French Top 14 2014/2015

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: French Top 14 2014/2015

Post by Dexter »

VGE wrote:
Dexter wrote:
VGE wrote:Toulon was tired, don't forget that Paris did'nt play the European Cup and sended B Sides in Challenge: they have been played 8 games less than Toulon.

Au revoir.
Ah God love them... pity they don't have loads of cash to buy two international class teams. No sympathy here.
I'm sure Stade have plenty too but I'm pleased with the result.

I don't say that I am desappointed, it's just a fact.

It will be the same problem with Montferrand if we win tomorrow. And we maybe already have too much injuried players for that.

Au revoir.
Yes, sorry about the tone, I understand what you are saying. However, that is the price of success, and Toulon have hoovered up enough quality players to cover for this very problem.
Dont Panic!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Donny B. wrote:
John23 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Au revoir Toulon.

Well deserved for Stade. They've been excellent
Not that I'm complaining but I thought the ref rogered Toulon a bit.
They normally get away with murder at the breakdown, especially Armitage, so I won't weep too much for them.
Up until last week I wouldn't have known half that Stade team, but I've been hugely impressed with the likes of Burban, Danty, Pyle, Bonfils, Camara and Waisea.
Parisse, DuPuy and Steyn are an enormously experienced trio of leaders directing operations but the real killer is their scrum, with Heinke and Slimani both outstanding for two weeks running.
They've a real shot at the title next week, no matter who wins tomorrow.
Pyle did look a real prospect in an often pretty poor Rebels team for a few seasons. Say the ARU were pretty miffed to lose him.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Ah here, if Clermont lose to the worst Toulouse team I've ever seen, they really need a good kick in the hole.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Donny B. wrote:Ah here, if Clermont lose to the worst Toulouse team I've ever seen, they really need a good kick in the hole.
We do what we can with tired guys.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Fair play to Brock for the pen and a nice drop goal. Hold onto it now.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Well done Clermont....always with the drama!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Donny B. wrote:Scots try but their BP makes no odds really.
:)
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

limecat wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Scots try but their BP makes no odds really.
:)
Not me guv'nor! :?
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

So what????

Yessssssss

It is finally better when it is hard.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

VGE wrote:
That's what she said!!! :D :D :D
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Donny B. wrote:
VGE wrote:
That's what she said!!! :D :D :D
Hope she will not be frustrated next week.

Au revoir.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

:clap:
Rémy63
Bookworm

Post by Rémy63 »

VGE wrote:So what????

Yessssssss

Au revoir.
Keep it for you, but don't forget we are against the pink boys next week :lol:
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Rémy63 wrote:
VGE wrote:So what????

Yessssssss

Au revoir.
Keep it for you, but don't forget we are against the pink boys next week :lol:

I can cope with it, and even dress in pink. No fear, just hope and love.

And don't forget to draw dicks on SF's bus.

Au revoir.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Openside
Beginner

Post by Openside »

Donny B. wrote:
John23 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Au revoir Toulon.

Well deserved for Stade. They've been excellent
Not that I'm complaining but I thought the ref rogered Toulon a bit.
They normally get away with murder at the breakdown, especially Armitage, so I won't weep too much for them.
Up until last week I wouldn't have known half that Stade team, but I've been hugely impressed with the likes of Burban, Danty, Pyle, Bonfils, Camara and Waisea.
Parisse, DuPuy and Steyn are an enormously experienced trio of leaders directing operations but the real killer is their scrum, with Heinke and Slimani both outstanding for two weeks running.
They've a real shot at the title next week, no matter who wins tomorrow.
Stade beat Toulon three times this season, including a hammering at Xmas, so I can't say it was a surprise result. One highlight is the number of players that have come through the Stade system: Plisson, Danty, Arias, Burban, Flanquart, Bonfils, Slimani, Rabadan etc..and there's an even better crop coming through.

Heinke has been the catalyst for the scrum since he arrived. His work ethic, attitude and discipline has permeated the entire pack and transformed them as a unit. The lineout is also excellent and Pyle has been a revelation since he joined in the autumn: for a second row he has amazing skills. It says something for his attitude when he starts before fans favourite and yellow-card magnet Papé. (Leinster picked up the wrong Aussie methinks.)

Thankfully, Morne Steyn has remembered how to play rugby after a nightmare 18 months: two months ago he was third choice and Stade put him on the transfer list! Danty has been doing the business for three years but has matured into a key player this season. Julien Arias has played a significant role and been a real workhorse on the wing confining Digby Ioane to the margins.

TCD graduate also Scott LaValla played his part, particularly during the Six nations. following the World Cup he will put away his rugby boots and head to Parris Island N.C. He recently volunteered to become a US Marine!

I could go on.

Anawez, I'm off to the Top 14 final...
The future is pink, apparently....Allez Stade
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Cudmore out
Nakaitaci out
Davies out
Fofana out.

Au revoir.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Openside wrote:

Stade beat Toulon three times this season, including a hammering at Xmas, so I can't say it was a surprise result. One highlight is the number of players that have come through the Stade system: Plisson, Danty, Arias, Burban, Flanquart, Bonfils, Slimani, Rabadan etc..and there's an even better crop coming through.

Heinke has been the catalyst for the scrum since he arrived. His work ethic, attitude and discipline has permeated the entire pack and transformed them as a unit. The lineout is also excellent and Pyle has been a revelation since he joined in the autumn: for a second row he has amazing skills. It says something for his attitude when he starts before fans favourite and yellow-card magnet Papé. (Leinster picked up the wrong Aussie methinks.)

Thankfully, Morne Steyn has remembered how to play rugby after a nightmare 18 months: two months ago he was third choice and Stade put him on the transfer list! Danty has been doing the business for three years but has matured into a key player this season. Julien Arias has played a significant role and been a real workhorse on the wing confining Digby Ioane to the margins.

TCD graduate also Scott LaValla played his part, particularly during the Six nations. following the World Cup he will put away his rugby boots and head to Parris Island N.C. He recently volunteered to become a US Marine!

I could go on.
What an excellent piece of analysis. Absolutely spot on and clearly one who knows the Stade team and background, but also recognises that momentum is everything coming into the Top 14 final when the Brennus is at stake.

My heart says Clermont, especially for Jonno, but my head shouts Stade. A great contest in prospect.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

VGE wrote:Cudmore out
Nakaitaci out
Davies out
Fofana out.

Au revoir.
Je suis tres desole
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon