Ulster 2021/22

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Ulster 2021/22

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:51 pm Van Graan has been at Munster since 2017 and Larkham since 2019, and yet this is what their final game looks like.
I don't want to turn the knife into JVG (he seems like a nice man) but looking back as his tenure at Munster it's heard to see what Bath seen and thought "We have to have this guy". There have been good moments with Munster over the years sure, but it's hard to pick out what his one strong area is. Is he an Attacking coach? is he a defensive coach? Is he a good Organizer? I'm just not sure.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

How bad must Toulouse of been this season to have been taken to a penalty shoot out by this rabble?
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Baloucoune has been sensational.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

dougie the flanker wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:17 pm Not Joeys finest game for us so far. Balacoune a game changer for the men in white.
He’s a fraud. Anyone who thinks he’s a player knows nothing about the game
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

the spoofer wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:01 pm
dougie the flanker wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:17 pm Not Joeys finest game for us so far. Balacoune a game changer for the men in white.
He is a player, just playing in the wrong team, coached by the wrong people and playing in the wrong position.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Keith wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:03 pm
the spoofer wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:01 pm
He is a player, just playing in the wrong team, coached by the wrong people and playing in the wrong position.
This
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Why did Wycherley stay on for so long with Ahern and Jenkins on the bench? That’s rotten luck for Ahern, hope it’s not as bad as the comms seem to think.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

LeinsterLeader wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:59 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 8:51 pm Van Graan has been at Munster since 2017 and Larkham since 2019, and yet this is what their final game looks like.
I don't want to turn the knife into JVG (he seems like a nice man) but looking back as his tenure at Munster it's heard to see what Bath seen and thought "We have to have this guy". There have been good moments with Munster over the years sure, but it's hard to pick out what his one strong area is. Is he an Attacking coach? is he a defensive coach? Is he a good Organizer? I'm just not sure.
I’ll certainly miss him :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Nice one Madser
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Here is your reminder that Munster wanted JVG to stay for another two years.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:19 pm Here is your reminder that Munster wanted JVG to stay for another two years.
He could stay for ten years and he’d still pick Archer and Murray.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I wouldn't have a huge fear of Ulster if we meet them later on I must say. Reckon we could take that pack to the cleaners.

Hume/Balacoune very dangerous albeit.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

For Munster, you reap what you sow, but I don’t understand how some of the promising elements of the period between hanging in there in the first leg against Exeter and the extra time against Toulouse were just totally and utterly lacking tonight.

Ulster very good though. Solid performance from the pack but the centres and back three were outstanding. I’ve never been a fan of Burns but he can pull the strings quite well at times, good game from him tonight.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

OTT wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 7:46 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 7:44 pm That is one of the most enjoyable tries I’ve ever seen :lol:

Munster lads too interested in the angry face shite again and then that happens :lol:
Kendellan is class when he sticks to rugby but he’s had that coming, he’s been reading to much from his three red kings fanboys.
100%. He's not that player. Somebody told him that to play in the backrow for Munster you have to do the fake agro bit.

I literally laughed out loud when they scored that try during The Munster Handbag Session, Vol. 146. It has been a long time coming.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Nice cameo from Jason Jenkins. Thought he did well for his time on the pitch. Unfortunate to see Big Tom injured.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

hugonaut wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:40 pm Nice cameo from Jason Jenkins. Thought he did well for his time on the pitch. Unfortunate to see Big Tom injured.
That will Be an interesting project. Munsters biggest asset is getting rid of the two coaches.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

dougie the flanker wrote:Players look checked out. The amount of knock ons. I think we'll see a bit of a changing of the guard next season. Pretty poor stuff. Ulster look great.
Yeah, it’s a pretty ignominious end to JVG & Larkham’s time. On the other hand, at least Rowntree won’t have to deal with sky high expectations!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

the spoofer wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 10:00 pm
hugonaut wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:40 pm Nice cameo from Jason Jenkins. Thought he did well for his time on the pitch. Unfortunate to see Big Tom injured.
That will Be an interesting project. Munsters biggest asset is getting rid of the two coaches.
They'll more than likely continue to win f**k all with the front row and half backs they have next season.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

hugonaut wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 9:38 pm
OTT wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 7:46 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 7:44 pm That is one of the most enjoyable tries I’ve ever seen :lol:

Munster lads too interested in the angry face shite again and then that happens :lol:
Kendellan is class when he sticks to rugby but he’s had that coming, he’s been reading to much from his three red kings fanboys.
100%. He's not that player. Somebody told him that to play in the backrow for Munster you have to do the fake agro bit.

I literally laughed out loud when they scored that try during The Munster Handbag Session, Vol. 146. It has been a long time coming.
That was f%~king hilarious, it’s the best response to handbags. The look of wtf on DDA’s face was palpable. I actually do feel for their fans tonight that exit must have just felt like a damp squib
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

When I saw the pile of Munster jerseys gathering round a couple of Ulster players, I felt the quick-tap was definitely on. Fairplay to Peyper for letting it be played.

Ulster just far more accurate in their back-line play. Munster appeared to be adventurous on the surface but looked like they were improvising and unsure whatever to expect.

Looking forward to Gerry Thornley saying how in fairneaa Munster gave it a good go and put width on the ball and sure it wasn't all that bar. Hopefully he might even have a line about Ulster too.