Aviva Premiership: something exciting happens

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Aviva Premiership: something exciting happens

Post by fourthirtythree »

ronk wrote: June 13th, 2022, 11:24 am Owen Farrell wants rugby to be safe, but...

Well I want rugby to be safe, and I hope he gets banned enough that he finally plays right. Utterly repellent.

https://www.the42.ie/owen-farrell-3-5789127-Jun2022/
I believe he was taking a battering all day but the one, very clear, incident I saw was him punching someone in the face.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... th_on_the/
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Jones wasn't going to let the disciplinary committee ban his captain, so no citing, even though the touch judge actually stepped in to tell Farrell to stop it. Saracens have some hold on the RFU it would seem, they can do whatever they want, 3 yellow cards, most of which would have been red if any other badge was on the shirt of the miscreants.
However, we are good enough to beat them, but we will need to play for the full 80 not just the last quarter, we don't want to be chasing the game as happened when you guys visited.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Good luck. I hope you get a bigger win than the Gloucester game on the 4th June.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

tigerburnie wrote: June 13th, 2022, 2:38 pm Jones wasn't going to let the disciplinary committee ban his captain, so no citing, even though the touch judge actually stepped in to tell Farrell to stop it. Saracens have some hold on the RFU it would seem, they can do whatever they want, 3 yellow cards, most of which would have been red if any other badge was on the shirt of the miscreants.
However, we are good enough to beat them, but we will need to play for the full 80 not just the last quarter, we don't want to be chasing the game as happened when you guys visited.
Best of luck, TB. Put some manners on them orcs, for God's sake!!!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

tigerburnie wrote: June 13th, 2022, 2:38 pm Jones wasn't going to let the disciplinary committee ban his captain, so no citing, even though the touch judge actually stepped in to tell Farrell to stop it. Saracens have some hold on the RFU it would seem, they can do whatever they want, 3 yellow cards, most of which would have been red if any other badge was on the shirt of the miscreants.
It's like back in the bad old days here when there wouldn't be any citings from interpro matches. It was bad for the game and we used to have fighting foul fests with no danger of a game breaking out. I guess that this will eventually happen in England too as the players become accustomed to this and take advantage of the leeway regularly.

Best of luck in the final. It's a bit of a fairytale turnaround for Tigers to get there. The neutrals will all be not neutral!
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Thanks, I don't Farrell will be picking on Ellis Genge or Jasper Weise in a rush
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Best of luck in the final. I think it's safe to say we're all 100% behind Tigers for this one.
Hope you batter that bunch of d**ks.
Dont Panic!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

C’mon Leicester
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Salary Cap transparency.
Premiership: Fly-halves the highest paid players in 2020-21, report shows
By Chris JonesBBC rugby union correspondent

Fly-halves were the highest paid players in last season's Premiership, with hookers paid lowest on average.

Premiership Rugby has released a report into player salaries for the 2020-2021 season in a bid to improve transparency, following the Saracens salary cap scandal.

The report shows number 10s were on average paid £175,000 a year, with hookers earning about £113,000.

The average player income last season was a little under £144,000 a year.

While the salary cap last season was £6.4m per club, this figure has come down to £5m for the next few years "as a necessity for Covid recovery", according to Premiership Rugby.

The highest paid forwards in 2020-2021 were second rows, at an average of £158,600, while scrum-halves were the lowest paid backs on an average of just under £118,000.

"It's broadly similar [to previous years]," said the salary cap director Andrew Rogers.

"There has been a change in supply and demand particularly around scrum-halves, we have seen over the last five years that has changed quite a lot.

"But full-backs and fly-halves have normally been the highest-paid backs, with locks and props there or thereabouts."

The average salary for fly-halves was bumped up by 13% of number 10s being paid more than £400,000, but not a single winger or hooker was paid more than £350,000.

'Report an important step'

Following the Saracens scandal, which led to the club being relegated into the second-tier Championship, a comprehensive review into the salary cap was conducted by the former government minister Lord Myners.

This led to increased powers for the salary cap director, as well as an emphasis on greater openness, with all clubs subjected to an annual audit and the 2021 Premiership champions Harlequins subjected to an extended audit of their accounts to ensure salary cap compliance.

The winners of Saturday's final between Saracens and Leicester will also be required to open their books for a forensic investigation.

"The publication of this report is a really important step in terms of transparency and declaring more about what goes on with the salary cap," explained Premiership Rugby chief executive Simon Massie-Taylor.

"The aim is to give everyone greater confidence in the system, particularly with this new extended audit, which we have done for the first time with Harlequins," added Rogers.

"The winner this year will undergo an extensive audit when we do a forensic assessment of the club through emails, telephone records, bank statements and tax returns."

Rogers hopes that the new regulations will ensure there won't be a repeat of the Saracens situation, which threatened to undermine the integrity of the whole salary cap concept.

"There was a frustration [in the past] that we knew what was going on but couldn't always prove it," added Rogers.

"We are now able to do a far more extensive process, which is very positive."
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

blockhead wrote: June 16th, 2022, 6:41 am
The average salary for fly-halves was bumped up by 13% of number 10s being paid more than £400,000, but not a single winger or hooker was paid more than £350,000.
13% is about 1 in 8. If there are 3 outhalves at each of 13 clubs then there's about 5 outhalves in that price bracket.

Sounds about right.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

There might be a few hookers a little slower to help defend the 10 channel next year

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

That report has blown a few myths apart, almost interesting lol.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

paddyor wrote: June 16th, 2022, 6:28 pm Meanwhile at Saracens

https://www.ruck.co.uk/ridiculous-the-w ... -saracens/
I think that's fair enough, he didn't really want to move unless it was stupid money. The French didn't want to pay stupid money so he stayed. No harm in fishing for a sucker.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Yeah, he had property investments to worry about too
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Remember we should all be like the teams in the Premiership.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cov ... e-61827414

"Wasps ask for millions of pounds of public money"

"Rugby club Wasps have asked for millions of pounds of public money as financial strain builds on their stadium business.

The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) is considering a funding application for about £13m, the BBC has learned.

The authority stated "any formal submission for decision has not been reached".

Wasps have not yet commented on why an application for money has been made.

The rugby club has delayed repaying bondholders, who invested at least £2,000 each, to help it raise £35m in April 2015."

More in the link above.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Gossip has been circulating for years about Wasps finances being close to failure, no surprise here, cannot believe a cash strapped local council will have any to spare, this could be interesting over the summer.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Nearly a decade without a title, must be a bit nervy tb. Best of luck tomorrow
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote: June 17th, 2022, 3:19 pm Nearly a decade without a title, must be a bit nervy tb. Best of luck tomorrow
Yep, don't let those imperial stormtroopers win - may the force be with you!
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ford off with injury.

Another yellow for sarries for high tackle.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles