Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by mildlyinterested »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 29th, 2021, 3:34 pm I notice that neither of the pieces on the release of JJ or Sweetnam say that they weren't offered contracts, which is the spin being put on it.

"Due to the challenges stemming from the Covid landscape we are not in a position to hold onto a player of JJ’s calibre, and we are sorry to see him go"

"Like JJ, we were eager to retain the services of Darren beyond the current campaign, but it hasn’t been feasible"

Now, that could be taken to mean that they weren't in a posiiton to offer them a contract or it could mean that there weren't in a position to offer them a contract comensurate with their value as they decided to spunk away that money on a second rate saffer.

I think I know what seasoned Munster watches would consider to be the more likely.
:clap: :clap:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Just getting silly now
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

To think that Toner might be pushed out but there budget for this. Wow.

Munster already have 3 signings who are recent international locks. 2 really promising young ones too.

Joke of a club.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

hugonaut wrote: March 29th, 2021, 3:21 pm https://www.the42.ie/jason-jenkins-muns ... 9-Mar2021/

Where's Deco?
A quote from the comments section.

munster rugby have paid for enough South African farm land to form their own little country.

:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :clap: :clap: :green clap: :green clap:
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Low lie the fields of Pretoria
Anyone But New Zealand
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

This signing of true, makes no real sense on the face of it.

I would much rather that some money were spent on a wrecking ball front rower.

If this true, and it is worth nothing that the 42 are nothing more than a copy and paste outfit, then I suspect than there must be something else happening in the background that we are not yet privy to.

Perhaps the IRFU have demanded that Beirne plays backrow from now on, or maybe one or more of the current crop of second rows are on the move.

No point getting too worked up just yet.

It is also worth pointing out that if Toner is not offered a contract, it is because Leo decided not to, not because the money that would have went to him has been given to Munster.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

munster#1 wrote: March 29th, 2021, 4:45 pm This signing of true, makes no real sense on the face of it.

If this true, and it is worth nothing that the 42 are nothing more than a copy and paste outfit, then I suspect than there must be something else happening in the background that we are not yet privy to.

Perhaps the IRFU have demanded that Beirne plays backrow from now on, or maybe one or more of the current crop of second rows are on the move.

It is also worth pointing out that if Toner is not offered a contract, it is because Leo decided not to, not because the money that would have went to him has been given to Munster.

That isn't remotely correct. The42 are probably the best digital sports site in the country. Murray K in particular has excellent connections.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: March 29th, 2021, 4:47 pm
munster#1 wrote: March 29th, 2021, 4:45 pm This signing of true, makes no real sense on the face of it.

That isn't remotely correct. The42 are probably the best digital sports site in the country. Murray K in particular has excellent connections.
We will have to agree to disagree here, I find that most of their content is nothing more than a copy and paste of other publish articles.

I wouldn’t be surprised if all this came from on lads tweet, as no source of this information has been referenced.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

This has Murray Kinsella's byline. I don't think it's from another site.

And yes, from yesterday a front row seems more urgent. And some coaching for your centres where the ball goes to die.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 29th, 2021, 4:57 pm This has Murray Kinsella's byline. I don't think it's from another site.

And yes, from yesterday a front row seems more urgent. And some coaching for your centres where the ball goes to die.
Looks like the Limerick leader printed an article on this an hour before the 42.
The leader quoted the tweet in relation to this signing.
The journalist for the Leader is Colm Kinsella. Any relation?

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/spor ... d-row.html
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

You're from Limerick, you must know!

I do, or have known, a fair few journalists but I don't know either of them.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This makes no sense to me unless Snyman is leaving.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 29th, 2021, 5:06 pm You're from Limerick, you must know!

I do, or have known, a fair few journalists but I don't know either of them.
How dare you. I am a proud Clare man.

No idea if they are related, could well be a coincidence.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: March 29th, 2021, 5:09 pm This makes no sense to me unless Snyman is leaving.
That’s my fear. That would be devastating.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: March 29th, 2021, 5:09 pm This makes no sense to me unless Snyman is leaving.
Talk of Snyman leaving is premature. He was dropped, that's all. He'll be back,
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Unless ther is an insurance settlement of some form associated with RG Sydman, this is the most outrageous decision facilitated by Nucifora since he was appointed and should be opposed by every Irish rugby fan.

If Munster need another very big athletic lock / 2nd Row, they should contact the Agent for Darren O'Shea (6'9", 19 st) who is currently playing gang-busters for Vannes who are top of the French ProD2 and on course for automatic promotion to the Top14.

O'Shea has started 14 out of their 17 games this season and regularly been selected by French Rugby media on the Pro D2 team of the week. At 28, he is in the prime of his rugby life and is a hard core son of Cork and Munster.

Signing a mercenary S African international second-row from a Japanese Club is the sort of behaviour expected of Montpellier or Sale not of an Irish Province with an established Academy.

Shame on you Munster and Nucifora. The very worst form of rugby development.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

good to hear on o'shea... John Madigan seemed to be going well in france too last time I checked.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 29th, 2021, 5:28 pm Unless ther is an insurance settlement of some form associated with RG Sydman, this is the most outrageous decision facilitated by Nucifora since he was appointed and should be opposed by every Irish rugby fan.

If Munster need another very big athletic lock / 2nd Row, they should contact the Agent for Darren O'Shea (6'9", 19 st) who is currently playing gang-busters for Vannes who are top of the French ProD2 and on course for automatic promotion to the Top14.

O'Shea has started 14 out of their 17 games this season and regularly been selected by French Rugby media on the Pro D2 team of the week. At 28, he is in the prime of his rugby life and is a hard core son of Cork and Munster.

Signing a mercenary S African international second-row from a Japanese Club is the sort of behaviour expected of Montpellier or Sale not of an Irish Province with an established Academy.

It's time for IRFU Vice President, Corkman Greg Barrett to use his position and profile to object to this sort of signing.

Barrett is Munster rugby aristocracy. Played centre against the All Black's for his Province in their most famous victory. Captained Cork Constitution and led the IRFU Domestic rugby Committee for a good few years. He has the status and stature to call out this wrong use of IRFU resources at a time when players and Coaches across all Provinces are being shed due to the Covid-related squeeze on finances.

THIS IS THE WRONG WAY TO WASTE VALUABLE AND SCARCE FINANCES
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ruckedtobits wrote: March 29th, 2021, 6:06 pm
Ruckedtobits wrote: March 29th, 2021, 5:28 pm Unless ther is an insurance settlement of some form associated with RG Sydman, this is the most outrageous decision facilitated by Nucifora since he was appointed and should be opposed by every Irish rugby fan.

It's time for IRFU Vice President, Corkman Greg Barrett to use his position and profile to object to this sort of signing.

Barrett is Munster rugby aristocracy. Played centre against the All Black's for his Province in their most famous victory. Captained Cork Constitution and led the IRFU Domestic rugby Committee for a good few years. He has the status and stature to call out this wrong use of IRFU resources at a time when players and Coaches across all Provinces are being shed due to the Covid-related squeeze on finances.

THIS IS THE WRONG WAY TO WASTE VALUABLE AND SCARCE FINANCES
Could be private financing, again.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Looks like a waste of private financing if that's the case.