Welsh Rugby 2013/2014

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Welsh Rugby 2013/2014

Post by ronk »

It's advice where I'm sharing some insight into why Leinster are doing well off the pitch. No disrespect intended.

The point I was making was about relative prices. £20 is a lot for a standard adult ticket when a season ticket for an adult can be had for £99. Individual tickets are too expensive and discounts are extremely uneven.

1/2 price for early renewal for premium seats. This is a huge discount to people who could just get cheaper seats, they're already getting cheaper than the early bird price for new members.

I'd love if prices were that cheap across the board here. But I also know that when I bring friends or my girlfriend to a game that I get a decent discount and they paid a decent price. They'd flip if it was 3 times the price for the same ticket.

£50 for a premium seat for a kid for a year, £20 to bring them to 1 game!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:I'd wager the average salary of a leinster fan is a lot higher than that of an Osprey fan that has to be taken into account as well.

No disrespect meant but it's no one else's business but our own what we charge for season tickets.

I just want to see decent gates and local youngsters watching the team every other week during the season. Good luck to you if you can charge more and people are willing to pay it. We are not in that privileged position so we have to cut our cloth accordingly .

I really can't see how that is devaluing the league in any way shape or form, surely the more people at the game is actually the better for the league?
the peasants are revolting :P
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

StrangeButBlue wrote:
JB1973 wrote:I'd wager the average salary of a leinster fan is a lot higher than that of an Osprey fan that has to be taken into account as well.

No disrespect meant but it's no one else's business but our own what we charge for season tickets.

I just want to see decent gates and local youngsters watching the team every other week during the season. Good luck to you if you can charge more and people are willing to pay it. We are not in that privileged position so we have to cut our cloth accordingly .

I really can't see how that is devaluing the league in any way shape or form, surely the more people at the game is actually the better for the league?
+1
We have to assume that Ospreys management look at which offers brought in the numbers and cash and which didn't. It is pointless to judge from a distance whether it is getting them what they are looking for (numbers or cash or both).

I guess you could use that argument about a lot of things (like seletion) now that I think about it

JB - how does Swansea in the premiership and cardiff getting relegated impact the rugby?

the football certianly hasnt helped, its all over the papers, even the local press and tv every day!

It's far more attractive for youngsters and floating fans to want to see swans vs man untd or liverpool than ospreys vs connacht or treviso etc

Throw into the mix every pub/club has been showing the games live all over south wales and less and less people are going to watch rugby from grass roots to the regional sides

Allied to our best players leaving, internal rows and our sides getting worse year on year and you have the perfect s:it storm to reduce attendances

I really wonder how much longer the current set up can continue
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Hopefully the wheel will turn soon JB. We need the welsh teams to be competitive in my view.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

possible vs proables match is on here are the squads, Gav is back! :D

Probables Squad:

Forwards:
Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Owen Evans (Dragons), Rhys Gill (Saracens), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys) (Captain), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Ryan Jones (Bristol), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets), Josh Navidi (Blues), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro), Taulupe Faletau (Dragons).

Backs:

Rhodri Williams (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Sam Davies (Ospreys), Jon Davies (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), Gavin Henson (Bath), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton), Hallam Amos (Dragons), Liam Williams (Scarlets).

Possibles Squad:

Forwards:

Paul James (Bath), Phil Price (Dragons), Rob Evans (Scarlets), Matthew Rees (Blues), Kristian Dacey (Blues), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Scott Andrews (Blues), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Andrew Coombs (Dragons), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Macauley Cook (Blues), Josh Turnbull (Scarlets), James Davies (Scarlets), Dan Baker (Ospreys).

Backs:

Gareth Davies (Scarlets), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Matthew Morgan (Ospreys), Harry Robinson (Blues), Owen Williams (Leicester), Steven Shingler (Scarlets), Cory Allen (Blues), Jonathan Spratt (Ospreys), Tom Prydie (Dragons), Jordan Williams (Scarlets
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

JB1973 wrote:possible vs proables match is on here are the squads, Gav is back! :D

Probables Squad:

Forwards:
Rhys Gill (Saracens), Ryan Jones (Bristol), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro),
Backs:

Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), Gavin Henson (Bath), George North (Northampton),
Possibles Squad:

Forwards:

Paul James (Bath),
Backs:

Owen Williams (Leicester),
Not only back but in the PROBABLES! :shock:

Got to be doubts on these players re play offs and RFU/PRL regs.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

I'd amazed if the English/French clubs sign off on this, ive a feeling half that squad wont even be at the game

Henson is a fave of Gatland if he stays fit hell make that summer tour
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

JB1973 wrote:I'd amazed if the English/French clubs sign off on this, ive a feeling half that squad wont even be at the game

Fake tan isn't it. Irteland toured SA in the late 90's under Gatland and after the first match against Boland Ireland were instructed to top up their tans! Made them look bigger was the reasoning...
Henson is probably the size of ROG or someit first thing in the morning... :)
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:I'd amazed if the English/French clubs sign off on this, ive a feeling half that squad wont even be at the game

Bath didnt make playoffs, Racing likely to loose away semi final which should free them up
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Great opportunity for the probables to put it up to their counterparts particularly the likes of Owen Williams and Dan Baker. Would have thought Coombs would be ahead of Jake Ball?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:

Bath didnt make playoffs, Racing likely to loose away semi final which should free them up
I'd say Gatland isn't too happy that Ryan Jones has moved to Bristol now!!
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

I'd say Gatland isn't too happy that Ryan Jones has moved to Bristol now!!
I think Gatland was like Deccie and just doesnt like having to put new numbers into his phone
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

What does Lee Byrne have to do to get selected? Also, expected Cardiff's Gareth Davies to be in one of the squads - was one of the most consistent kickers this season.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Xanthippe wrote:What does Lee Byrne have to do to get selected? Also, expected Cardiff's Gareth Davies to be in one of the squads - was one of the most consistent kickers this season.
Flashier boots could be an option! ;)
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I've no problem with clubs not releasing players who are involved in play-off games, but refusing to release players who will be finished for the season is just spite, plain and simple.

Gatland threatening not to pick English based players in future:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/27395479
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Xanthippe wrote:What does Lee Byrne have to do to get selected? Also, expected Cardiff's Gareth Davies to be in one of the squads - was one of the most consistent kickers this season.
I was told, he cut his ties with them!
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Warren Gatland. wrote:Talking about "Premier Rugby..." ".... I hope there's some goodwill in the game."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/27395479
No Warren. There isn't. Not that shower.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Remember when PRL wanted to disband the Baa Baas and replace them with the Aviva Premiership Barbarians instead?
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

JB1973 wrote:new blues head coach

any views?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... ed-7137071
Looks like they could be the number one region in the not too distant future.Some decent signings and no doubt more to come