Pro 14 Team of the week

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Pro 14 Team of the week

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Andy Friend gave a strong endorsement to Alex Wootam for inclusion in the Irish 6N Squad after his two try performance against Cardiff. Who else produced real form this weekend. (Irish qualified Players only selected in position they played this weekend)

15. M. Lowry
14. A. Wootam
13. J. Hume
12. R. Byrne
11. C. Kelleher
10. J. Carty
9. J. Cooney

1. J. Cronin
2. N. Scannell
3. F Bealham
4. B. Holland
5. U. Dillane
6. J. Butler
7. S. Penny
8. J. Conan

Lots of familiar names and no doubt opinions will vary. Closest calls for me were Cooney or McGrath and Butler or Murphy
D4surfer
Mullet

Re: Pro 14 Team of the week

Post by D4surfer »

Ruckedtobits wrote: February 21st, 2021, 7:59 am Andy Friend gave a strong endorsement to Alex Wootam for inclusion in the Irish 6N Squad after his two try performance against Cardiff. Who else produced real form this weekend. (Irish qualified Players only selected in position they played this weekend)

15. M. Lowry
14. A. Wootam
13. J. Hume
12. R. Byrne
11. C. Kelleher
10. J. Carty
9. J. Cooney

1. J. Cronin
2. N. Scannell
3. F Bealham
4. B. Holland
5. U. Dillane
6. J. Butler
7. S. Penny
8. J. Conan

Lots of familiar names and no doubt opinions will vary. Closest calls for me were Cooney or McGrath and Butler or Murphy
Madigan had a cracking game for Ulster.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

He did indeed. Coney didn’t enhance his reputation at all in the first half. Frustrating with tv and Covid that games are on at same time!
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Whose team of the week is that? While I didn’t watch the Ulster or Connacht games, I’m surprised to see Ross Byrne in there as the pick of the 12s over McCloskey and Aki. He was far from a stand out in the Dragons game.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Serb wrote: February 21st, 2021, 12:19 pm Whose team of the week is that? While I didn’t watch the Ulster or Connacht games, I’m surprised to see Ross Byrne in there as the pick of the 12s over McCloskey and Aki. He was far from a stand out in the Dragons game.
All the hallmarks of a 42 team, designed for clickbait.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Serb wrote: February 21st, 2021, 12:19 pm Whose team of the week is that? While I didn’t watch the Ulster or Connacht games, I’m surprised to see Ross Byrne in there as the pick of the 12s over McCloskey and Aki. He was far from a stand out in the Dragons game.
I must have watched a different Connacht game. Carty was probably the worst of their backs. Porch continues to look a class act.