitely expect Leinster and Ulster to have stronger viewer numbers given their populations compared to Munster, the noise around the style of play and Munster’s lack of success compared to Leinster.

These published numbers can only be seen as a positive for any potential sponsors.

In terms of the increased viewer numbers across the league, hopefully this continues to grow.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: August 18th, 2022, 11:00 am

Or Holy Communions/Confirmations!!! Leinster supporters were at the games rather than watching on tv :twisted:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Xanthippe wrote: August 18th, 2022, 5:59 pm

Or Holy Communions/Confirmations!!! Leinster supporters were at the games rather than watching on tv :twisted:
Sure the Leinster average attendance is massively inflated each season due to the draw of Munster coming to town, so much so that they have to move the match to the Aviva. :D
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

munster#1 wrote: August 19th, 2022, 9:58 am

Sure the Leinster average attendance is massively inflated each season due to the draw of Munster coming to town, so much so that they have to move the match to the Aviva. :D
Ah, the annual paddling. I believe thats covered under misery loves company
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: August 19th, 2022, 10:46 am
munster#1 wrote: August 19th, 2022, 9:58 am

Ah, the annual paddling. I believe thats covered under misery loves company
Come on, you can do better than that.

#best supported Irish team. 8) :wink: