Neil Francis

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

betty swallocks
Bookworm

Re: Neil Francis

Post by betty swallocks »

I have no idea why the ST are giving this clown a pulpit. At least Quinn Roux isn't around as the subject of his misdirected bile anymore.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Well they already have David Quinn, so...
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 7:39 pm Well they already have David Quinn, so...
Brill!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 11:28 pm
neiliog93 wrote:Like it or not he's one of the few journalists in Irish rugby circles who doesn't give a toss about his relations with the players or branch and is prepared to rock the boat. Sometimes he hits the nail on the head, sometimes he's funny, sometimes he's wildly off, sometimes he's just a tosser. But he's a necessary voice.
I fail to see the necessity of a voice that says “the gays don’t play rugby because they’re too soft”. The man was a lazy sniveling coward on the rugby pitch and is now an ill informed commentator with a limited grasp of reality.
He also said in the article.
" He declared that the rugby dressing room is a homophobic place and claimed a rugby player who came out as being gay would set themselves up for abuse which ‘could take the edge from your game’."
BTW calling someone "a lazy sniveling coward" is to say the very least unacceptable language.
You need to get a grip
I don't want this forum sued, do you?

As for the article in general, didn't like the tone of it tbh but he did throw out a few figures that if accurate suggest that your sexual bias can effect your access to sporting activities. His article wasn't clear as to where the fence was and given his perceived image he might have been better advised to stick to rugby analysis, something which he can be quite informative about.
Then again we don't know what his employer or editor want.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Oldschool wrote: January 26th, 2022, 12:33 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 11:28 pm
neiliog93 wrote:Like it or not he's one of the few journalists in Irish rugby circles who doesn't give a toss about his relations with the players or branch and is prepared to rock the boat. Sometimes he hits the nail on the head, sometimes he's funny, sometimes he's wildly off, sometimes he's just a tosser. But he's a necessary voice.
I fail to see the necessity of a voice that says “the gays don’t play rugby because they’re too soft”. The man was a lazy sniveling coward on the rugby pitch and is now an ill informed commentator with a limited grasp of reality.
He also said in the article.
" He declared that the rugby dressing room is a homophobic place and claimed a rugby player who came out as being gay would set themselves up for abuse which ‘could take the edge from your game’."
BTW calling someone "a lazy sniveling coward" is to say the very least unacceptable language.
You need to get a grip
I don't want this forum sued, do you?

As for the article in general, didn't like the tone of it tbh but he did throw out a few figures that if accurate suggest that your sexual bias can effect your access to sporting activities. His article wasn't clear as to where the fence was and given his perceived image he might have been better advised to stick to rugby analysis, something which he can be quite informative about.
Then again we don't know what his employer or editor want.
Agree with the bolded part which also has the stench of kicking someone when they're down.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

A he's not down, he literally has a new job after being fired for doing a racism
B Good luck suing for that, even in Ireland
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

...after three and a half years. Now that would be lazy.
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: January 26th, 2022, 2:30 pm ...after three and a half years. Now that would be lazy.
😂😂😂
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote: January 26th, 2022, 1:24 pm A he's not down, he literally has a new job after being fired for doing a racism
B Good luck suing for that, even in Ireland
B. Wouldn't want to be the co-respondent just the same.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
lunchtime o'boulez
Beginner

Post by lunchtime o'boulez »

Having worked in NF's orbit, I can confirm he is exceptionally lazy.