Hernandez signs for Natal Sharks

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

id@53
Bookworm

Hernandez signs for Natal Sharks

Post by id@53 »

The French Rugby Club website is reporting that Juan-Martin Hernandez has signed for the Natal Sharks - http://frenchrugbyclub.com/Top-14/Top-1 ... 00523.html
Reports in France claim Stade Francais fly-half Juan-Martin Hernandez has signed for South African franchise the Natal Sharks.

Rumours of Hernandez’s imminent departure surfaced at the weekend with Top 14 clubs Bayonne, Toulon and Perpignan all thought to be in the running. But now it seems that Hernandez has followed Frederic Michalak’s lead and will instead be showcasing his skills in Super 14 next season.

The transfer was pushed through by Stade after the Paris giants got the green light to sign Leicester Tigers’ Julien Dupuy – for a fee of €200,000 – and their subsequent need to balance their books.
Would he have been a suitable replacement for Dr. Phil to provide cover for when Sexton is off on International duty?
Munsterboy
Mullet

Re: Hernandez signs for Natal Sharks

Post by Munsterboy »

Hernandez providing cover for Sexton? :lol:
We're all red on the inside.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Why the hell would he do that!? The Super 14 franchises' budgets are laughable, he can't be getting much more than €100k a year. Michalak did it in order to relaunch his career and gain some experience of top-flight attacking rugby, but Hernandez really doesn't need that. He has been the recipient of many enormous offers over the past few years and he's already getting his game at an extremely high level of rugby. Leicester were offering him something like €400k last year if I recall correctly. Sounds like lunacy!
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
leinsterlank
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterlank »

tackle-bag wrote:Why the hell would he do that!? The Super 14 franchises' budgets are laughable, he can't be getting much more than €100k a year. Michalak did it in order to relaunch his career and gain some experience of top-flight attacking rugby, but Hernandez really doesn't need that. He has been the recipient of many enormous offers over the past few years and he's already getting his game at an extremely high level of rugby. Leicester were offering him something like €400k last year if I recall correctly. Sounds like lunacy!
maybe he doesnt play for the money and the prospect of playing a different hemispheres rugby is appealing?
"It feels great. I've played for the team for 10 years and it was worth the wait. I love Leinster and I wanted to do it before the end of my career."

- BOD, Heineken Cup and Grand Slam Winner 2009
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

leinsterlank wrote:the prospect of playing a different hemispheres rugby is appealing?
sure he does that when he's with the pumas
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Maybe he's thinking about getting some experience against SH opposition before the world cup.

Great place for someone who likes to kick drop goals and play a bit of football.
tinker
Learner

Post by tinker »

Is there a more over-rated player than Dupuy? Surely holding onto Hernandez would be a better option...
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Cant believe he went to the Southern hemisphere, how the hell did they afford him. Why are all the south africans heading north
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

lummix wrote:Cant believe he went to the Southern hemisphere, how the hell did they afford him. Why are all the south africans heading north
Maybe he's not in it for the money?
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

tinker wrote:Is there a more over-rated player than Dupuy? Surely holding onto Hernandez would be a better option...
perhaps they needed a scrumhalf??
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

tinker wrote:Is there a more over-rated player than Dupuy? Surely holding onto Hernandez would be a better option...
Dupuy is great, no one comes close to Hernandez though