Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

ronk wrote: January 19th, 2022, 1:12 pm
RoboProp wrote: January 19th, 2022, 12:42 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 19th, 2022, 12:33 pm it’s called the“there’s a shiny thing over there syndrome”
Ah like, when you'd be playing against Clongowes back in the day and see their swimming pool. You'd immediately covet it, even though you weren't a fair swimmer so wouldn't be using it properly

Not you personally OSS, I haven't a clue what level swimmer you are :lol:
Newpark and Marian College have pools...
So do Templeogue and the private school near to them that wear black purple and white
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: January 19th, 2022, 12:33 pm it’s called the“there’s a shiny thing over there syndrome”
Ah like, when you'd be playing against Clongowes back in the day and see their swimming pool. You'd immediately covet it, even though you weren't a fair swimmer so wouldn't be using it properly

My old school had swimming pools on our rugby pitches, we'd special edition gum shields with a snorkel attachment
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote: January 19th, 2022, 2:06 pm

My old school had swimming pools on our rugby pitches, we'd special edition gum shields with a snorkel attachment
Who needs a pool when you live beside the sea.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

You couldn’t make this up.
This is absolutely great timing given the digs that have been made over the last few days.
Not only are Leinster looking to sign a player from the Munster squad, said player is also an NIQ.

Might keep the small minded minority quiet for a while.

https://www.the42.ie/jason-jenkins-lein ... 9-Jan2022/

P.S. this is not a dig at Leinster in any way, just pointing out the irony of it all.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: January 19th, 2022, 6:30 pm You couldn’t make this up.
This is absolutely great timing given the digs that have been made over the last few days.
Not only are Leinster looking to sign a player from the Munster squad, said player is also an NIQ.

It is very funny in fairness.

Signing a massive SA second row who is highly rated by JVG from Munster to replace a local Leinster second row!

You literally couldn't script it!

My hope is that Jenkins won't be written off at Leinster by those who are too blinded by bias to give him a chance. But that's happening already.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

When you're explaining, you're losing.

https://www.the42.ie/stephen-larkham-mu ... 6-Jan2022/
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: January 19th, 2022, 6:33 pm

Signing a massive SA second row who is highly rated by JVG from Munster to replace a local Leinster second row!

My hope is that Jenkins won't be written off at Leinster by those who are too blinded by bias to give him a chance. But that's happening already.
Imo he is a good signing for Leinster, and I am sorry to see him go.
He is the type of player that will strengthen the Leinster squad and offers some much needed bulk.

However, I did think that Leinster would have looked to sign a higher calibre of player.
I wonder if he is one of 2 signings??
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

P.S. this is not a dig at Leinster in any way, just pointing out the irony of it all.
I don't get why people get so upset when Munster and Leinster sign NIQ players. They are and will hopefully continue to be an integral part of the game here. The only thing with the Jenkins signing at the time was that Munster already had Snyman, so I can see why people were a bit upset over that, we don't have particularly great depth at 2nd row in Ireland. We can see that with Treadwell getting called up to the six nations squad.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Keith wrote: January 19th, 2022, 6:56 pmI don't get why people get so upset when Munster and Leinster sign NIQ players. They are and will hopefully continue to be an integral part of the game here. The only thing with the Jenkins signing at the time was that Munster already had Snyman, so I can see why people were a bit upset over that, we don't have particularly great depth at 2nd row in Ireland. We can see that with Treadwell getting called up to the six nations squad.
A bit unfair on Treadwell. He has been very good recently.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Morf wrote: January 19th, 2022, 11:36 pm
Keith wrote: January 19th, 2022, 6:56 pmI don't get why people get so upset when Munster and Leinster sign NIQ players. They are and will hopefully continue to be an integral part of the game here. The only thing with the Jenkins signing at the time was that Munster already had Snyman, so I can see why people were a bit upset over that, we don't have particularly great depth at 2nd row in Ireland. We can see that with Treadwell getting called up to the six nations squad.
I've rated Treadwell since his u20s days but he is just short of that international quality.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote: January 19th, 2022, 6:33 pm

Looking at the other side of the coin
JVG hasn't shown any great talent for talent spotting.
He's probably also limited to how many players he can take with him.
Furthermore JVG has shown no appetite for development or improvement of players.
This won't be the case in Leinster for JJ.
Whatever his ceiling he'll achieve it with Leinster.
Leinster as main suppliers of players to the national team are probably the one province that needs NIQ signings.
At this point in time, I'm in the let's wait and see camp.
A view that I suggest most Leinster fans share.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Keith wrote: January 20th, 2022, 7:35 am
Morf wrote: January 19th, 2022, 11:36 pm
I've rated Treadwell since his u20s days but he is just short of that international quality.
I would say consistency rather than his ceiling but I get what you're saying.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Prendergast essentially saying that he won’t be taking the role.
Hopefully he is just deflecting the attention so as cause any distractions.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1274926/?fbclid= ... pNVVdU1SgM
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 8:15 pm Prendergast essentially saying that he won’t be taking the role.

Just after Lenihan saying he was nailed on. I'm sure there's no smoke without fire but who knows. Maybe Prendergast was thinking about it and has come to a decision. He said no multiple times but it was a sheepish sounding no. If you know what I mean. That might be me wishful thinking.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

dropkick wrote: January 20th, 2022, 8:35 pm
munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 8:15 pm Prendergast essentially saying that he won’t be taking the role.

I am still hoping that he is just saying no in public.
Mike would be a great addition to the coaching staff.
As a player he spent time in France, and as a coach he has worked with a few clubs, so comes with good experience.

Just after Lenihan saying he was nailed on. I'm sure there's no smoke without fire but who knows. Maybe Prendergast was thinking about it and has come to a decision. He said no multiple times but it was a sheepish sounding no. If you know what I mean. That might be me wishful thinking.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

As a player he spent time in France, and as a coach he has worked with a few clubs, so comes with good experience.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Also hearing that Munster are in the market for both an experienced Hooker and a Tighthead.

If they can sign 2 stong scrummaging mobile options in those positions, along with Fekitoa, Munster will have a very solid squad.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 8:40 pm

He was never taking the poisoned chalice except in fanboys heads
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 8:43 pm Also hearing that Munster are in the market for both an experienced Hooker and a Tighthead.

If they can sign 2 stong scrummaging mobile options in those positions, along with Fekitoa, Munster will have a very solid squad.
They were supposed to have a solid squad this year and the year before.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

deco wrote: January 20th, 2022, 10:09 pm
munster#1 wrote: January 20th, 2022, 8:43 pm Also hearing that Munster are in the market for both an experienced Hooker and a Tighthead.

They were supposed to have a solid squad this year and the year before.
Yup, and next year, and the year after, and the year after that, and so on and so on.