50/22 law change

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Re: 50/22 law change

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Logorrhea wrote: ...
Fair point but all they have to do with this one is identify if the ball has been kicked, where its been kicked from, and where it went.

Agreed, but the point I’m trying to make is that one of two or three major blights of the modern game is when this offside line is not refereed.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

and you'd imagine that the rush defense will try to get even more aggressive to protect the space outside.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Logorrhea wrote:and you'd imagine that the rush defense will try to get even more aggressive to protect the space outside.
maybe, but at least there'd be time to get the ball somewhere and or do something with it
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Gatland pushing for goal line drop outs instead instead of 22 metre drop outs a la rugby league, interesting option
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

JB1973 wrote:Gatland pushing for goal line drop outs instead instead of 22 metre drop outs a la rugby league, interesting option
Is Gatland's fondness for media/profile in NH being used to push NZ rugby interests with these statements I wonder?

He must be looking to get into the frame for AB coach.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Morf wrote:
JB1973 wrote:Gatland pushing for goal line drop outs instead instead of 22 metre drop outs a la rugby league, interesting option
Is Gatland's fondness for media/profile in NH being used to push NZ rugby interests with these statements I wonder?

He must be looking to get into the frame for AB coach.

gats never puts anything out there without a reason, he wants the AB job at some stage I'm sure of that

Any news on when joe is getting back into coaching?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

JB1973 wrote:gats never puts anything out there without a reason, he wants the AB job at some stage I'm sure of that
Oh I completely agree.

It's more I'm curious if NZRU are actively encouraging it/feeding topics.