Munster Thread 2012-2013

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Munster Thread 2012-2013

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:Leave poor Donny alone ill have not said about a fan of the Terenure Inn
"And the original sad guy will be in with more abuse later on again under a different name, they're probably the same sad plonker, but who knows and frankly who cares!"

Whoops, there we go!

Thankfully there is a thing called the ignore button which effectively kills these attention-seeking lowlifes!

Use it for a happier life! :D
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Donny B. wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Leave poor Donny alone ill have not said about a fan of the Terenure Inn
Don't worry, rookie is my biggest fan!

Can't get enough of me, or my post count, the poor guy!

In fact, he only seems to ever post on here in response to something I've said.

Should be flattered I suppose, but frankly I find it a bit disturbing! :?
I find it a bit disturbing!
you don't f%~king say! Your'e a laugh as well?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Remarkable how rookie and A-Pox only ever seem to log on at the same time......innit?
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Donny B. wrote:Remarkable how rookie and A-Pox only ever seem to log on at the same time......innit?
Yeah! It's amazing.............in your world.
Last edited by rookie on May 11th, 2013, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:Remarkable how rookie and A-Pox only ever seem to log on at the same time......innit?
anyway off to bed, but good night to you both (or one in the same) who knows and frankly, who cares?
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Poor ol' Dolly. As soon as a couple of posters query his poorly conceived and wordered verbal diarrhea he naturally assumes they must be one and the same person. Sad, really.

:roll:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Apocrypha wrote:
Poor ol' Dolly. As soon as a couple of posters query his poorly conceived and wordered verbal diarrhea he naturally assumes they must be one and the same person. Sad, really.

:clap:

A-POX isn't just a WUM, he actually invents words now!

Okay, now that we've established two of your "alters" (I believe that's the vernacular these days) I wonder how many more are out there.

And as for the mods not banning you like they did on MunsterFans, perhaps they're something going on in the background, like an appeal from a Cork Mental hospital to let you "work stuff out" on here?

Charity aside though, how long must we endure his psychosis and that of his whiny alter ego rookie?
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Published on 10/05/2013 10:31

MUNSTER Rugby players were being informed this Friday morning that Limerick has been chosen as the permanent location of the club’s training base.

In a huge boost to the University of Limerick and to the city and county, the squad will train full-time at the campus from the 2014/15 season.

Until now, Cork-based and Limerick-based players had been training separately twice a week with single group sessions alternating between UL and Cork Institute of Technology.

The set-up had been described as “a complete logistical nightmare” by former Munster team manager Shaun Payne.

Limerick Institute of Technology had also bid to be the permanent home for the training base but it is understood that Munster Rugby officials have informed the University of Limerick in recent days of a decision in its favour. There will be an initial bedding-in period to allow players make life decisions on where they will be based ahead of the 2014-2015 season.

Squad members were to be informed of the decision this Friday morning and a formal announcement is expected later today
Looks good....

Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

[Jackass] wrote:
Published on 10/05/2013 10:31

MUNSTER Rugby players were being informed this Friday morning that Limerick has been chosen as the permanent location of the club’s training base.

In a huge boost to the University of Limerick and to the city and county, the squad will train full-time at the campus from the 2014/15 season.

Until now, Cork-based and Limerick-based players had been training separately twice a week with single group sessions alternating between UL and Cork Institute of Technology.

The set-up had been described as “a complete logistical nightmare” by former Munster team manager Shaun Payne.

Limerick Institute of Technology had also bid to be the permanent home for the training base but it is understood that Munster Rugby officials have informed the University of Limerick in recent days of a decision in its favour. There will be an initial bedding-in period to allow players make life decisions on where they will be based ahead of the 2014-2015 season.

Squad members were to be informed of the decision this Friday morning and a formal announcement is expected later today
Looks good....

Brilliant!!!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

TerenureJim wrote:
Apocrypha wrote:Musgrave Park is a white elephant, which MR should have sold off around 2007 for big bucks. Instead they went with a cheap tart-up and now struggle to get even 4000 to attend low-grade p12 games. Losing Musgrave made sense from a financial perspective, but given this will be coming down the line anyway - as soon as MR can get a sensible buyer - the decision needed to be made to base the team in Cork, in order to maintain some semblance of a duopoly.
I don't know the figures associated with it but there are two clubs in Musgrave park as far as I remember and I'd say there's probably a decent use of the grounds outside of times when required by Munster for provincial purposes. Doubt it's a White Elephant, might cost a few quid but you don't grow a brand by not including the biggest population centre in some way shape or form. I think a trick is missed by not moving the odd larger game to Cork such as an inter-pro or maybe a tour team.

Maybe rugby is a good bit behind GAA in Cork but I don't think those fans are going to a huge amount of games there between Oct-March surely? Munster abandoning rugby in Cork would be as stupid as the GAA abandoning Hurling in Dublin.

On the whole training base thing well plenty of people have to move to reasonable distances of where they work in order to work in their chosen profession and there are plenty of lovely places in North Tip and Clare if imported players don't want to live in Limerick itself.
In response to the above, MR have abandoned Cork and MP is a white elephant.

Taking the 2nd point first, the cost to upgrade MP will cost millions, which MR don't have so they just continue to mothball the project - which was dreamt up in the boom years - while throwing Cork a few scraps (minor P12 games and pre-season friendlies), until that itself becomes financially unsustainable in a couple of years. Even now the better decision would be to sell off the site, move all games to Thomond, and invest the money in a training facility either at CIT or North Cork. The AIL clubs you speak of could easily be moved to Templehill, in the case of Dolphin, which is near by, and the Mardyke, in the case of Sundays Well, which would actually be their natural home by the Lee.

As I have stated already, MR have made a ridiculously short-termist decision to move lock-stock-and-barrel to Limerick. The majority of the first team and academy lads are from Cork and they are simply not going to be willing to live in Knackeragua for very long.
Last edited by Apocrypha on May 11th, 2013, 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Feck off. There are posh people in Limerick... What about Dessie O'Malley?
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

johng wrote:Feck off. There are posh people in Limerick... What about Dessie O'Malley?
Richard Harris and Terry Wogan too.

Apologies, disenfranchisement has got the better of me. Mea culpa.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/m ... 58567.html

Mr. George has taken it on the chin surprisingly well.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Munster selling off some land they own beside Musgrave to fund redevelopment
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Donny B. wrote:
Apocrypha wrote:

Okay, now that we've established two of your "alters" (I believe that's the vernacular these days) I wonder how many more are out there.

And as for the mods not banning you like they did on MunsterFans, perhaps they're something going on in the background, like an appeal from a Cork Mental hospital to let you "work stuff out" on here?

Charity aside though, how long must we endure his psychosis and that of his whiny alter ego rookie?
You're inventing sh!t now! :green clap:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

One down..... one to go! :-)
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

TerenureJim wrote: I don't know the figures associated with it but there are two clubs in Musgrave park as far as I remember and I'd say there's probably a decent use of the grounds outside of times when required by Munster for provincial purposes. Doubt it's a White Elephant, might cost a few quid but you don't grow a brand by not including the biggest population centre in some way shape or form. I think a trick is missed by not moving the odd larger game to Cork such as an inter-pro or maybe a tour team.

Maybe rugby is a good bit behind GAA in Cork but I don't think those fans are going to a huge amount of games there between Oct-March surely? Munster abandoning rugby in Cork would be as stupid as the GAA abandoning Hurling in Dublin.

On the whole training base thing well plenty of people have to move to reasonable distances of where they work in order to work in their chosen profession and there are plenty of lovely places in North Tip and Clare if imported players don't want to live in Limerick itself.
Tj, in the early years of the Celtic league Musgrave park was getting as much or even higher attendances than Thomond park. Rugby has taken off in Ireland in that time but Cork has gotten less and less rugby which is scandalous when you look at the population sizes.

The big winners in this is Limerick city and Cork GAA. The losers are Munster, Cork and Irish rugby.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Somewhere along the line Munster rugby were inevitably going to become a one city team. I mean as in the location of the stadium and the training base. Economically it just makes sense, the bottom line is everything when you're in the red (no pun intended). Munster's unique history meant that this was always going to be a tricky and sensitive issue. When they redeveloped Thomond Park the decision was made. From a pure business POV, redeveloping Muzzer and then maintaining 2 stadium's for one team for 14 games a year is frankly ludicrous. The fact that they chose Limerick over the the larger population of Cork on the face of it looks odd but they do turn out for Munster in big numbers in Limerick. This season Munster entertained Connacht in Muzzer in an important game and 8k turned out to see it. The previous year the same fixture in Thomond attracted a crowd of over 21K. The spin at the moment is that they will upgrade Muzzer but it seems very unlikely. A better scenario would be to sell off Musgrave and (with the agreement of the GAA) use Pairc Ui Chaoimh for 4/5 blockbuster games every season.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Rookie doesn't like you because you shifted his sister before he did.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Donny B. wrote:
Apocrypha wrote:

Charity aside though, how long must wew endure his psychosis and that of his whiny alter ego rookie?
Who was it coined the phrase - "Desperation is the mother of Invention"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.