Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Post by fourthirtythree »

Sorry. I was misinformed.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

At you sure though?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Munster RSA latest: 34 leave tonight. After more positive tests 14 have to stay behind. Good luck to all of them!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Looking good then for the Heineken Cup, as long as there are no more big outbreaks.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ronk wrote: December 1st, 2021, 9:33 pm Looking good then for the Heineken Cup, as long as there are no more big outbreaks.
Fingers crossed!!!
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Anyone think that this Covid enforced situation might become Mick Kearney's opportunity to play professional rugby for all four provinces......

Or with Leinster having options in the back row, might Munster be putting in a call for Soroka (or others) to tog out for them next week?

Front row the main issue, but they could certainly do with some second row and back row options.....
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

brotheroffrank wrote: December 5th, 2021, 11:13 am Anyone think that this Covid enforced situation might become Mick Kearney's opportunity to play professional rugby for all four provinces......

Or with Leinster having options in the back row, might Munster be putting in a call for Soroka (or others) to tog out for them next week?

Front row the main issue, but they could certainly do with some second row and back row options.....
Of this you can be sure....
If any of our players go down to Munster under this pretence, and if they play well, then the pressure for them to stay at Munster will be immense.
Even if they are not needed when their full team is avaiable or even if we do actually need them ourselves.
It will happen first in the media " Wicklow Town is not a million miles from Limerick y'know", "it makes sense for everyone", "its for the good of the national team" and so on. Van Grab will tune in with "he'ed be certainly welcome down here, he bought into the jersey very quickly, is'nt his Granny form Athenry?"

Give them nothin!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

blockhead wrote: December 5th, 2021, 12:38 pm

Give them nothin!
Yup..I'd love to be a good neighbor and offer support but unfortunately we know that Munster/IRFU can't be trusted and any player we loaned would not be returned.

I feel for them but not enough to lose,say, Penney.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

No idea who stayed late in SA so it's hard to know where they are stuck. Tighthead wouldseem obvious as they brought 3 and Salanoa has a knock. But they also have lots of experience in Archer and Ryan. Im sure they'd manage a bit less training as long as they keep fitness up.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

fourthirtythree wrote: December 5th, 2021, 2:34 pm

Give them nothin!
Yup..I'd love to be a good neighbor and offer support but unfortunately we know that Munster/IRFU can't be trusted and any player we loaned would not be returned.

In fairness, if you were Nucifora, Farrell, (O'Connell!), Cullen or Lancaster (or Leamy!) what would be guiding your thinking...? there is precedent for giving a helping hand: https://www.the42.ie/james-ryan-munster ... 3-May2017/

For one of our academy to play in the Heineken Cup this year for Leinster there would have to be a fair number of injuries to players ahead of him; whereas, given the difficulty Munster are in, that player could avail of an opportunity to get experience and do a job this coming weekend - adding to his experience - the opposing theory seems to be that if a player goes to Munster this weekend, for one match, they might think of staying....

If you were a Leinster academy player, which coaching ticket/current style of rugby would sway your thoughts for maximum improvement while in the academy? I'd have no concerns about a player who is unlikely to appear for Leinster in the Heineken Cup this season going down for the week that is in it....its a game against Wasps, good experience (and a matchday) on a weekend they wont be playing in Lansdowne Road..
Last edited by brotheroffrank on December 5th, 2021, 5:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

ronk wrote: December 5th, 2021, 4:23 pm No idea who stayed late in SA so it's hard to know where they are stuck. Tighthead wouldseem obvious as they brought 3 and Salanoa has a knock. But they also have lots of experience in Archer and Ryan. Im sure they'd manage a bit less training as long as they keep fitness up.
Word is they are short players in the pack/forwards for the bench......[and at full back....but even though he didn't get a run out for the Ba Baas, the chances of RK interrupting his Honeymoon to come out of retirement (again) are not looking too good! :lol: ]
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

BT Premiership roundup (Sunday pm) mention that JVG is rumoured to be the target of Bath. Now there's a good story. Lots of money there already and it's also rumoured that Mr Dyson is keen to take over or take a stake. How does that sound?
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

brotheroffrank wrote: December 5th, 2021, 4:44 pm

Give them nothin!

In fairness, if you were Nucifora, Farrell, (O'Connell!), Cullen or Lancaster (or Leamy!) what would be guiding your thinking...? there is precedent for giving a helping hand: https://www.the42.ie/james-ryan-munster ... 3-May2017/

For one of our academy to play in the Heineken Cup this year for Leinster there would have to be a fair number of injuries to players ahead of him; whereas, given the difficulty Munster are in, that player could avail of an opportunity to get experience and do a job this coming weekend - adding to his experience - the opposing theory seems to be that if a player goes to Munster this weekend, for one match, they might think of staying....

If you were a Leinster academy player, which coaching ticket/current style of rugby would sway your thoughts for maximum improvement while in the academy? I'd have no concerns about a player who is unlikely to appear for Leinster in the Heineken Cup this season going down for the week that is in it....its a game against Wasps, good experience (and a matchday) on a weekend they wont be playing in Lansdowne Road..
I think you need to read the article you linked and maybe have a gander at the comments section as well to get a feel for munster-think.

Give them nothin!
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

deco wrote: December 5th, 2021, 6:01 pm
brotheroffrank wrote: December 5th, 2021, 4:44 pm

I think you need to read the article you linked and maybe have a gander at the comments section as well to get a feel for munster-think.

Give them nothin!
We can easily guess what keyboard warrior/bar-stool "Munster-think" is.....point is, regardless of all them comments, where offered a better career path for an academy player [and where did James Ryan stay] ? ! I'd suggest the same would apply this time round if anyone from our academy made the trip (it sounds like none will though and Munster intend to avail of AIL players from Munster Clubs)....
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Munster already have an academy. They don't need ours.

Senior players would be what they wanted.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

fourthirtythree wrote: December 5th, 2021, 6:33 pm Munster already have an academy. They don't need ours.

Senior players would be what they wanted.
The Munster academy is a bit like the Policy Academy series of films; gross mismanagement at the top resulting in graduates who are mixed bag of nuts at best and very few are left happy with them

except with that one chap who could do sound effects.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

JVG linked with Bath again.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

offshorerules wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:35 am JVG linked with Bath again.
I feelings on this are the same as they were for Ole at Utd. Please stay.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:10 am
offshorerules wrote: December 6th, 2021, 10:35 am JVG linked with Bath again.
I feelings on this are the same as they were for Ole at Utd. Please stay.
Tuigim, Blockhead. With the blue glasses on I'd agree with you, but with the green?.....
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

No. It's a coach they'd be after from us then rather than some players.

Actually probably both at the same time "wouldn't you like to keep working with the coach who has been so good for you so far?"