Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Post by blockhead »

Big right up in the42 today about Ben Healy(the Farmers son) So just like the Kearneys then eh? :roll:
Anyway he missed one long range pen and then a drop and then 2 pens in the shootout...burn dude....not his day.
Kicking is something he'll have to improve though, sub 80% atm in the URC.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

blockhead wrote: May 7th, 2022, 9:22 pm Big right up in the42 today about Ben Healy(the Farmers son) So just like the Kearneys then eh? :roll:
Anyway he missed one long range pen and then a drop and then 2 pens in the shootout...burn dude....not his day.
Kicking is something he'll have to improve though, sub 80% atm in the URC.
and he went to a private school but apparently it doesn't count because his parents worked hard to send him there 👍
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

Why did they give the harder kicks in the penalty shootout to healy and not joey?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

I watched from about the 50th minute on. Can't fault the players for effort. In that period though I'm not sure I saw one threatening move from Munster. Farrell made 2 blunders near the far touchline. One was not passing and the other was getting turned over which proved costly.

It was mainly Toulouse from then on. Munster did very well to almost snatch it at the end, twice. Healy had twenty something successful efforts on target before this match. Nerves got the better of him.

It was a good learning experience for the squad. Really missed some players especially Coombes.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

heno wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:14 am Why did they give the harder kicks in the penalty shootout to healy and not joey?

He'd missed 2 during the match which ultimately cost them the tie. Maybe this wasn't the reason Healy was given them but he was some way short of perfect on the day.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

heno wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:14 am Why did they give the harder kicks in the penalty shootout to healy and not joey?

I was thinking the same.

Why was a 22 year old given the harder side for a right footed kicker? Why didn't the Messiah take the harder side?

Would love to know if management were protecting Carburry or did Carburry himself request the easier side.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Hippo wrote: May 8th, 2022, 9:51 am

He'd missed 2 during the match which ultimately cost them the tie. Maybe this wasn't the reason Healy was given them but he was some way short of perfect on the day.
Joey kicks with a quite noticeable draw [ball moves right to left]. Healy is typically very straight and kicks with a more penetrating flight. I would have gone the same way to be honest.

Joey's misses during the game were surprising. He has become a very reliable placekicker with his slightly unconventional chipping style. Neither of the kicks he missed were particularly tough for a first choice goalkicker.

Healy had a tough time yesterday and it's hard not to have sympathy for him. He seems like a nice fella and it just didn't fall for him. He had the missed long-range effort at the end of regular time, two missed drop-goals from central positions and two missed kicks from the right in the shoot-out. The long range one is what it is – a 5% kick that very few players in the world get in that situation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

For all the talk this week about how incredible DDA is (Shaggy & GT on Second Captains were particularly effusive) he wasn't good yesterday.

Those two kicks were absolute shockers.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The Zebo injury. What was it? He came off near the end with the scrum half coming back on, a third kicker. Hmmm, ...echoes from the past...."Who punched Simon Zebo? Simon Zebo perhaps"....
Could be talking sh!te though.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

He was limping heavily for a few minutes before going off. Cramp I think.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Avenger wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:34 pm He was limping heavily for a few minutes before going off. Cramp I think.
Yes but he went off either for blood or a hia otherwise Murray wouldn't have been allowed back on
Anyone But New Zealand
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

How bad does the blood have to be? Seen a number of players in both games with blood on their person and just wiped it off and carried on.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

wixfjord wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:27 pm For all the talk this week about how incredible DDA is (Shaggy & GT on Second Captains were particularly effusive) he wasn't good yesterday.

Those two kicks were absolute shockers.
DDA was probably their worst player actually. The young generation of forwards stood up very impressively in particular, bodes well for them for the future.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:01 pm The Zebo injury. What was it? He came off near the end with the scrum half coming back on, a third kicker. Hmmm, ...echoes from the past...."Who punched Simon Zebo? Simon Zebo perhaps"....
He banged his chin on the top of Ahki's head after catching a high ball. It gave him a bloody mouth. I don't think that there was anything underhanded or sinister about the substitution at all.

He was also obviously knackered. He had been cramping and limping badly since the second half. This was a tough match for him, because he's not very fit.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

hugonaut wrote: May 8th, 2022, 2:57 pm
blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2022, 1:01 pm The Zebo injury. What was it? He came off near the end with the scrum half coming back on, a third kicker. Hmmm, ...echoes from the past...."Who punched Simon Zebo? Simon Zebo perhaps"....
He banged his chin on the top of Ahki's head after catching a high ball. It gave him a bloody mouth. I don't think that there was anything underhanded or sinister about the substitution at all.

He was also obviously knackered. He had been cramping and limping badly since the second half. This was a tough match for him, because he's not very fit.
I had a look back at the footage, have to admit that I didn't see any fake blood capsules that might have been purchased in the many joke-shops that litter the little towns and villages on the road between Limerick and Dublin.
BUT THAT DOSEN'T MEAN THAT THERE WEREN'T ANY EITHER!!
I'll have to let this matter rest until further evidence comes to light.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2022, 5:08 pm

I had a look back at the footage, have to admit that I didn't see any fake blood capsules that might have been purchased in the many joke-shops that litter the little towns and villages on the road between Limerick and Dublin.
BUT THAT DOSEN'T MEAN THAT THERE WEREN'T ANY EITHER!!
I'll have to let this matter rest until further evidence comes to light.

He went off for a HIA not blood - I expect the blood capsule shops were all closed because the whole country was in D’Aviva supporting ‘everyone’s favourite team’
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

He looked like he would have been subbed off earlier if Munster could have. I can't watch a guy spitting blood like that without thinking of Quins. The fact that they needed a kicker and had Murray and he was playing hurt means he would have been desperately hoping for a blood injury/HIA.

But I didn't actually see anything untoward and there's no reason to think there was. It's an extraordinary coincidence though that Quins and the last penalty shoot out happened in 2009.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

ronk wrote: May 8th, 2022, 5:53 pm It's an extraordinary coincidence though that Quins and the last penalty shoot out happened in 2009.
Sounds like good omens for this year!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Xanthippe wrote: May 8th, 2022, 5:51 pm He went off for a HIA not blood - I expect the blood capsule shops were all closed because the whole country was in D’Aviva supporting ‘everyone’s favourite team’
I didn't realise that. There was blood as well, I thought it was the latter.

I don't think Zebo wears a gumshield and he obviously jarred his jaw on the top of Ahki's head. Reason enough for a HIA there [in my opinion]. He was completely knackered and probably dehydrated so I think it was reasonable to take him off for a HIA after he had got a bang in the face.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

First time since 2010 that Munster played a Heino game in the month of May. :clap: