Munster - WUM's

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster - WUM's

Post by Peg Leg »

Golf Man wrote:Pride/passion/cousin f**kers v leinstertainment/blue magic/ladyboys

All tomatoes

Move on nothing to see here
You forgot about Turnips.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

Ignore them. They'll be gone soon.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

What time does the munster v Connacht Minor match throw in at on Saturday in Twickenham.

Always enjoy a good minor game to whet the appetite before the seniors take the field
Frederico
Beginner

Post by Frederico »

tones wrote:Speaking of the rag (Indo) and sensationalism and jumping on a marketed theme, whats happened Wardy?
Hasn't written a piece in a while I believe
I think the indo are gradually moving some commentator's pieces off line and only publishing them in the print edition. Of late I've noticed that pieces by Hook, Ward, Francis, and McWilliams are only appearing in the print edition. Not that I buy the Indo, or any other newspaper anymore, with the exception of the Irish Times on Friday and the FT on Saturday.

Let's put it this way it won't be enough for me to actually pay for the Indo, and if O'Brien manages a take over I'll never touch a publication by Independent News and Media again.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

so even the Indo reckon Farrelly is worthless...
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Blue Man
Enlightened

Post by Blue Man »

I hate the Turnips as much as the next man. I despise their self important arrogance BUT ignore them.
We have not one but TWO finals to look forward to so concentrate on LEINSTER and leve the WUM's to their own devices.

This thread should be in the other teams section.
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

This thread should be in the other teams section.
Totally agree.
The Pride Of Ireland
Knowledgeable

Post by The Pride Of Ireland »

Seriously why bother with this Munstermicko? It's obvious he can't make a coherent point, he can't even differntiate between 'their' and 'there.' Mind you, it must be tough for him to type, what with having eight fingers on each hand and all.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

He's hilarious I Think. He's indulging in some shameless wumming but the over reactions of the fellow posters needs to be looked into.

Quite a few Leinster wums on PR and they say is pretty embarrassing too, even if it is just a wum.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

To be fair, the semi-literate ramblings of Munstremicko do bear all the hallmarks of your average indo hack. A few years back I wrote to the editor asking him why letters published in their sister paper (Indpendent, UK) were also appearing word-for-word in their paper (Irish Independent) with the names and addresses changed (English in the UK paper and Irish in the Irish paper). An answer there came none. I would still love to know what they were up to and why. There is no way I would trust anything I read written by them.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

Talking about Munster WUM's, is it my imagination or has Janeymac gone very quiet lately?
LEINSTER pour toujours
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

simplythebest wrote:Talking about Munster WUM's, is it my imagination or has Janeymac gone very quiet lately?
It's hard to troll when your team is so very, very below the standard set by Leinster.
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

gfo wrote:
simplythebest wrote:Talking about Munster WUM's, is it my imagination or has Janeymac gone very quiet lately?
It's hard to troll when your team is so very, very below the standard set by Leinster.
Why bother, when the proles you're up against struggle so hard with the English language. Learn to read and write in Ballymun did we? :lol:
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Apocrypha wrote:
gfo wrote:
Why bother, when the proles you're up against struggle so hard with the English language. Learn to read and write in Ballymun did we?
It was good enough for Bono...
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Apocrypha wrote:
gfo wrote:
Why bother, when the proles you're up against struggle so hard with the English language. Learn to read and write in Ballymun did we? :lol:
what are proles?? is it opposite of trolls? but should they be prolls ? then again I am not even that sure what a troll(e) is if I am honest.

Please enlighten me my greek varsity club type friend and why you think you have any advantage as far as the English language goes over someone who learned it in Ballymun.

Its enough to have to deal with real D4 types but when wannabee gombeens join in :cry: :cry:

PS Bono is not from Ballymun or even Finglas. he's from Glasnevin where the standard of English, spoken or otherwise, is nothing short of wojious
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

ellandleinster wrote:
Apocrypha wrote:
gfo wrote:
what are proles?? is it opposite of trolls? but should they be prolls ? then again I am not even that sure what a troll(e) is if I am honest.

Please enlighten me my greek varsity club type friend and why you think you have any advantage as far as the English language goes over someone who learned it in Ballymun.

Its enough to have to deal with real D4 types but when wannabee gombeens join in :cry: :cry:

PS Bono is not from Ballymun or even Finglas. he's from Glasnevin where the standard of English, spoken or otherwise, is nothing short of wojious
Bono is originally from Ballymun Avenue, but they changed the name to Glasnevin Avenue (even thought it's over a mile from Glasnevin) ! :roll: Snobby gits or wha !
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Well parts of Marino and Fairview and Artane now find themselves in Clontarf. There's less movement around the San Andreas fault :) :)

Bono is unusual in bucking the trend and 'downgrading' the area he comes from. None of his neighbours or indeed family members would say they grew up in Finglas/Ballymun.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

ellandleinster wrote:Bono is not from Ballymun or even Finglas. he's from Glasnevin where the standard of English, spoken or otherwise, is nothing short of wojious
I live in Glasnevin. I live in the house my wife grew up in. When she was a child her address was Ballymun and no member of her family is ashamed of it. Her English is fine. She even knows what proles are.

Bono is not from Glasnevin Avenue. He's from Cedarwood Rd which is closer to Ballymun than Glasnevin Avenue is and when he was growing up it was Ballymun. I'm sure the deeds of his parent's house say Ballymun, just like the deeds of mine do.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Broken Wing wrote:
ellandleinster wrote:Bono is not from Ballymun or even Finglas. he's from Glasnevin where the standard of English, spoken or otherwise, is nothing short of wojious
I live in Glasnevin. I live in the house my wife grew up in. When she was a child her address was Ballymun and no member of her family is ashamed of it. Her English is fine. She even knows what proles are.

Bono is not from Glasnevin Avenue. He's from Cedarwood Rd which is closer to Ballymun than Glasnevin Avenue is and when he was growing up it was Ballymun. I'm sure the deeds of his parent's house say Ballymun, just like the deeds of mine do.
Not sure why you used my quote?? Firstly I never said Bono lived on Glasnevin Avenue. I never even mentioned Glasnevin Avenue. :o
I know full well that he lived on Cedarwood Road which is in Glasnevin. I also have never said that it is shameful to come from Ballymun. The opposite is what I was getting at in fact. All I mentioned was (tongue in cheek with the cemetery in mind) that people from Glasnevin have a problem with the English language. Where did you say you were from again :wink:
PS: Thanks for telling me that your wife also knows what proles are. Obviously just me with the shite education.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

ellandleinster wrote: PS: Thanks for telling me that your wife also knows what proles are. Obviously just me with the shite education.
It's a derogatory term for working class people.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.