Law Changes

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Fireworks
Mullet

Law Changes

Post by Fireworks »

I could not find another topic discussing current or possible changes.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Law Changes

Post by Dave Cahill »

I have Bumbleflex
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Good point we'll made. I will crawl back under my rock and order some glasses.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

However all of those are specific and I was thinking generally. So here goes....

I was thinking about the time suck that penalties and other stoppages cause and was thinking if we need to look at the clock being stopped more often. One of the HC quarter finals had no tries and lots of penalties. If all the allowed time for the kicks was taken the over 30min of the game was lost.

I would suggest only allowing 60sec for kicks and stop the clock for the duration.

This could have an additional benefit of rewarding the fitter teams as opposed to the monsters.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Fireworks wrote: April 28th, 2021, 3:18 pm However all of those are specific and I was thinking generally. So here goes....

I was thinking about the time suck that penalties and other stoppages cause and was thinking if we need to look at the clock being stopped more often. One of the HC quarter finals had no tries and lots of penalties. If all the allowed time for the kicks was taken the over 30min of the game was lost.

I would suggest only allowing 60sec for kicks and stop the clock for the duration.

This could have an additional benefit of rewarding the fitter teams as opposed to the monsters.
Stop the clock for all the messing around before scrums in the last 10 mins would do me fine.
Dont Panic!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Munster Fans have already stopped the clocks in 2008,

Don’t worry folks, I’m here all week
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

If you stop the clock, shorten the game
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Might go well with allowing the ref to add a little time back to the clock for deliberate slow play and messing at scrums. Don't think I would shorten the games.