Why does the devil have all the best tunes?

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Why does the devil have all the best tunes?

Post by johng »

Why are all the good games on BT?

Harlequins v Castres Olympique In our pool would like to see it.BT Sport

Sale Sharks v Munster Rugby I suppose I'd watch it, not Munster's most glamourous opposition Sky Sports

Saracens v ASM Clermont Auvergne. Could be interesting. Replay of last year's semi BT Sport

Glasgow Warriors v Bath Rugby Definitely. could be the best game of the round. BT Sport

Racing Métro 92 v Northampton Saints Meh. Maybe to see Jonny. Sky Sports

Leicester Tigers v Ulster Rugby. Defo. Could be a cracker BT Sport

Ospreys v Benetton Treviso FFS. No interest Sky Sports

Toulouse v Montpellier. No interest. Sky Sports

RC Toulon v Scarlets Probably a masacre. No interest. Sky Sports

Leinster Rugby v Wasps Obviously huge interest even though I will be at it. BT Sport

So that's 2 games of mild interest on Sky and 3 games of no interest.

BT however has 2 games of mild interest and 3 games of huge interest.

I resisted the temptation to invest in BT/Setanta

Will keep an eye on it over the rounds. I know that BT get the pick of Games involving English teams. So we have 2 in our pool.....
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: Why does the devil have all the best tunes?

Post by CiaranIrl »

johng wrote:Why are all the good games on BT?

Harlequins v Castres Olympique In our pool would like to see it.BT Sport

Sale Sharks v Munster Rugby I suppose I'd watch it, not Munster's most glamourous opposition Sky Sports

Saracens v ASM Clermont Auvergne. Could be interesting. Replay of last year's semi BT Sport

Glasgow Warriors v Bath Rugby Definitely. could be the best game of the round. BT Sport

Racing Métro 92 v Northampton Saints Meh. Maybe to see Jonny. Sky Sports

Leicester Tigers v Ulster Rugby. Defo. Could be a cracker BT Sport

Ospreys v Benetton Treviso FFS. No interest Sky Sports

Toulouse v Montpellier. No interest. Sky Sports

RC Toulon v Scarlets Probably a masacre. No interest. Sky Sports

Leinster Rugby v Wasps Obviously huge interest even though I will be at it. BT Sport

So that's 2 games of mild interest on Sky and 3 games of no interest.

BT however has 2 games of mild interest and 3 games of huge interest.

I resisted the temptation to invest in BT/Setanta

Will keep an eye on it over the rounds. I know that BT get the pick of Games involving English teams. So we have 2 in our pool.....
I feel the exact same way. I pretty much only watch the Golf Majors/Ryder Cup and Rugby on Sky. If they only get the shitter matches, I'll have to cancel it. I can't justify paying for both given how little I watch. It's a complete pain in the hole.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

IMO Munster away to an English team is always a big deal and is a marquee Euro fixture, Saints I think are in top 3 contenders for the tournament
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Think part of the problem is that there just aren't many box office/much loved teams. Not to pick on the English teams, but Saracens and Northampton are two of the best teams in the competition....and I couldn't be arsed about watching either of them. Suspect a lot of neutrals are the same.

Along with what Simon said, a team like Munster have a great reputation but aren't actually a great side anymore. I'd include ourselves in that group too.

Quins and Castres to open the competition? Be still my beating heart.

On a positive note, that's a fantastic thread title.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

CiaranIrl wrote:I pretty much only watch the Golf Majors/Ryder Cup and Rugby on Sky.
So that's golf more than I watch then.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Think part of the problem is that there just aren't many box office/much loved teams. Not to pick on the English teams, but Saracens and Northampton are two of the best teams in the competition....and I couldn't be arsed about watching either of them. Suspect a lot of neutrals are the same.

Along with what Simon said, a team like Munster have a great reputation but aren't actually a great side anymore. I'd include ourselves in that group too.

Quins and Castres to open the competition? Be still my beating heart.

On a positive note, that's a fantastic thread title.
added to Sky hype machine and Barnes's cooing Munster are a big deal

part of the problem is beyond Toulon it doesnt look like any French teams both bothered and capable
Racing want to do well but could be like previous seasons and one setback and they go back to focusing on the league
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

simonokeeffe wrote:IMO Munster away to an English team is always a big deal and is a marquee Euro fixture, Saints I think are in top 3 contenders for the tournament
Agreed. Whether we like it or not, for SKY the mystique of the HEC was built around Munster (Tolouse, Sale Glaws) and their fans.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

don't BT get all the English home games? when the reverse fixtures come out, Sky will have all the best ones i'll guess.

I have BT sports (free with internet) in fairness they do put a lot of effort into it.

3 Aviva games a weekend, fri night sat pm and sunday pm, plus two magazine shows in the week.

Craig Doyle is the anchor with Dallalgio the studio guy and ben kay and healy pitchside.

It's not as good as sky but it's getting better, hasn't BOD been signed up for the ERC games?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

If only there was a way to watch the games for nothing....
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

JB1973 wrote:don't BT get all the English home games? when the reverse fixtures come out, Sky will have all the best ones i'll guess.

I have BT sports (free with internet) in fairness they do put a lot of effort into it.

3 Aviva games a weekend, fri night sat pm and sunday pm, plus two magazine shows in the week.

Craig Doyle is the anchor with Dallalgio the studio guy and ben kay and healy pitchside.

It's not as good as sky but it's getting better, hasn't BOD been signed up for the ERC games?
I actually think the analysis is very good, but I can't stand the "that kick was ugly and short.....just like Austin!!!!", or "see that Ben? That's called a pass, you wouldn't get that because you're a forward!!!!" type rubbish. Nothing against them making jokes, but it's the same thing over and over again, nothing witty about it.

Sky's quality is diluted somewhat when they have loads of games on but in general I think their coverage is top notch.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Your thread illustrates exactly why myself and others, no foubt.would be interested in dome kind of streaming box orr sling box for the TV.
Ive heard of slingbox and streamboxtv or such like but not quite sure how it's supposed to work.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

JB1973 wrote:don't BT get all the English home games? when the reverse fixtures come out, Sky will have all the best ones i'll guess.

Craig Doyle and Austin Healy.... Oh Jaysus- any thoughts of getting BT 's package have taken a cold shower.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"