Super rugby AU 2021.

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Super rugby AU 2021.

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Brumbies and reds gave great advert for Aussie rugby this morning on world rugby tv.

Rest of the teams have a bit to go but these two have some fair players.

Rule changes very interesting too. Rob Kearney nailed a 50-22 yesterday and the winning try here was scored on a grubber kick with 2 minutes left. On no advantage. You’d be unlikely to see that up here under current rules. Rules down there (I think) say if defensive team had grounded it though it would’ve been a goal line drop out.

It’s sped up a bit too. But the main thing, for me, is the emphasis on refereeing. Team in possession is definitely given the benefit of the doubt here mostly. I’m happy with that as long as they are trying to play. If they start zig zagging and sand bagging, then the emphasis quickly should switch to bring harsh on team in possession.

Worth considering as the trend up here is for most teams to trust the crush from within 10 metres of the line really.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Super rugby AU 2021.

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Not exactly SR but it is down under. Its also Rugby League but one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on any Rugby pitch :D

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1484708023171960839
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Super rugby AU 2021.

Post by hugonaut »

LeinsterLeader wrote: January 24th, 2022, 5:21 pm Not exactly SR but it is down under. Its also Rugby League but one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on any Rugby pitch :D

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1484708023171960839
"Ladies and gentlemen, rugby league is the greatest sport in the world, and you've just seen why!"