Sky announce 4 year deal to broadcast RaboPro12

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Leoslovechild
Mullet

Re: Sky announce 4 year deal to broadcast RaboPro12

Post by Leoslovechild »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This really is great news. With uncertainty around the HC and the fact that we're obviously struggling to match the money in France, this is a very welcome shot in the arm. When you see players leaving the league, games not being televised and some fairly empty grounds (even though some teams obviously have consistently good attendances),I was beginning to worry about the future of the Rabo so this is fantastic news.
And you think having sky will help fill more grounds.
Where have you been the last thirty years?
Only 5 soccer grounds max per week are filled in UK compared to 70's and 80;s when nearly all top flight grounds were full.
Have you sen the crowds for the Aviva premiership?
Sky price the normal supporter out of the game...be afraid be very afraid....and their commentators/experts are dog muck...how long can we listen to Mark Robson.seriously
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leoslovechild wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This really is great news. With uncertainty around the HC and the fact that we're obviously struggling to match the money in France, this is a very welcome shot in the arm. When you see players leaving the league, games not being televised and some fairly empty grounds (even though some teams obviously have consistently good attendances),I was beginning to worry about the future of the Rabo so this is fantastic news.
Only 5 soccer grounds max per week are filled in UK compared to 70's and 80;s when nearly all top flight grounds were full.
Sky price the normal supporter out of the game...be afraid be very afraid....and their commentators/experts are dog muck...how long can we listen to Mark Robson.seriously
Sh1t if you hate a gem like him what do you make of Dewi Morris? :shock:

I actually like the sky lads. They know their sh1t AND how to put it across. Compare and contrast with RTE. OK Will Greenwood gets a bit carried away, but you feel his enthusiasm is mostly genuine, he is also a nice guy and has played at the highest level quite recently. I even have time for Barnsey. Dean Ryan, Scott Quinell they all know their sh1t

Any commentator will grate on you after a period of time. But when you get a gobchyte like G Hook who does zero research and fairly obviously "looks down" on the Rabo, the polar opposite of sky's hyping it up.
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

Leoslovechild wrote:how long can we listen to Mark Robson.seriously
I could listen to him all day long. I'm emigrating in a couple of weeks and he is one of the main things I am going to miss!
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rabo being on sky makes it a sexier league than it being on tg4

look at what the sky hype machine has done for darts for example
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

West Brit wrote:
I could listen to him all day long. I'm emigrating in a couple of weeks and he is one of the main things I am going to miss!
That's sad. Unless it's by choice rather than need. Are you going too far away to make it back for the odd game?
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

johng wrote:
West Brit wrote:
That's sad. Unless it's by choice rather than need. Are you going too far away to make it back for the odd game?
Thanks mate. Heading to Seattle, so it's good timing for the North American tour at least. I'll get somebody else to swear loads on the terrace to fill in for me. I've already got Fox Soccer Plus sorted to watch next season!
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Leoslovechild wrote:
For a start, thirty years ago I was still a few years away from being born.

More importantly, no I wasn't saying that at all. I was saying that I was worried about the future of the league but that the sky deal offers some security. Nothing to do with crowds growing. Whether the crowds stay the same or not, this is great for the provinces in terms of financial planning.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Assumimg BT got the HEC rights do BT broadcast in Ireland.
If not would this mean RTE or TG4 broadcasting the HEC because you know whats going to happen if this's is the case.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

West Brit wrote: Thanks mate. Heading to Seattle, so it's good timing for the North American tour at least. I'll get somebody else to swear loads on the terrace to fill in for me. I've already got Fox Soccer Plus sorted to watch next season!
Good luck with that(genuinely-not in the James Reilly sense!) :)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Oldschool wrote:Assumimg BT got the HEC rights do BT broadcast in Ireland.
If not would this mean RTE or TG4 broadcasting the HEC because you know whats going to happen if this's is the case.
BT have purchased ESPN UK and their slots on the Sky EPG
I have Bumbleflex
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Does that mean we can still watch premiership rugby on sky?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Keith wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Does that mean we can still watch premiership rugby on sky?
Potentially yes but it may be an extra payment like ESPN used to be and Setanta currently is.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Sky add 12 (8) euro to the bill for espn and then subtract it from the blil (I have Sky Sports sub) so you pay nothing for ESPN at the moment - this looks like it's about to change.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.