IRFU Funding of the provinces

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

IRFU Funding of the provinces

Post by blockhead »

Thornley on OTB last night stated that the IRFU fund the provinces to the tune of E6M each/annum. Connacht now getting a similar amount.
Anyone know if this is accurate?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: IRFU Funding of the provinces

Post by paddyor »

Not sure, the figure I have in my head is €4m(can't remember where it came from. But how much of that is competition income generated by the provinces. Participation in the euro competitions did generate c€5m and the Pro12 would be at least €1m which brings you back to just above €4m per province from the IRFU. And AFAIK that's money from team Ireland.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

They english(or rather the EP mouthpieces in the English press) seem to think we are over and above that figure^, hence the clamour to drop the cap.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

The cap in England is misleading anyway, think it's £5.5m sterling now, but your two highest earners don;t count towards. Essentially license to add another million or so by paying two big southern hemisphere guys 500k a year.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!