Jack Regan and Will Hickey

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Jack Regan and Will Hickey

Post by JB1973 »

We (the ospreys) have signed these two young lads, hopefully Ruddock has the inside track on these guys and they can be a big success

Does anyone know much about them and how good (or otherwise) they are ?

Any others we could/should be looking at?
concfc55
Beginner

Re: Jack Regan and Will Hickey

Post by concfc55 »

JB1973 wrote:We (the ospreys) have signed these two young lads, hopefully Ruddock has the inside track on these guys and they can be a big success

Does anyone know much about them and how good (or otherwise) they are ?

Any others we could/should be looking at?
I’m far from an expert but I’ll tell you what I’ve heard on the matter as no one else has yet.

Hickey was a fairly good player and had a decent reputation coming out of school and it was surprising that he didn’t make the academy. However he’s never played any senior rugby so it’s hard to accurately say how good he is.

I can’t really speak much about Regan, you’d be better off asking Highlanders fans but I’ve heard that he played quite well in NZ. I’d imagine the Irish system will keep an eye on him the way they did when Tadhg Beirne was playing for the Scarlets.

I don’t have any particular names but every year there are talented players missing out on the Leinster academy given the talent in the province. Usually they go to other provinces but I’m sure the Ospreys could try to sign some of them.

Someone who knows more on the subject might have something else to say but hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Jack Regan and Will Hickey

Post by JB1973 »

that's great thanks, the new Tadhg Beirne for a few seasons would be very handy :)