Munster 2023/2024 - Return of the Jedi????

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Re: Munster 2023/2024 - Return of the Jedi????

Post by yellabelly1961 »

Dave Cahill wrote: June 7th, 2024, 9:17 pm Easy peasy Munster squeezy the life out of Ospreys
As predicted by all
Don't think they looked impressive though. How much have we shot ourselves in the foot thus season??
MunsterMadness
Beginner

Post by MunsterMadness »

yellabelly1961 wrote: June 7th, 2024, 9:43 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: June 7th, 2024, 9:17 pm Easy peasy Munster squeezy the life out of Ospreys
As predicted by all
Don't think they looked impressive though. How much have we shot ourselves in the foot thus season??
Weather wasn't great bit as you would want in a QF a comfortable win with no stress and lots of work ons.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: June 7th, 2024, 8:23 pm
Keith wrote: June 7th, 2024, 7:39 pm Seems a good attendance. These QFs are very difficult sells, surely it's something the URC are actively looking at.
I was shocked with how many empty seats there were.
Ha. I was impressed with the attendance. For a URC qf. It feels like we have had less at semis in the league
MunsterMadness
Beginner

Post by MunsterMadness »

Theu sold 17,500 tickets in a market when Munster final weekend has taken a few out, it was short turn around and Cork crowd were effectively hit by timing. I'd say it was good going.
6 o'clock next Saturday I'd expect a bigger crowd again
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: June 7th, 2024, 8:23 pm
Keith wrote: June 7th, 2024, 7:39 pm Seems a good attendance. These QFs are very difficult sells, surely it's something the URC are actively looking at.
I was shocked with how many empty seats there were. Munster already won this?

Ospreys are well in this. both teams playing great rugby.
Wait till you watch the Leinster game tomorrow!
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

MunsterMadness wrote: June 8th, 2024, 1:02 am Theu sold 17,500 tickets in a market when Munster final weekend has taken a few out, it was short turn around and Cork crowd were effectively hit by timing. I'd say it was good going.
14,072 bring reported everywhere?
MunsterMadness
Beginner

Post by MunsterMadness »

Schumi wrote: June 8th, 2024, 12:27 pm
MunsterMadness wrote: June 8th, 2024, 1:02 am Theu sold 17,500 tickets in a market when Munster final weekend has taken a few out, it was short turn around and Cork crowd were effectively hit by timing. I'd say it was good going.
Yes that was the attendance. Ticket sales and attendances are 2 seperate things. Money only counts on ticket sales but also even 14k attendance isn't bad considering all the issues already noted
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

MunsterMadness wrote: June 8th, 2024, 1:50 pm
Yes that was the attendance. Ticket sales and attendances are 2 seperate things. Money only counts on ticket sales but also even 14k attendance isn't bad considering all the issues already noted
So 3,500 people bought tickets the week of the match and didn't turn up? That's seems nuts.

Nothing wrong with 14k at a quarter final that everyone expected Munster to win. It's the same as Leinster had for the Sharks last year.
MunsterMadness
Beginner

Post by MunsterMadness »

Schumi wrote: June 8th, 2024, 2:05 pm

So 3,500 people bought tickets the week of the match and didn't turn up? That's seems nuts.

Nothing wrong with 14k at a quarter final that everyone expected Munster to win. It's the same as Leinster had for the Sharks last year.
Not really. Season ticket holders do it often to contribute and plenty of corporate gigs buy alot and only fill a few. Last night I know DHL bought 100 tickets and 13 people went
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I know a lot of Leinster fans get very salty when some Munster fans follow whoever plays Leinster but to me these teams are rivals and I don't have a problem with it. I hope Glasgow beat Munster this weekend. I love watching a tournament when they're knocked out, especially when it is early.

Proper Irish fan/real rugby fans/fairweather blah blah I don't care.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

suisse wrote: June 9th, 2024, 11:46 am I know a lot of Leinster fans get very salty when some Munster fans follow whoever plays Leinster but to me these teams are rivals and I don't have a problem with it. I hope Glasgow beat Munster this weekend. I love watching a tournament when they're knocked out, especially when it is early.

Proper Irish fan/real rugby fans/fairweather blah blah I don't care.
Big difference between wanting Glasgow to win compared to turning up to the game supporting Glasgow in their kit
Anyone But New Zealand
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Well whatever their motivations I hope they're beaten.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Munster did enough against Ospreys.
They played cup rugby, with a view to winning and reducing the risk of injuries.

Going to the corner is risky in that there’s a good chance that it doesn’t produce points and it is attritional, and with a complete lack of depth, Munster can’t risk injuries.

Munster definitely have work-ons for this weekend. They seemed to struggle when the game got loose, the scrum was hit and miss and the rush defence made life a misery for our backs.

One thing that Munster really need to work on is playing the ref and being more effective with communicating issues.
Ospreys lived in the edge all day, rolling into the path of the SH, going in off their feet, joining the breakdown from offside etc. which really slowed down the game.
Holly clearly wanted to leave the game flow, and did a great job of doing that, but Munster’s failure to counter the Ospreys’ tactics meant that Ospreys stayed in the game far longer than they should have.

Great to see ticket sales going so well for this weekend.
There are very few stand tickets available and the terraces are filling fast.
Looks like it will be close to a sell out, which brings a big payday.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

MunsterMadness wrote: June 8th, 2024, 2:24 pm

Not really. Season ticket holders do it often to contribute and plenty of corporate gigs buy alot and only fill a few. Last night I know DHL bought 100 tickets and 13 people went
We get the same kind of behaviours. The Munster crowd was decent for a quarter final against a poor team with no away support. Just wondering, the quarter final isn't part of our season ticket package, is it the same at Munster?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Flash Gordon wrote: June 10th, 2024, 12:09 pm

We get the same kind of behaviours. The Munster crowd was decent for a quarter final against a poor team with no away support. Just wondering, the quarter final isn't part of our season ticket package, is it the same at Munster?
It's the same - knockouts not included
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

The Doc wrote: June 10th, 2024, 2:38 pm
That's what I thought so 14k attendance not bad the weekend of a Munster final especially for a little backwater.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

offshorerules wrote: June 10th, 2024, 3:46 pm

That's what I thought so 14k attendance not bad the weekend of a Munster final especially for a little backwater.
It's a brilliant number in fact when you realise that mostl of them had to go to Thurles on Sunday and support either the Banner or the Champions - and that wasn't a dry day. It's busy & expensive supporting Munster at this time of the year!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Ruckedtobits wrote: June 10th, 2024, 5:55 pm
offshorerules wrote: June 10th, 2024, 3:46 pm

It's a brilliant number in fact when you realise that mostl of them had to go to Thurles on Sunday and support either the Banner or the Champions - and that wasn't a dry day. It's busy & expensive supporting Munster at this time of the year!
At least they had the option to go the following day - the Leinster final was on at 6pm on Saturday so no option for anyone to go to both
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

a rake of tix still available for the Glasgow clash this weekend. Munster fans reckon they have already won it and waiting for the final? :shock:
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: June 11th, 2024, 7:39 pm

a rake of tix still available for the Glasgow clash this weekend. Munster fans reckon they have already won it and waiting for the final? :shock:
It’s Tuesday. I think it will be very close to a sellout.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.