Be honest - Dougie

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Dougie - A Storm in Teacup?

Poll ended at January 2nd, 2011, 3:22 pm

1. Yes
31%
2. Yes and a slow day for the media.
53%
3. No
17%

Total votes: 36

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Be honest - Dougie

Post by Oldschool »

Come on everyone own up.
Don't tell me you've never had one too many and got a little, just a teeny, weeny little bit upstreporous.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Re: Be honest - Dougie

Post by BlueBlue »

Yes I have had too much beer and have gotten myself into trouble. But I have never been daft enough to get arrested.

Dougie has form in any case as this is at least his 2nd time. Now thats just plain daft.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

I've done stupid things while under the influence but never drawn the attention of the gardaí but then I'm not likely to draw the attention of drunken morons in the way a famous rugby player might. Also, if I did draw the attention of the gardaí and end up fined, the papers wouldn't care less.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Broken Wing wrote:I've done stupid things while under the influence but never drawn the attention of the gardaí but then I'm not likely to draw the attention of drunken morons in the way a famous rugby player might. Also, if I did draw the attention of the gardaí and end up fined, the papers wouldn't care less.
True. Though as one of the more reasonable posters on Munsterfans said, having the guards call to your Christmas Party is pretty bad.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

In fairness, what does it matter if they go out, have a few pints and get a little rambunctious. Nothing for the fans to worry about, after all, its not like results are sufferi...oh.
I have Bumbleflex
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Pffft off the pitch. I couldnt care less what they do. Goes for both the reds and the blues imo.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

He's entitled to let some steam off every now and then. If I was a spectator on the wing in that wonderfully average backline then i'd become pretty frustrated when under the influence of a few beers.

The real question is.......is this part of a general malaise setting into Munster?
3 Gold Stars
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Just strange that it's Howlett again, cause he seems a really sensible bloke but hey, he is without (pissed-up) sin cast the first stone.......
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

Donny B. wrote:Just strange that it's Howlett again, cause he seems a really sensible bloke but hey, he is without (pissed-up) sin cast the first stone.......
Sorry, 'fraid I can't do that!!!! :lol:
LEINSTER pour toujours
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

I won't be throwing stones!

Apparently he tackled someone in the club and was turfed out then got himself arrested outside. Standard lads banter. Well, fun lads anyway. I gather the arresting officer isn't the most popular of figures in KK too.

I jump on any opportunity to give Munster players grief but in this case I think it was harmless. I may even like him more now.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

I've been arrested before for drunken tom foolery. That said, I'm not and never have been a role model for youngsters. God only knows what someone under the age of 10 would think of this. Limerick chidlren aside, this type of nonsense sets a very poor example.

Not a patch on the Shane Horgan incident a few years ago mind.
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

The only crime here is that the kiwi, an inhabitant from a proud rugby nation in the south pacific, can be defined as a being who is a rugby fanatic but unable to hold their alcohol!
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

hugonaut wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:I've done stupid things while under the influence but never drawn the attention of the gardaí but then I'm not likely to draw the attention of drunken morons in the way a famous rugby player might. Also, if I did draw the attention of the gardaí and end up fined, the papers wouldn't care less.
True. Though as one of the more reasonable posters on Munsterfans said, having the guards call to your Christmas Party is pretty bad.
Thats about the height of it, happened at my own companies christmas party 4yrs ago. The shame! :oops: :oops:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

Peg Leg wrote: it happened at my own companies christmas party 4yrs ago. The shame! :oops: :oops:
You're a legend now. :lol:
LEINSTER pour toujours
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

simplythebest wrote:
Peg Leg wrote: it happened at my own companies christmas party 4yrs ago. The shame! :oops: :oops:
You're a legend now. :lol:
Same here last year. It was an open bar though if that's any excuse... :oops: :oops:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

hugonaut wrote:
I wonder was the Barman a "True Blue" :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.