Munster Thread 2010/2011

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

downsouthdukin
Mullet

Re: Munster Thread 2010/2011

Post by downsouthdukin »

Downey..? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

Oldschool wrote:
downsouthdukin wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:

Keith Earls is probably the only Munster player that has ever had a bit of hype about him. He has kept his head down and worked hard and has certainly remained far more low-key than either Luke or Kearney.
Credit Murray - he is 21 years old and looked very comfortable in a fairly key position for a team who were under huge pressure to win. Maybe his pass is a bit high at the moment, but more importantly his head seems to be well screwed on.
there was hype about POC and DOC, ROG, Stringer, Reddan, Leamy......Jeremy Staunton,
You seem to have forgotten to mention Manning (Must have been a sore disappointment to the CC heads, that one), Nally, Murphy and Buckley.
Did I forget anyone - Ah yes Anthony Horgan and his cohort Dowling.
POC was a long time getting there. DOC, Stringer and Rog - don't remember them being hyped. Reddan neither (Maybe after his Wasp days).
Leamy - Well how this guy got so many caps (particularly at No 8) beggars belief.
Come to think of it - How the hell did Foley keep Eric Miller out of the Irish team, certainly not on ability.
probably because Leinster picked Costello at 8 and miller at 6

well i could add millar to that list too.. all hype and no substance. Manning was hardly hyped, murphy has been crocked with injuries and Buckley is a current irish international, again hardly hype over Horgan. Well you obviously a newbie to the sport if you cant remember rog, strings, doc and the reddan hype. Poc made his test debut in 2003 and went on the lions tour in 2005, what do you mean he took a long time to get there...?
keep on fishing, poor knowledge the oldskool, expected more
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

downsouthdukin wrote: well i could add millar to that list too.. all hype and no substance.
I don't care about the rest of the argument you boys are having but that's completely wrong. Miller was an incredible player. Unfortunately injuries held him back somewhat but he was still absolutely brilliant. He had the lot.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Lads. Will yiz all forget about Munster for a few days. I am beginning to think that you must fancy them, they get so much written about them.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Sad to hear any player being forced to retire. Didn't even realise Dowling was so knackered. Best of luck to him and good to hear he's in college and has a back-up plan.

Any news on the O'Connell injury? The man just can't catch a break, and was looking back to his best before injury.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
downsouthdukin wrote: well i could add millar to that list too.. all hype and no substance.
I don't care about the rest of the argument you boys are having but that's completely wrong. Miller was an incredible player. Unfortunately injuries held him back somewhat but he was still absolutely brilliant. He had the lot.
indeed he was
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

johng wrote:Lads. Will yiz all forget about Munster for a few days. I am beginning to think that you must fancy them, they get so much written about them.
ammm Munster Thread 2010/2011.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

ammmm page a hundred and fecken seventeen.

Not asking for a boycott. Just give it a rest until after the weekend.

There are 2 current threads on Munster (I fecken started one of them) And they just seem to stay up the top despite the fact that we have a QF v Leicester in a few days. Calm before the storm I hope.

And yes I realise the irony of me bringing this thread closer to page 118 :)

Edit: I bet the Leinster thread on munsterfans (If there is one) is a lot shorter.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

johng wrote:ammmm page a hundred and fecken seventeen.

There are 2 current threads on Munster (I fecken started one of them) And they just seem to stay up the top despite the fact that we have a QF v Leicester in a few days. Calm before the storm I hope.

Edit: I bet the Leinster thread on munsterfans (If there is one) is a lot shorter.
it is but i think you can post more on a single page on MF.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

[Jackass] wrote:Sad to hear any player being forced to retire. Didn't even realise Dowling was so knackered. Best of luck to him and good to hear he's in college and has a back-up plan.

Any news on the O'Connell injury? The man just can't catch a break, and was looking back to his best before injury.
POC has ligament damage in his ankle, no timeline given yet but i would imagine his season is over.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Jaysus, John wind your neck in. Asking people to forget about the Munster match on the main page is one thing but to ask for a boycott on the Munster section is a bit ridiculous, especially if it's only to wish Dowling well.

Hard luck on Dowling to be finished at 28 but he did pack a decent bit into his career. Not everyone's idea of a classic winger but he was a vital cog in the Munster team in those days, always working his b*%&!cks off, especially in defence. Good luck to him in the future!
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

downsouthdukin wrote:Downey..? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You picked up Sam from Worchester, a struggling AP side and yet you laugh at the idea of Downey being a good idea for Munster, when he is a good performer for an AP team that are doing well. Plus he more closely resembles Halstead. At this stage beggars shouldn't be choosers, as lets face it you're not going to have the funds to pick up a worldclass centre are you? Plus gonna be hard pushed to attract world class operators to Munster in general these days.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

[Jackass] wrote:Sad to hear any player being forced to retire. Didn't even realise Dowling was so knackered. Best of luck to him and good to hear he's in college and has a back-up plan.

Unfortunate choice of words.......

http://www.google.com/m/search?site=ima ... onnell#i=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cLncun7wuE
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

downsouthdukin wrote:
johng wrote:ammmm page a hundred and fecken seventeen.

it is but i think you can post more on a single page on MF.
2332 posts V 1780 posts :D
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

johng wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Jaysus, John wind your neck in. Asking people to forget about the Munster match on the main page is one thing but to ask for a boycott on the Munster section is a bit ridiculous, especially if it's only to wish Dowling well.

Hard luck on Dowling to be finished at 28 but he did pack a decent bit into his career. Not everyone's idea of a classic winger but he was a vital cog in the Munster team in those days, always working his b*%&!cks off, especially in defence. Good luck to him in the future!
:lol: :lol:

Not normally one to be interfering with free speech. And seeing as I am posting (And lengthening the thread anyway) Yes I am sad to see poor old much maligned Dowling retire, AND I am gutted for Paulie. (can they sue Sale sharks for Buckley dropping him? :) )

Now away back to the Leicester thread with me.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

Isaac4leinster wrote:
You picked up Sam from Worchester, a struggling AP side and yet you laugh at the idea of Downey being a good idea for Munster, when he is a good performer for an AP team that are doing well. Plus he more closely resembles Halstead. At this stage beggars shouldn't be choosers, as lets face it you're not going to have the funds to pick up a worldclass centre are you? Plus gonna be hard pushed to attract world class operators to Munster in general these days.

Sam has 8 all blacks caps. downey had a go at munster and failed. very ordinary player. doubt theres another club in world rugby as well known as munster. thats just a fact. we won a heineken without halstead why do you think we want to reinvent him? another tipoki would be a closer comparison. JDV again perhaps? hope so
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

downsouthdukin wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:

Sam has 8 all blacks caps. downey had a go at munster and failed. very ordinary player. doubt theres another club in world rugby as well known as munster. thats just a fact. we won a heineken without halstead why do you think we want to reinvent him? another tipoki would be a closer comparison. JDV again perhaps? hope so
Rico Gear also played at Worchester, Banahan does well in the AP, who would you have?
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Donny B. wrote:Hard luck on Dowling to be finished at 28 but he did pack a decent bit into his career. Not everyone's idea of a classic winger but he was a vital cog in the Munster team in those days, always working his b*%&!cks off, especially in defence. Good luck to him in the future!
Sums it up nicely!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

meinster wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Hard luck on Dowling to be finished at 28 but he did pack a decent bit into his career. Not everyone's idea of a classic winger but he was a vital cog in the Munster team in those days, always working his b*%&!cks off, especially in defence. Good luck to him in the future!
Sums it up nicely!
Hard luck on him, at 28 he should be just reaching his prime.

Still in 6 seasons he has 2 Hcup medals and a ML medal - some record! :clap:
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Right, back to the rugby! IF quins beat the pests on Friday, we get to go away to the winner of the Brive v Munster game. What are Munster's chances? (If only because I fancy a trip to mid-France!).

Ta :D