Munster Thread 2012-2013

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Munster Thread 2012-2013

Post by Dave Cahill »

The vote over a single training base was last night, any word on how it went?
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I'd look out for archer too :roll:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:The vote over a single training base was last night, any word on how it went?
If they pick Limerick then they basically will have abandoned Cork, apart from the odd game and that will be under pressure too given time. Would they take that step?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Just heard they've chosen Knackeragua. How the fcuk are we going to attract NIQs to live in that filthy, fcuking sh1thole.

Glorious Corkonia has produced the vast majority of our younger players, and yet their reward is to be forced to live in that open prison.

How long before one of our chaps is robbed, killed or kidnapped?
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

blockhead wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:The vote over a single training base was last night, any word on how it went?
If they pick Limerick then they basically will have abandoned Cork, apart from the odd game and that will be under pressure too given time. Would they take that step?
isnt that the point?
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Apocrypha wrote:Just heard they've chosen Knackeragua. How the fcuk are we going to attract NIQs to live in that filthy, fcuking sh1thole.

Glorious Corkonia has produced the vast majority of our younger players, and yet their reward is to be forced to live in that open prison.

Here fishy fishy fishy, i wonder will any of the limerick posters be stupid enough to take the bait?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Apocrypha wrote:Just heard they've chosen Knackeragua. How the fcuk are we going to attract NIQs to live in that filthy, fcuking sh1thole.

Get off the fence Apocrypha, and say what you really think!

Here in The Gulag we'll be fobbed off with a couple of pre-season friendlies and Pro12 games with the mighty Zebre, Edinburgh & Dragons!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The Cork Con mafia must be losing their potency.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

blockhead wrote:

The Cork Con mafia must be losing their potency.
Print media deadline call, the missed the vote.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

munster#1 wrote:

Here fishy fishy fishy, i wonder will any of the limerick posters be stupid enough to take the bait?
They're too busy robbing, joyriding, glue-sniffing and drive-by shooting to take much interest in trying to cobble together an ill-educated response.

Perhaps tmr, if you're all not too busy posting bail and signing on.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Munster could never base themselves in Cork, look what they did to Nick Williams, Player of the Year this year after drying out
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Bosco wrote:Munster could never base themselves in Cork, look what they did to Nick Williams, Player of the Year this year after drying out
It's tough on the Cork fans, but it really was the most logical choice. I hope they've done some thinking about buses or game times for next year to try and attract Cork based supporters to Pro12 games.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Bosco wrote:Munster could never base themselves in Cork, look what they did to Nick Williams, Player of the Year this year after drying out
It's tough on the Cork fans, but it really was the most logical choice. I hope they've done some thinking about buses or game times for next year to try and attract Cork based supporters to Pro12 games.
Having the training base in Cork and taking a coach up to Limerick on match day. Hardly a big deal. I think its a surprise. Most of the players are from Cork (or Leinster). Cork has an Airport (I kid you not) and a posh suburb called Blackrock! Conway and his ilk would be home from home.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Well I suppose an element had to do with the bid/ suggestion from CIT that they take over the role DCU has with them.

Limerick has an airport I believe also. Used to anyway.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

fourthirtythree wrote:Well I suppose an element had to do with the bid/ suggestion from CIT that they take over the role DCU has with them.

Shannon has an airport. :(
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschool wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Well I suppose an element had to do with the bid/ suggestion from CIT that they take over the role DCU has with them.

Shannon has an airport. :(

the airport got beaten by UCD at the weekend and relegated from international to regional
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

More to it than that. Williams is a born-again type and is a very good fit up in Ulster with the lads who take their religion very seriously and promote it in public [Trimble, Muller etc.]. It's a different atmosphere than in Munster and one that obviously suits him down to the ground, because he's fulfilling his potential and has had a great season.

Munster is a camp that puts a lot of emphasis on team spirit through constant slagging and building the chip on the shoulder. It's not for everybody. Lads from different backgrounds who aren't used to it can often take it at face value/take it the wrong way.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Jebus I would so much prefer to be called all the names under the sun, constantly, all the time, than have to listen to people shiteing on about god and all that muck.

Ulster sounds like hell.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Published on 10/05/2013 10:31

MUNSTER Rugby players were being informed this Friday morning that Limerick has been chosen as the permanent location of the club’s training base.

In a huge boost to the University of Limerick and to the city and county, the squad will train full-time at the campus from the 2014/15 season.

Until now, Cork-based and Limerick-based players had been training separately twice a week with single group sessions alternating between UL and Cork Institute of Technology.

The set-up had been described as “a complete logistical nightmare” by former Munster team manager Shaun Payne.

Limerick Institute of Technology had also bid to be the permanent home for the training base but it is understood that Munster Rugby officials have informed the University of Limerick in recent days of a decision in its favour. There will be an initial bedding-in period to allow players make life decisions on where they will be based ahead of the 2014-2015 season.

Squad members were to be informed of the decision this Friday morning and a formal announcement is expected later today
So now it'll be the jakeens v ?? Whats the nickname for Limerick people?
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

hugonaut wrote:
More to it than that. Williams is a born-again type and is a very good fit up in Ulster with the lads who take their religion very seriously and promote it in public [Trimble, Muller etc.]. It's a different atmosphere than in Munster and one that obviously suits him down to the ground, because he's fulfilling his potential and has had a great season.

Munster is a camp that puts a lot of emphasis on team spirit through constant slagging and building the chip on the shoulder. It's not for everybody. Lads from different backgrounds who aren't used to it can often take it at face value/take it the wrong way.
Dunno about the whole squad ethos thing, but a key point is that Anscombe knows Williams from way, way, back and pushed D Humph to recruit him in the first place. I think Anscombe simply knows how to manage Williams and get the best out of him and there is an interview with Anscombe here talking about this.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 46827.html