Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Re: Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Post by munster#1 »

FLIP wrote: September 18th, 2021, 8:29 am
blockhead wrote: September 18th, 2021, 7:38 am
munster#1 wrote: September 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Nice dig.
But at the risk of being pedantic here, aren’t Munster the team with the most HC quarter and semi final appearances?
#Bridesmaids
Bridesmaids get to go to the main event
Thank you for the backup. And here’s me thinking that you didn’t like me.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

So back to matters at hand, as if the week couldn’t get any better after the announcement of the extra income, we now find ourselves just 1 week from the opening match of the season.

With the Lions and Irish internationals yet to fully integrate to the squad and with many of the old heads now departed, I would suspect that we will a relatively weakened team.

Something along the lines of:

Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo; Ben Healy, Rowan Osborne; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Keynan Knox; Jean Kleyn, Thomas Ahern; Jack O’Donoghue (C), Chris Cloete, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements from: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Jack O’Sullivan, Neil Cronin Jack Crowley, Liam Coombes
Last edited by munster#1 on September 18th, 2021, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Xanthippe wrote: September 17th, 2021, 5:50 pm
ronk wrote: September 17th, 2021, 11:08 am May is a good time to book Thomond Park.
:green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap:

This is the outright winner for Post of the Year
Nice dig.
But at the risk of being pedantic here, aren’t Munster the team with the most HC quarter and semi final appearances?
What do you put on your jersey for them? We count wins with stars.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

munster#1 wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:07 am So back to matters at hand, as if the week couldn’t get any better after the announcement of the extra income, we now find ourselves just 1 week from the opening match of the season.

With the Lions and Irish internationals yet to fully integrate to the squad and with many of the old heads now departed, I would suspect that we will a relatively weakened team.

Something along the lines of:

Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Simon Zebo; Ben Healy, Rowan Osborne; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Keynan Knox; Jean Kleyn, Thomas Ahern; Jack O’Donoghue (C), Chris Cloete, Alex Kendellen.

Replacements from: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, Stephen Archer, Cian Hurley, Jack O’Sullivan, Neil Cronin, Paddy Patterson, Jack Crowley, Liam Coombes
Can the mods move this to the Leinster Exiles thread please?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

I know this is likely to spark some childish comments from the usual suspects, but it is great to see Keatley back involved with Munster again, hopefully this is the beginning of the next stage of his career.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/spor ... -side.html
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote: September 18th, 2021, 10:12 am

Nice dig.
What do you put on your jersey for them? We count wins with stars.
Might I suggest Bouquets.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk wrote: September 17th, 2021, 11:08 am May is a good time to book Thomond Park.

While we're on the subject of concerts, any chance the southern cousins could give Jim Aiken & the GAA a ring and take the abysmal Garth Brooks off our hands?
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

munster#1 wrote: September 18th, 2021, 12:46 pm I know this is likely to spark some childish comments from the usual suspects, but it is great to see Keatley back involved with Munster again, hopefully this is the beginning of the next stage of his career.

What a truly bizarre comment, why would this spark childish comments on here??? It's Munster fans that booed him while he was playing in Thomand in front of his supposed fans, not us...
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Keith wrote: September 18th, 2021, 11:02 pm
munster#1 wrote: September 18th, 2021, 12:46 pm I know this is likely to spark some childish comments from the usual suspects, but it is great to see Keatley back involved with Munster again, hopefully this is the beginning of the next stage of his career.

What a truly bizarre comment, why would this spark childish comments on here??? It's Munster fans that booed him while he was playing in Thomand in front of his supposed fans, not us...
Hardly a bizarre comment.
You just made the exact comment that I expected without any reference to his latest assignment.

For me, I am delighted for the Keatley and really do hope that we get to see him build a strong coaching career with Munster.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

munster#1 wrote: September 18th, 2021, 11:36 pm

You just made the exact comment that I expected without any reference to his latest assignment.

For me, I am delighted for the Keatley and really do hope that we get to see him build a strong coaching career with Munster.
Best of luck to him. A fine Sutton lad!!!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

He’s just fishing, his MO is pretty transparent and has been for years…
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Keatley was always a model pro who gave his all and played his share of good games. Keatley was treated a lot better by sympathetic Leinster fans than by Munster fans who saw his as the weak link that prevented them winning silver.

He took a lot of hurt but he kept coming back stronger. I have a lot of respect for that.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: September 18th, 2021, 11:36 pm

Dude, your usually subtle trolling has been turned up to 11 ahead of the new season.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: September 19th, 2021, 3:08 am

He’s just fishing, his MO is pretty transparent and has been for years…
Every now and again his true self comes out.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

ronk wrote: September 19th, 2021, 10:09 am Keatley was always a model pro who gave his all and played his share of good games. Keatley was treated a lot better by sympathetic Leinster fans than by Munster fans who saw his as the weak link that prevented them winning silver.

He took a lot of hurt but he kept coming back stronger. I have a lot of respect for that.
He was also adored by London Irish fans during his brief stint there, they were desperate for him to stay.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

I can assure you all that what I said was not an attempt to troll or WUM or whatever childish behaviour you believe someone may engage in.
I am a 36 year old adult, who has better things to do than wind up strangers online.

I made the comment in an attempt to mitigate against the usual negativity that surrounds any post relating to Keatley and Munster.
It was an attempt to ensure that we finally see some positivity posted regarding Keatley as he looks to the next chapter.

The vast majority of Munster fans were and are still mad about Keatley, he was a great servant of Munster Rugby and always gave 100% to the jersey.

The act of the small number of idiots who jeered him during one game does not define the collective group.
Last edited by munster#1 on September 19th, 2021, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Keith wrote: September 19th, 2021, 10:57 am
ronk wrote: September 19th, 2021, 10:09 am Keatley was always a model pro who gave his all and played his share of good games. Keatley was treated a lot better by sympathetic Leinster fans than by Munster fans who saw his as the weak link that prevented them winning silver.

He was also adored by London Irish fans during his brief stint there, they were desperate for him to stay.
It’s a real shame that his career came to an abrupt end following that move.
At 34 and with a fairly good injury profile he probably still has more to offer.

I know his wife is a teacher in Limerick and he has a young family, so perhaps he just didn’t want to be away from them, which is understandable.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: September 19th, 2021, 12:02 pm I can assure you all that what I said was not an attempt to troll or WUM or whatever childish behaviour you believe someone may engage in.
I am a 36 year old adult, who has better things to do than wind up strangers online.

I made the comment in an attempt to mitigate against the usual negativity that surrounds any post relating to Keatley and Munster.
It was an attempt to ensure that we finally see some positivity posted regarding Keatley as he looks to the next chapter.

The vast majority of Munster fans were and are still mad about Keatley, he was a great servant of Munster Rugby and always gave 100% to the jersey.

The act of the small number of retards who jeered him during one game does not define the collective group.
Ok, so why start a post with 'I know this is likely to spark some childish comments from the usual suspects' instead of just stating what you wanted to state?

munster#1 wrote: September 19th, 2021, 12:02 pm
The act of the small number of retards who jeered him during one game does not define the collective group.
As a '36 year old adult' you should probably be aware that phrasing is pretty poor.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: September 19th, 2021, 12:16 pm
munster#1 wrote: September 19th, 2021, 12:02 pm I can assure you all that what I said was not an attempt to troll or WUM or whatever childish behaviour you believe someone may engage in.

The act of the small number of idiots who jeered him during one game does not define the collective group.
Ok, so why start a post with 'I know this is likely to spark some childish comments from the usual suspects' instead of just stating what you wanted to state?

munster#1 wrote: September 19th, 2021, 12:02 pm
As a '36 year old adult' you should probably be aware that phrasing is pretty poor.
Changed to more PC terminology.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: September 19th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Changed to more PC terminology.
Oh it's not about being 'PC' at all.

You used a dated and insulting term there. What you meant to say was:

'Sorry, shouldn't have said that, I've changed it.'