Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by ronk »

blockhead wrote: March 5th, 2021, 10:34 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 5th, 2021, 10:06 pm
Keith wrote: March 5th, 2021, 9:31 pm
Fineen Wycherley too. Don't understand the hype around this guy at all.
Ragdolling sexton
Well, it was the only time they beat us in the last 5 years.
Expect a Play about it soon enough.
There was a bigger white whale: A Munster outhalf competing to start for Ireland. He did the first part and took Sexton out but Carbery didn’t stay fit anyway.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

So many negative comments on the game, and none applauding Connacht for their performance.

Connacht were extremely good last night, and to assume that it was going to be anything other than a close encounter would be very disrespectful to haw far Connacht have come.

Thornbury was rightly given motm despite the result, he was brilliant in the lineout and breakdown which really killed Munster’s attack, and kept them living off of scraps.

However, I would also like to congratulate Haley on yet another top class performance, he was dangerous nearly every time he touched the ball, and his try will surely be a contender for try of the season.

What has impressed me most about this Munster team over the season is their calmness.
That game was Connachts final and they played as if their lives depended on it, they threw everything at Munster.
However, Munster just calmly absorbed the pressure with a sense of belief that all they had to do was stick to the game plan and they would win.

Munster of a few seasons ago would have lost that game, as they would have panicked and made stupid decisions.

This was a largely second choice Munster team out, so hopefully when the cavalry arrives Munster can improve.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

munster#1 wrote: March 6th, 2021, 9:58 am So many negative comments on the game, and none applauding Connacht for their performance.

Connacht were extremely good last night, and to assume that it was going to be anything other than a close encounter would be very disrespectful to haw far Connacht have come.

Thornbury was rightly given motm despite the result, he was brilliant in the lineout and breakdown which really killed Munster’s attack, and kept them living off of scraps.

However, I would also like to congratulate Haley on yet another top class performance, he was dangerous nearly every time he touched the ball, and his try will surely be a contender for try of the season.

What has impressed me most about this Munster team over the season is their calmness.
That game was Connachts final and they played as if their lives depended on it, they threw everything at Munster.
However, Munster just calmly absorbed the pressure with a sense of belief that all they had to do was stick to the game plan and they would win.

Munster of a few seasons ago would have lost that game, as they would have panicked and made stupid decisions.

This was a largely second choice Munster team out, so hopefully when the cavalry arrives Munster can improve.
positive comments are in the Connacht thread
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

blockhead wrote: March 5th, 2021, 10:05 pm I would like to be the first to congratulate Munster on a their magnificent acheivement of reaching a final. Only their 3rd in the last decade. They were last in the Pro14 finals in 2015 and 2017, hammered both times, in Ireland, by Glasgow and Scarlets.
Although they did get there by avoiding a semi-final, and y'know what Munster are like in semis! :lol:
Anyways, I just thought that I pass on, on behalf of us all, a big well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Plucky little buggers.
I thought it was a bit pathetic the way all the Munster post game interviewees kept referring to the game as a semi-final. I get that they haven't had a good record in semis in recent years, but still...
Dont Panic!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Joke of a club?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Great week to be a Munster Fan.

Munster secure many of their big names along with 5 academy players making the step up to the senior ranks.

On top of this, Munster have secured a place in the league final with 2 games to spare, which puts them in a good position going into the HC draw for next season, along with giving them a good shot at some silverware.

Hopefully Munster can win the final, but even if they don’t, at least we are seeing clear progression.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Strong rumour that Zebo is on his way back to Munster. Contract not renewed at Racing.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

elephantman wrote: March 11th, 2021, 7:59 am Strong rumour that Zebo is on his way back to Munster. Contract not renewed at Racing.
And Munster have the finances to offer him one? :roll:
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 11th, 2021, 8:19 am
elephantman wrote: March 11th, 2021, 7:59 am Strong rumour that Zebo is on his way back to Munster. Contract not renewed at Racing.
Haha, true enough!

It seems that Gael Fickou is heading to Racing and Zebo is being let go to free up some space on the wage bill.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I'd be surprised if he came back, would really be returning with his tail between his legs though.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

That would be a great addition for Munster and Ireland.
Currently the inexperienced Keenan is the only International level full back in Ireland, so I’d say that the IRFU would be as interested in this move as Munster would be.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 11th, 2021, 8:19 am
Never mind his contract, what about the catering bill from the patisserie?
Anyone But New Zealand
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Honest question. I have seen a fair few comments on here regarding Zebo’s physical appearance.

I am not for one minute saying that I am outraged by this, but I would have thought that any respectable forum would have rules in place to prevent personal insults, especially weight related ones?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

For someone who has engaged in this exact type of on-line banter himself, I'd say Simon Zebo would be the first to roll his eyes at this attempt at faux woke trolling.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

blockhead wrote: March 11th, 2021, 11:51 am For someone who has engaged in this exact type of on-line banter himself, I'd say Simon Zebo would be the first to roll his eyes at this attempt at faux woke trolling.
I have no issue with comments like that, I just seen it and wondered.
Their frequency would suggest that there are no rules preventing such comments, I was just curious on a personal level to see what the official stance is on a forum such as this.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

:roll:
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

munster#1 wrote: March 11th, 2021, 11:14 am Honest question. I have seen a fair few comments on here regarding Zebo’s physical appearance.

I am not for one minute saying that I am outraged by this, but I would have thought that any respectable forum would have rules in place to prevent personal insults, especially weight related ones?
This can't be real :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 11th, 2021, 8:54 am I'd be surprised if he came back, would really be returning with his tail between his legs though.
How so (genuine question)? Plenty of players have played abroad and returned without it being seen as defeatist.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Joey starts a game for the first time in 14 months. Best of luck to the lad. Nick starts at 9 with Paddy on the bench.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

No Salanoa. while Leinster start at recently turned 21 year old at TH.