Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by ronk »

Did well for a while. JvG didn't like him as much as Rassie did and he missed a wedge of time with injuries.

He would have been on future international project money, i.e. expensive for a guy now down the depth chart. Makes him easy to cut.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Such a shame to see Marshall going.
He has such great ability. He’s a great carrier, great thrower and very handy at the breakdown.

For me his size was what may have held him back. The scrum appears to be a bit weaker when compared to having Scannell in there, although that is just an opinion.

Munster have performed a serious clear out over the last 3 season, and I really hope that this doesn’t mean that Munster will be significantly weaker going forward.
Munster will have to rely heavily on the recent batch of academy graduates to push on.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

On a real positive note, and I know that this isn’t new news, but Munster have announced that 9 academy players will be taking up senior contracts for next season.

Looking at the 9 names, there is some real quality in that group with J Wycherley, Ahern, Healy, Flannery, Crowley, French x2, Daly and Hodnett.

Hopefully this group of players can have long and successful professional careers.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Xanthippe wrote: May 28th, 2021, 11:53 am
Keith wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:35 pm
munster#1 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:01 pm

I think you’re looking for an issue where there is none.
I am not a 5 yr old craving attention, I just post my opinion or observations.

You are the one who took exception to a post and questioned why I would post something, rather than add to, or counter the post itself.
It's not just one post though is it, you've repeated the same point numerous times. I don't know why you're so desperate to let us all know how seriously Leinster are taking this tournament. It's more rugby, that's it and any rugby is better than none, it'll be forgotten about as soon as it's over just like the autumn nations cup. Just enjoy it for what it is.
Because then it makes Munster's eventual win all the sweeter - it'll be 'Munster snatch victory in competition Leinster were DESPERATE to win' :twisted:
This is exactly what it seemed like to me and why I highlighted it originally, fair enough if it's only said once but it's every time there is a team selection for both teams. I find it absoulety baffling to be so desperate to validate a tournament.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

hugonaut wrote: May 28th, 2021, 11:50 am Rhys Marshall leaving Munster: https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/05/28/ ... t-munster/

Always seemed like a very nice fellah, best of luck to him back in New Zealand.
Their weakest position by a mile is the front 3, apparently the answer is to let go of more front 3 players and bring in more full backs.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Keith wrote: May 28th, 2021, 2:55 pm
hugonaut wrote: May 28th, 2021, 11:50 am Rhys Marshall leaving Munster: https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2021/05/28/ ... t-munster/

Their weakest position by a mile is the front 3, apparently the answer is to let go of more front 3 players and bring in more full backs.
Peak of career lads who've been relatively out of favour and/or brittle. Easy savings now.

And sets them up to make signings if the development of the next gen stalls.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

ronk wrote: May 28th, 2021, 3:25 pm
Keith wrote: May 28th, 2021, 2:55 pm

Peak of career lads who've been relatively out of favour and/or brittle. Easy savings now.

And sets them up to make signings if the development of the next gen stalls.
Cronin is a big loss imo. I've absolutely no doubt he'll get a very good contract somewhere.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Archer has already given away two penalties and lucky not to give away another for a dirty clearout that was missed. Seriously why do they keep picking this guy instead of trying to develop someone else?

Very strange that Munster are losing considering that they’re saying goodbye to some players.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 28th, 2021, 7:58 pm Archer has already given away two penalties and lucky not to give away another for a dirty clearout that was missed. Seriously why do they keep picking this guy instead of trying to develop someone else?

Very strange that Munster are losing considering that they’re saying goodbye to some players.
Because he gets carded less than half as often as he should. He's always that bad. The presumption that refs have is that players are trying to play honestly. He lacks the fitness or ability to do that so fouls non stop. Seriously dirty player.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Must have watched la Rochelle and seen how a far superior maul still wins games when you have no back line moves.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:17 pm Must have watched la Rochelle and seen how a far superior maul still wins games when you have no back line moves.
It helps that Cardiff don’t seem to have ever seen a maul before :lol:
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:19 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:17 pm Must have watched la Rochelle and seen how a far superior maul still wins games when you have no back line moves.
Social distancing in training.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Or a box-kick.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Fair point. I was going wuhwhat? At one point at their maul defence.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Tbf to Munster their maul has actually been good, it’s not just down to Cardiff being so poor.

Not sure what’s happened to Cardiff, they started really well and then just seemed to collapse when they conceded that penalty near halfway after about 20 minutes.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Half time talk for Cardiff was a bollocking on maul defense.

Seriously though, I think la Rochelle will have made teams plan on focusing on mauls next term.

Keep Ball alive my hole, they slowed the game down all game.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That’s lucky...shouldn’t be any mitigation for me. Haley knows full well that the player is being tackled and the idea that that’s a proper wrap is nonsense. If you lead with the shoulder like that and connect with the head it should be red.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

He looked pretty happy with a yellow.

In unstructured play even mediocre Welsh teams look much better than good Irish ones.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Cardiff are really good ball in hand.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:52 pm That’s lucky...shouldn’t be any mitigation for me. Haley knows full well that the player is being tackled and the idea that that’s a proper wrap is nonsense. If you lead with the shoulder like that and connect with the head it should be red.
He was looking to lay a hit on a guy falling into touch. He knew the player was falling and was trying to hit him as he fell. That he subsequently gets it wrong isn't really mitigation.

Very lucky.

Cardiff shouldn't be in this game.