Ulster 2021/22

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Ulster 2021/22

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

SoupyNorman wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 11:06 pm When I saw the pile of Munster jerseys gathering round a couple of Ulster players, I felt the quick-tap was definitely on. Fairplay to Peyper for letting it be played.

Ulster just far more accurate in their back-line play. Munster appeared to be adventurous on the surface but looked like they were improvising and unsure whatever to expect.

Looking forward to Gerry Thornley saying how in fairneaa Munster gave it a good go and put width on the ball and sure it wasn't all that bar. Hopefully he might even have a line about Ulster too.
First of all, that was a crappy way to end a season, you have my sympathy.

Secondly, at the Munster game in the Aviva I said that once Kendallan started handbags I knew we’d won. Is this a culture problem in with the coaching staff where they’re rewarding agro with selection? All it led to today was giving up a soft try
Last edited by Oldschoolsocks on June 4th, 2022, 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Kendellan needs to look to VDF to model his attitude on, not whoever he's trying to emulate currently
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Archer gave away a stupid penalty for a sneaky late hit. Ulster exit with an attacking lineout in 50-22 territory. Clean break off quick ball and Ulster score straightaway.

Dreadful play.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
FLIP wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:37 pm Munster must still be tired after beating Leinster in Marseille last weekend
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
FLIP wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:37 pm Munster must still be tired after beating Leinster in Marseille last weekend
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by cormac

The number of Munster players who run in needlessly to the handbags for the first Ulster try is joy itself. You can pinpoint the exact moment Chris Farrell realises he's made a monumental f%~k-up.
This was the funniest thing I've seen in a rugby game in ages. :lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats to Ulster for the win!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

sunshiner1 wrote: June 4th, 2022, 2:10 am
by cormac

The number of Munster players who run in needlessly to the handbags for the first Ulster try is joy itself. You can pinpoint the exact moment Chris Farrell realises he's made a monumental f%~k-up.
This was the funniest thing I've seen in a rugby game in ages. :lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats to Ulster for the win!
Replay of it for anyone who wants to enjoy it again: https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... l_scuffle/
Anyone But New Zealand
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

No idea why Cooney isn't in Ireland squad
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

enby wrote: June 4th, 2022, 8:39 am No idea why Cooney isn't in Ireland squad
Becausae Ireland want to win things?
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 11:44 pm Archer gave away a stupid penalty for a sneaky late hit. Ulster exit with an attacking lineout in 50-22 territory. Clean break off quick ball and Ulster score straightaway.

Dreadful play.
Yes, but in the seconds before he finally got the late hit in on Cooney, he made two attempts at the side of the ruck to cause some mischief - potentially/actually from an offside position - with Jaco Peyper right behind him looking on. In other words the cheap shot on Cooney was his third go at giving away a peno at that one ruck alone. To think that the penalty machine that is Stephen Archer has the second highest number of red caps says all one needs to know about the poor state of affairs at Munster Rugby.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2022, 9:20 am
Dunno Dave, Cooneys won a Heineken Cup, European Challengs cup and a couple of ProX’s. He’s a good player.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

FLIP wrote: June 4th, 2022, 8:34 am
by cormac

Replay of it for anyone who wants to enjoy it again: https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... l_scuffle/
I don't think anyone enjoyed that more than Peyper. I'd say a few refs will try to see if they can allow one.

de Allende and Murray were around when it started but got back onto their line. Kendellen and the 2 Wycherleys went looking for it.
Haley came over when he shouldn't have.

If Henderson had actually done something or tried to hold them in I'd almost have some sympathy for Munster but he really had no interest in the provocation.

That sort of antics put a fair few people off rugby back when I was in school. I properly hate it.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 4th, 2022, 10:30 am
Dunno Dave, Cooneys won a Heineken Cup, European Challengs cup and a couple of ProX’s. He’s a good player.
He was a great player a few seasons ago but he hasn't been the same since that long term injury he had. I don't even see Ulster fans calling for his inclusion for the tour of NZ.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
David May
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 4th, 2022, 11:03 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote:

David May
Very clever, but I don’t agree the Cooney’s been a forgettable passenger.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

He wasn’t great last night either. Kicking in particular.

He was just a stark contrast to Murray which wouldn’t have been hard!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Keith wrote: June 4th, 2022, 10:57 am He was a great player a few seasons ago but he hasn't been the same since that long term injury he had. I don't even see Ulster fans calling for his inclusion for the tour of NZ.
He was never great, he was just massively influential for Ulster (he was their primary kicker) at a time they lost their favoured 9, in a way he would never have been with Ireland. Don't get me wrong, I think he could do a job for Ireland but he'd be no better than a lot of the younger lads queuing up already. That hype a few seasons back was a lot of nonsense really.
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

ronk wrote: June 4th, 2022, 10:50 am

I don't think anyone enjoyed that more than Peyper. I'd say a few refs will try to see if they can allow one.

de Allende and Murray were around when it started but got back onto their line. Kendellen and the 2 Wycherleys went looking for it.

If Henderson had actually done something or tried to hold them in I'd almost have some sympathy for Munster but he really had no interest in the provocation.

That sort of antics put a fair few people off rugby back when I was in school. I properly hate it.
I liked Henderson pointing and showing the Munster handbags brigade that they were missing out on the try being scored.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

SoupyNorman wrote: June 4th, 2022, 1:56 pm
ronk wrote: June 4th, 2022, 10:50 am

I liked Henderson pointing and showing the Munster handbags brigade that they were missing out on the try being scored.
Yes. I couldn't see his face when he did it so I'll have to imagine his smile.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

And how has that been going for them in the last few seasons or RWCs for that.
Probably too late for him now.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.