Aviva Premiership: something exciting happens

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Re: Aviva Premiership: something exciting happens

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Ruckedtobits wrote: June 5th, 2021, 8:03 pm
LeinsterLeader wrote: June 5th, 2021, 4:56 pm Anybody watching the end of the Leicester/Bristol game? :shock:

That......was ....Insane :D

Pure theatre. There could be repercussions against Lam, Afoa, Wigglesworth, Hughes, Genge.............or nobody. I started to describe what had occurred a while ago to a mate but it was too complex. You've really got to see it to get the reality of how crazy it was when the final whistle went on 90 minutes.
Absolute bananas! I tried explaining it to my son and just ended up rewinding it to the 'Yellow Card' and letting it play from there. It was even better the second time :D
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Another instance of a nonsense rule that allows losing 1 card to leave a side 2 down and that then puts huge pressure on players to play hurt or in the wrong position, usually for scrums with the most force behind them.

Uncontested scrums do less damage to the spectacle and the integrity of the competition.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote: June 5th, 2021, 9:02 pm Another instance of a nonsense rule that allows losing 1 card to leave a side 2 down and that then puts huge pressure on players to play hurt or in the wrong position, usually for scrums with the most force behind them.

Uncontested scrums do less damage to the spectacle and the integrity of the competition.
Think you’ve missed the point here ronk.

The whole issue is that Lam clearly lied about Afoa being injured. What you’ve said might be an issue at times but really don’t think it’s relevant today.

Lam tried to pull a fast one thinking that he would avoid a contested scrum and keep 14 on the field. Not only that but he tried to pressurise the ref in a way that I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. It was cheating, plain and simple.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

It was very bloodgatey. Ref and touchjudge need time have a think about how they let that win out. Really didn’t think the ball was out in the last scrum, but if in any doubt at all I’d really have been leaning against Bristol.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Yeah, you'd think Lam would have to be in trouble over his part. on what grounds though I'm not sure.

Bristol, to a man looked, very sheepish at the end!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Fan with smartphone wrote: June 5th, 2021, 9:23 pm It was very bloodgatey. Ref and touchjudge need time have a think about how they let that win out. Really didn’t think the ball was out in the last scrum, but if in any doubt at all I’d really have been leaning against Bristol.
Agree on the scrum and think they should have been expecting some kind of issue there, thought it was obvious that the tension running high meant that something was likely to happen so they should have been ready to take a breath and make sure the game was really over, but I also think they deserve credit for how they handled the Lam situation. It wasn’t easy but they made sure they got everything clear and explained it for both the teams and people watching.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Not exactly the right thread for it but Dan Kelly is in the England squad.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The cheats won the first leg away to the travel agents 0-60, so that's that then.
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Don’t they also have had to comply with the salary cap last season too or did they come in with COVID cuts.?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 13th, 2021, 9:02 pm The cheats won the first leg away to the travel agents 0-60, so that's that then.
They also won the second leg 57-15, for an aggregate score of 117-15
I have Bumbleflex
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

19-14 to Quins at H/T. Putting it up to the Chiefs. Good game.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Premiership ringfencing brought in until 2023/24 season.

Winner of 2021/22 Championship will get promoted (ground dependent). In 2022/23 season- no side will be relegated from or promoted to the new 14-team Premiership. A play-off in the 2023/24 season between the club finishing bottom of the Premiership and the winner of the Championship (ground dependent again).

Ealing favourites to be promoted in 2021/22 - would need to find a ground to play in if they got up - based in West London, plenty of football stadia available surely?

Via @chrisjonespress on twitter.
Last edited by neill_m on June 29th, 2021, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Still feels like ring fencing through the back door, shame really as I always liked the thought that anyone could have a go if they are good enough, a bit like the FA cup in soccer.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Tigers selling replicas of their old kits on their website.

That's a nice looking top. I'd love for Leinster to reissue ones from seasons gone.
Anyone But New Zealand
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Watching the Leicester v. Exeter game here, you wouldn’t think it’s the first game of the season, some really good rugby. It’s 34-12 to Leicester with a couple of minutes to go and they have played some lovely rugby but watching it as a neutral if you changed the ref I could see Exeter being ahead by about 10 points. Leicester have been allowed commit offence after offence in the red zone without much punishment, Genge has been allowed get away with murder, I’ve read his back story before and how he has felt like he gets treated differently because he’s come through a different pathway than most rugby players he’s certainly being treated differently in this match it’s like he’s invisible when it comes to his misdemeanours it was infuriating the Exeter players as well going by their communication with the ref. All over now 34-19, Leicester on the way back under Borthwick perhaps.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I know that song! It's the one where the disgraced former dictator is vice president isn't it?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Sarries beat Bath 17-71 in the Rec - joke of a league?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:28 am Sarries beat Bath 17-71 in the Rec - joke of a league?
Yes Dara
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Northampton 66 Worcester 10
Look out Itchy, he's Irish