Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:42 am TRK: "Looking at today against Exeter, Munster are capable of catching Leinster in the next season"
I'm sure it's part of a much larger piece of writing, but I don't even understand what this means from TRK?

Because Leinster went away and beat up a better side than Munster who play a similarly attritional game it means Munster are capable of catching us?

Surely if anything that result indicate the opposite?!

What was his logic?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Gutted to hear the announcement from TOD.

While it is a completely understandable decision from both sides, he is the type of player who you want in your squad.
He has had it very rough when it comes to injuries, but seemed to come back into form nearly instantly after each of them.

He is definitely one of those players where you think what might have been.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: April 12th, 2021, 6:36 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:42 am TRK: "Looking at today against Exeter, Munster are capable of catching Leinster in the next season"
I'm sure it's part of a much larger piece of writing, but I don't even understand what this means from TRK?

Because Leinster went away and beat up a better side than Munster who play a similarly attritional game it means Munster are capable of catching us?

What was his logic?
His logic was probably to get a few more euros through his e-beggingPatron, and Munster fans won't pay for hard truths.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: April 12th, 2021, 6:54 pm

His logic was probably to get a few more euros through his e-beggingPatron, and Munster fans won't pay for hard truths.
That's a bit of a d!%khead thing to say to be honest.

No issue with content creators making money through Patron or a similar service.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote: April 12th, 2021, 6:36 pm

What was his logic?
it was a podcast, but to summarize he said once Snyman and Jenkins were in their front 5, Leinster's power advantage wouldnt be so great and Munster would more than capable of beating Leinster in that scenario.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:22 pm

No issue with content creators making money through Patron or a similar service.
Bit of a difference between content creators having a patron and mentioning it as part of, or an addendum to, their content, and having Twitter adverts targeting anyone with an interest in Irish rugby. Tie it to the content that's clearly not going to say anything that might put that revenue at risk, and even put out revisionist material to entice more subs, and it's little more than having the hat out.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Bit of a difference between content creators having a patron and mentioning it as part of, or an addendum to, their content, and having Twitter adverts targeting anyone with an interest in Irish rugby. Tie it to the content that's clearly not going to say anything that might put that revenue at risk, and even put out revisionist material to entice more subs, and it's little more than having the hat out.
Heh? Who does that?
Tie it to the content that's clearly not going to say anything that might put that revenue at risk, and even put out revisionist material to entice more subs, and it's little more than having the hat out.
It's a Munster fans website that's funded through Patreon. Like I'm not sure what you expect.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:42 pm
FLIP wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Heh? Who does that?
Tie it to the content that's clearly not going to say anything that might put that revenue at risk, and even put out revisionist material to entice more subs, and it's little more than having the hat out.
It's a Munster fans website that's funded through Patreon. Like I'm not sure what you expect.
They clearly do, because I've been targeted by them in the past.

And objectivity and some semblance of the truth, even if it is clouded by bias.
Anyone But New Zealand
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Don't give out to TRK, give out to tech advertising companies who have you labeled as ripe cattle for behavioural marketing and are charging a premium to push content you wouldn't subscribe to in a fit.

Such a shower of frauds. Literally.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:45 pm

They clearly do, because I've been targeted by them in the past.

And objectivity and some semblance of the truth, even if it is clouded by bias.
You're wrong. TRK don't do paid twitter advertising.

You might've seen a tweet from them due to the twitter algorithm showing you it. But that's not paid advertising.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

fourthirtythree wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:54 pm Don't give out to TRK, give out to tech advertising companies who have you labeled as ripe cattle for behavioural marketing and are charging a premium to push content you wouldn't subscribe to in a fit.

Again, that isn't how it works.

Twitter's algorithm shows what it thinks you may be interested in. If you tend to engage with rugby content, it will show you more rugby content.

Paid advertising is a different thing.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

wixfjord wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:58 pm
fourthirtythree wrote: April 12th, 2021, 7:54 pm Don't give out to TRK, give out to tech advertising companies who have you labeled as ripe cattle for behavioural marketing and are charging a premium to push content you wouldn't subscribe to in a fit.

Again, that isn't how it works.

Twitter's algorithm shows what it thinks you may be interested in. If you tend to engage with rugby content, it will show you more rugby content.

Paid advertising is a different thing.
Oh its how it works alright, just not here because apparently they don't pay.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

hugonaut wrote: April 12th, 2021, 5:19 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 3:59 pm career suffered at the end due to JvG's love of Cloete.
Career suffered at the end due to being old!

He had a couple of great seasons for Munster and was a genuine and hard-working player for them even when he wasn't at his best.
.Munster have depth and they tend to favour the South Africans at renewal time.
With his age and sustained run of injuries you'd have to think he was top of the list of Irish players getting cut in the current environment. Decent enough player, always liked him. He's going at a good time.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

If they didn't do paid advertising, why did the tweet in question show up as a Promoted tweet, on my feed which I have to show the latest tweets, instead of the home tweets?

I'd post a screen shot but I never thought I'd have to prove it, seeing as at the time it was an annoyance and their nonsense was kept far away from places I frequented.
Anyone But New Zealand
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

FLIP wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:20 pm If they didn't do paid advertising, why did the tweet in question show up as a Promoted tweet, on my feed which I have to show the latest tweets, instead of the home tweets?

I'd post a screen shot but I never thought I'd have to prove it, seeing as at the time it was an annoyance and their nonsense was kept far away from places I frequented.
That didn’t really happen Flip did it.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:34 pm
FLIP wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:20 pm If they didn't do paid advertising, why did the tweet in question show up as a Promoted tweet, on my feed which I have to show the latest tweets, instead of the home tweets?

That didn’t really happen Flip did it.
Think what you want for the sake of your contrary attitude. It happened.
Anyone But New Zealand
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

anyway.. to summarize he said once Snyman and Jenkins were in their front 5, Leinster's power advantage wouldnt be so great and Munster would more than capable of beating Leinster.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

They through around a lot of free credit to give a taste to companies or individuals, could be that. Although if they have a Patreon, I don't see why they wouldn't use paid promotion on Twitter (people invest in digital marketing for a reason).
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Peg Leg wrote: April 12th, 2021, 10:28 pm

They through around a lot of free credit to give a taste to companies or individuals, could be that. Although if they have a Patreon, I don't see why they wouldn't use paid promotion on Twitter (people invest in digital marketing for a reason).
Yeah, but said tweet was solely about their Patron. Hence why it was so memorable, the cheek of a promoted tweet asking me for money then looking into them and seeing another tweet saying that not agreeing with their opinions meant you didn't know anything about rugby. It could be weird incompetence where they've selected the wrong tweet and the wrong audience, but it's just weird in general, hence the e-begging jab.
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:52 pm anyway.. to summarize he said once Snyman and Jenkins were in their front 5, Leinster's power advantage wouldnt be so great and Munster would more than capable of beating Leinster.
Leinster haven’t struggled against bigger packs with powerful locks. We’ll played our share of them.

Munster should be focusing on how to beat Toulouse etc., because it hasn’t been Leinster ending Munster’s European dreams recently. That’s where the money is, that’s where the glory is.

Maybe Jenkins helps there.