Ulster Thread 2012-13

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

West Brit
Mullet

Re: Ulster Thread 2012-13

Post by West Brit »

So one bloke should be in prison, one bloke is displaying moral cowardice, they retaliate too much after getting smacked in the face and one has a silly name - does anybody have anything good to say about any of the Scarlets?
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

artaneboy wrote:
dod wrote:How did he award that try.. No sign of the ball being grounded
Because he asked 'was there any reason he should not award the try?' :roll:
Have no sound on the tv so don't know what was asked :roll:
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

West Brit wrote:So one bloke should be in prison, one bloke is displaying moral cowardice, they retaliate too much after getting smacked in the face and one has a silly name - does anybody have anything good to say about any of the Scarlets?
I like their kit!? :|
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

West Brit wrote:So one bloke should be in prison, one bloke is displaying moral cowardice, they retaliate too much after getting smacked in the face and one has a silly name - does anybody have anything good to say about any of the Scarlets?
Kilkenny Cat is a cracking little pub....
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

dod wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Have no sound on the tv so don't know what was asked :roll:
He actually said "try, yes or no?" which meant it was the wrong decision. It was the wrong question though as Court clearly had control of the ball when he went over the line and there was nobody underneath him.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

I'm a fan of Marshall but he's a hopeless tackler. Directly at fault for the try and had another shocking effort there.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

artaneboy wrote:
So what's your excuse :lol: :lol:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jaysus, GHook on RTE claiming a flat pass is illegal in rugby! Shaggy had to correct him. :roll:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Royston Sole
Knowledgeable

Post by Royston Sole »

Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: The ref was right to bin them both. I'd have given Trimble an extra 5 minutes for looking like he was flapping a wet haddock at Williams.

Fair enough with binning them both, Trimble has done the fake hard-chaw against us before too.

But doesn't change the fact that Williams is a horrible piece of work.
Agree with all of that.

Trimble's God must have quite a bit of the knacker in him.
Longtime Turnipfans.com poster who retired when the Munster Girl Guides Association started Moderating.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

blockhead wrote:Jaysus, GHook on RTE claiming a flat pass is illegal in rugby! Shaggy had to correct him. :roll:
The look on his face was priceless! I'm guessing his agent will ask for him not to be put in the same studio as Horgan anymore so he won't make him look like an idiot (as if he needs any help!)
Royston Sole
Knowledgeable

Post by Royston Sole »

Dave Cahill wrote:Liam Williams displayed both moral and physical cowardice when that kick went up.
But what about when it came down?
Longtime Turnipfans.com poster who retired when the Munster Girl Guides Association started Moderating.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Good performance from Ulster. They look like they want this title big time. Payne and Bowe look like they are in sync.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

blockhead wrote:Good performance from Ulster. They look like they want this title big time. Payne and Bowe look like they are in sync.
Typical semi-final performance, got the result and then knocked off in the last 20 but it matters not.

Just thinking, if we win tomorrow, the battle for the terrace will be epic!!! :D
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Donny B. wrote:
blockhead wrote:Good performance from Ulster. They look like they want this title big time. Payne and Bowe look like they are in sync.
Typical semi-final performance, got the result and then knocked off in the last 20 but it matters not.

Just thinking, if we win tomorrow, the battle for the terrace will be epic!!! :D
True, they'll all want to "Stand up for the Ulstermen", which has now been released on CD btw.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

blockhead wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

True, they'll all want to "Stand up for the Ulstermen", which has now been released on CD btw.
I remember back in Donybrook one year, they got there early and took over the middle of the terrace. One Leinster regular was so disgusted, he walked out and watched it in the pub.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Was that "Regular" you, Donny?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

blockhead wrote:Was that "Regular" you, Donny?
Jaysus no, a chap who used to frequent this parish by the name of CrazyDave actually. We just took a spot further on the terrace and gave them the evil eye for the rest of the game, even though they were too far away to notice. We won anyhow.

Seriously though, us terrace dwellers are so used to out spots on the terrace, it would be so weird to arrive and find it packed out with Ulster fans. Not saying there would be ructions, but there would certainly be tensions!

Still this is all academic unless we win tomorrow. Can't see Glasgow bringing too many over. The RDS would be Ulsters!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

dod wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
So what's your excuse :lol: :lol:
Well I thought he did ask the 'first qustion.' Haven/'y go it on Sky-Plus, so can't check. But it clearly was a try anyway- and that WAS the question he should have asked! :)
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Would sitting down on the terrace be the appropriate response to SUFTUM? :?
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Donny B. wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

I remember back in Donybrook one year, they got there early and took over the middle of the terrace. One Leinster regular was so disgusted, he walked out and watched it in the pub.
I remember that as I had the kids down to that match and after a good session in Kielys we headed down, your stewards tried to tell us that it was reserved for season ticket holders so we just walked past them and said thanks :lol: