Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

jezzer
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Post by jezzer »

On we go
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 7th, 2022, 4:58 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 7th, 2022, 4:52 pm I wonder how aware Toulouse are of Healy’s boot?
Not very…
You called it
I have Bumbleflex
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Win or lose, this has been Munsters best performance in years.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Maybe I should wait until this is over to say this but Luke Pearce has had a great game. Can’t think of one decision I’ve disagreed with, he’s overseen a great game, and he’s spoken more French than I can remember a non French ref speaking before. Top class.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

JOD immense today
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Please remember......

Please Respect The Kicker.

😉😉🤣🤣😂😂
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Fair play to them. I didn't think they would have been within a sniff of a win but they took them all the way. Horrible way to go, but they should be proud of how they are finishing the season.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

That was mad stuff altogether
I have Bumbleflex
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Toulouse didn't deserve that remotely, but how often have we said that recently...
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Penalty kicks in rugby are shite
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

Munster choke again alas.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

How does a team that is considered to be good though not great losing to the current champions in a penalty shoot out after extra time constitute choking?

This was the opposite of choking.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

jezzer wrote: May 7th, 2022, 5:48 pm Toulouse didn't deserve that remotely, but how often have we said that recently...
I thought Toulouse were by far the better side. Dominated for most of the game and played some amazing rugby but Munster managed to win an extraordinary number of turnovers.

Credit to Munster though, they toughed it out brilliantly and to be fair to them I think some of their poor play was just down to being wrecked by having to work so hard to hang in there. A very tough one to take but they’ve a very good core of young players and know they can mix it at the top level once they back themselves to play.

I’ve often been critical of JOD but he had a great game again today. Josh Wycherley, Kendellan, and Ahern (bar the stupid penalty) were all immense. I think Casey came on at the wrong time, the team was too tired to play his game by then so he had to kick more than he’d have wanted to.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 7th, 2022, 6:19 pm
jezzer wrote: May 7th, 2022, 5:48 pm Toulouse didn't deserve that remotely, but how often have we said that recently...
I thought Toulouse were by far the better side. Dominated for most of the game and played some amazing rugby but Munster managed to win an extraordinary number of turnovers.

Credit to Munster though, they toughed it out brilliantly and to be fair to them I think some of their poor play was just down to being wrecked by having to work so hard to hang in there. A very tough one to take but they’ve a very good core of young players and know they can mix it at the top level once they back themselves to play.

I’ve often been critical of JOD but he had a great game again today. Josh Wycherley, Kendellan, and Ahern (bar the stupid penalty) were all immense. I think Casey came on at the wrong time, the team was too tired to play his game by then so he had to kick more than he’d have wanted to.
I thought Toulouse were inaccurate and ponderous. A better attacking side than Munster would have put 40 on them.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 7th, 2022, 6:19 pm I think Casey came on at the wrong time, the team was too tired to play his game by then so he had to kick more than he’d have wanted to.
That’s a good point.
Harsh to call that choking… could easily have won. Their best effect in years IMO.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

jezzer wrote: May 7th, 2022, 6:24 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 7th, 2022, 6:19 pm

I thought Toulouse were inaccurate and ponderous. A better attacking side than Munster would have put 40 on them.
They made tonnes of breaks and metres though. It was just that they blew it when they did because they didn’t resource the ruck properly.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Tis all Ed Sheerins fault!
To leave a stadium that you hardly ever lose in and go to a stadium that you hardly ever win in.

hard luck Munster tbf. They nearly pulled it off.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

That match was Toulouse's to lose. And bedad, they nearly succeeded. Munster were hanging on for dear life at times. I thought Munster gave as good an account of themselves as was to be expected without Beirne and Coombes. They can hold their heads high. Saffers won't be happy though; Munster will be all the more determined than ever now to win against us on the 21st, in order to get a home quarter-final in the URC play-offs.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

The difference between the performances of Earls and Zebo today was stark. I have watched the 2nd Toulouse try several times and I have no idea why Zebo was positioned almost at first centre leaving an enormous gap out wide for the try scorer to stroll into. He did seem to be hampered by an injury towards the end but he was far from the talisman that many believe him to be. Earls was effective and tidy in what he had to do.

I'm not a fan but even I was very impressed by POM's shift today. Kleyn had a good match too. All 4 half backs rarely if ever caused much trouble for a ponderous Toulouse defence.

Toulouse's discipline was woeful. Lets hope they are as loose next week
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

enby wrote: May 7th, 2022, 8:07 pm The difference between the performances of Earls and Zebo today was stark. I have watched the 2nd Toulouse try several times and I have no idea why Zebo was positioned almost at first centre leaving an enormous gap out wide for the try scorer to stroll into. He did seem to be hampered by an injury towards the end but he was far from the talisman that many believe him to be. Earls was effective and tidy in what he had to do.

I'm not a fan but even I was very impressed by POM's shift today. Kleyn had a good match too. All 4 half backs rarely if ever caused much trouble for a ponderous Toulouse defence.

Toulouse's discipline was woeful. Lets hope they are as loose next week
I’m not as negative about Zebo as others but he did nothing today and I think his offload against Exeter probably earned him a spot today that he didn’t deserve. Himself and Earls both struggled to contain the Toulouse outside backs but at least Earls was trying to be proactive in defence, Zebo was just all at sea.

Edit: Farrell and DDA both got done a few times as well which made it look worse for the wingers in fairness to them.