Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster Rugby 2021/2022 - Search for the Holy Grail

Post by Morf »

Schumi wrote: May 8th, 2022, 5:55 pm
ronk wrote: May 8th, 2022, 5:53 pm It's an extraordinary coincidence though that Quins and the last penalty shoot out happened in 2009.
Sounds like good omens for this year!
Cardiff losing to Leicester wasn't it?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

if I remember correctly it was Martyn Williams who missed the critical kick for Cardiff, I just assumed he’d be able to kick the ball, turned out he wasn’t really
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

blockhead wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:30 pm First time since 2010 that Munster played a Heino game in the month of May. :clap:
I'd say they're fans of the new format so!
Dont Panic!
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Oldschoolsocks

if I remember correctly it was Martyn Williams who missed the critical kick for Cardiff, I just assumed he’d be able to kick the ball, turned out he wasn’t really
Me too. The worst of it was he had a tremendous game as well. Really felt for him and the team.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

sunshiner1 wrote: May 9th, 2022, 12:09 pm
by Oldschoolsocks

Me too. The worst of it was he had a tremendous game as well. Really felt for him and the team.
Everyone did. So much so that they changed the rules to stop it happening again.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Poor oul Munster fans. Desperatley hoping that next weekends attendance is lower than last weeks so they can have something, anything over us. :lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

blockhead wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:29 am Poor oul Munster fans. Desperatley hoping that next weekends attendance is lower than last weeks so they can have something, anything over us. :lol:
It is absolutely tragic.

All the shite that TRK goes on with around Leinster fans being obsessed with Munster fans.

Yet on the days after one of Munster's biggest performances of recent years there's loads of their fans in uproar over IRFU posting a notice of SF tickets going on sale, which the Leinster PR manager has confirmed is common practice for an ECPR gig.

Serious persecution complex.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

wixfjord wrote:
blockhead wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:29 am Poor oul Munster fans. Desperatley hoping that next weekends attendance is lower than last weeks so they can have something, anything over us. Image
It is absolutely tragic.

All the shite that TRK goes on with around Leinster fans being obsessed with Munster fans.

Yet on the days after one of Munster's biggest performances of recent years there's loads of their fans in uproar over IRFU posting a notice of SF tickets going on sale, which the Leinster PR manager has confirmed is common practice for an ECPR gig.

Inferiority complex

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

wixfjord wrote: May 10th, 2022, 9:30 am
blockhead wrote: May 10th, 2022, 8:29 am Poor oul Munster fans. Desperatley hoping that next weekends attendance is lower than last weeks so they can have something, anything over us. :lol:
It is absolutely tragic.

Think you just have to ignore all that. In my opinion we (myself included) spent way too much time worrying about what Munster fans thought of us. They were excellent last weekend, they should focus on that and we should focus on filling the Aviva next weekend.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Flash Gordon wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:36 am
It is absolutely tragic.

Think you just have to ignore all that. In my opinion we (myself included) spent way too much time worrying about what Munster fans thought of us. They were excellent last weekend, they should focus on that and we should focus on filling the Aviva next weekend.
Jaysus I'm not worrying, I'm just bemused!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:45 am
Flash Gordon wrote: May 10th, 2022, 11:36 am

It is absolutely tragic.

Jaysus I'm not worrying, I'm just bemused!
And clearly, by my smilie, I'm laughing my face off.
Here it is again :lol:
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

I think we are all bit guilty of peering over the fence to see how the neighbours are doing, but our only concern should be ourselves.
I do find it odd, how the media perpetually harp on about Munster, but I suppose to the casual fan they are the bigger news story, outside of people involved in clubs/school in Leinster we are often viewed as well... you know how we are viewed.

This is my new out look re Munster fans giving us chyte and the media over looking us :lol:

We'll let our trophy cabinet do the talking
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

RoboProp wrote: May 10th, 2022, 1:46 pm I think we are all bit guilty of peering over the fence to see how the neighbours are doing, but our only concern should be ourselves.
I do find it odd, how the media perpetually harp on about Munster, but I suppose to the casual fan they are the bigger news story, outside of people involved in clubs/school in Leinster we are often viewed as well... you know how we are viewed.

This is my new out look re Munster fans giving us chyte and the media over looking us :lol:

We'll let our trophy cabinet do the talking
Lot more interest in Leinster from the casual fan. As we all know, Irish sports fans love a good bandwagon and we' been (recently) the most successful team in Ireland. I honestly couldn't care less what anyone thinks of us and in my experience following the team around Europe, most opposition teams respect us wherever we go and that respect has been hard earned given the journey to our first European Cup.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Andi Kyriacou will join Graham Rowntree’s coaching team as Forwards Coach from the beginning of the 2022/23 season after signing a two-year deal with the province
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Listened to The Molecast and find myself in the unusual position of disagreeing with the lads on a number of issues. They were of the opinion that both Farrell and DDA played well whereas I thought that they both did one or two good things but were generally poor. They also commented that Carbery was good. I didn't see it. He didn't control the game and when the time came to slot a drop goal I'd have expected the 30 plus cap Irish international to step up, not the younger lad.

I agree on the Munster back row, they were absolutely superb as was Haley who has had a great season and if form was the basis for selection then he'd be heading for NZ even at the expense of Lowry.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I thought the Munster midfield was poor too, a good break by Farrell for the try but I can't remember much else and they were destroyed defensively. I think going toe to toe with Toulouse has skewed some people's perceptions of the performance, the reality is that turnovers and poor discipline were what kept them in the game for the most part. I commend them on that, they fought for everything and had some outstanding performances up front, but the idea that they're back is so wide of the mark. They've had some really encouraging performances recently and there are some great young prospects, but realistically their attack is still pretty average (some of the back moves on Saturday were incredibly poor) and the main improvement is to do with being hard to beat. I do wonder how much their improvement in attack has to do with teams not being prepared for it as well, it'll be interesting to see if teams are ready for it over the next while.

I don't agree with the idea that Joey should have stepped up for the kicking though. Healy is a brilliant kicker, just had a bad day. The long kick was a good strike and drop goal was close, I certainly didn't look at those kicks and think he'd be in trouble in the shoot out. As it turned out he did seem rattled but Joey had missed easy kicks during the game too so I still think it was the right call.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Munster COO Philip Quinn:
“It wasn’t a financial decision, it was a case of let’s try and get as many people into the ground as possible. So we came up with an offer of €20 for the ticket price, €10 for the bus and that €30 was in line with the price of what a ticket would have been in Thomond
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

blockhead wrote: May 12th, 2022, 3:54 pm Munster COO Philip Quinn:
“It wasn’t a financial decision, it was a case of let’s try and get as many people into the ground as possible. So we came up with an offer of €20 for the ticket price, €10 for the bus and that €30 was in line with the price of what a ticket would have been in Thomond
Fantastic investment in their future. Well done the Munster branch. A few young lads have come through and were on display on Saturday to get a new generation of fans. Future is bright.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 12th, 2022, 3:16 pm I thought the Munster midfield was poor too, a good break by Farrell for the try but I can't remember much else and they were destroyed defensively. I think going toe to toe with Toulouse has skewed some people's perceptions of the performance, the reality is that turnovers and poor discipline were what kept them in the game for the most part. I commend them on that, they fought for everything and had some outstanding performances up front, but the idea that they're back is so wide of the mark. They've had some really encouraging performances recently and there are some great young prospects, but realistically their attack is still pretty average (some of the back moves on Saturday were incredibly poor) and the main improvement is to do with being hard to beat. I do wonder how much their improvement in attack has to do with teams not being prepared for it as well, it'll be interesting to see if teams are ready for it over the next while.

I don't agree with the idea that Joey should have stepped up for the kicking though. Healy is a brilliant kicker, just had a bad day. The long kick was a good strike and drop goal was close, I certainly didn't look at those kicks and think he'd be in trouble in the shoot out. As it turned out he did seem rattled but Joey had missed easy kicks during the game too so I still think it was the right call.
I suppose to use a comparison. If we had Ross and Harry on the pitch at the end of a game and needed to kick a dg then I'd expect Ross to step up in front of Harry.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

the spoofer wrote: May 12th, 2022, 4:47 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 12th, 2022, 3:16 pm I thought the Munster midfield was poor too, a good break by Farrell for the try but I can't remember much else and they were destroyed defensively. I think going toe to toe with Toulouse has skewed some people's perceptions of the performance, the reality is that turnovers and poor discipline were what kept them in the game for the most part. I commend them on that, they fought for everything and had some outstanding performances up front, but the idea that they're back is so wide of the mark. They've had some really encouraging performances recently and there are some great young prospects, but realistically their attack is still pretty average (some of the back moves on Saturday were incredibly poor) and the main improvement is to do with being hard to beat. I do wonder how much their improvement in attack has to do with teams not being prepared for it as well, it'll be interesting to see if teams are ready for it over the next while.

I suppose to use a comparison. If we had Ross and Harry on the pitch at the end of a game and needed to kick a dg then I'd expect Ross to step up in front of Harry.
Maybe, but Cadbury is no Ross Byrne
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ