Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for requesting, offering and discussing Champions Cup Final Tickets, Travel and Accommodation. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling these for above face value will be immediately banned.

Posts which breach forum rules may be edited or removed without warning
- No Email addresses or phone numbers. PM ONLY. Please note that Private Messages remain in your outbox until they have been read by the recipient.
- Always list the price in your post. Failure to do so will result in your post being rejected.
- Offers / Requests: Once sorted out, please edit your post and change the text of the post to SORTED or GONE. We will then remove the post.
- No Topic spamming (same request / offer in multiple topics) - all will be removed.
- No Bumping your offers / requests (quoting own post to say tickets still needed / offered, etc.) - all will be removed.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster v La Rochelle Heineken Cup Final Sat 28th May 4.45 Marseille

Post by wixfjord »

fourthirtythree wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:35 pm
wixfjord wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:25 pm Interesting that LAR have no bench cover for West. Big pressure on him now.
He dealt with it last year. I'd guess that if anyone can coach an outhalf who sh!t the bed repeatedly into getting over the line and then becoming known for mental strength it would be O'Gara seeing as that's him.

Disappointed to see Brice Dulin back, his kicking hurt us last year. I think we are better at kick tennis this year though.
Plisson was on the bench last year though.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

berliner wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:39 pm la vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid
I like it at the very first opportunity. So piping hot is really very good as well.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

elephantman wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:35 pm
wixfjord wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:05 pm J Lowe watching captains run from the sidelines...

Hopefully just a precaution but certainly a little worrying.

Furlong looks to be taking part anyway.
Larmour in the sportsfile pics (then again so are Nic McC, Josh Murphy). I'd guess they'll give him right up to the last possible moment; pre match warmup/drills?.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Unusual bench for La Rochelle. A 5:3 split but without an out and out scrum half cover or outhalf cover
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

wixfjord wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:25 pm Interesting that LAR have no bench cover for West. Big pressure on him now.

The no 13 Sinzelle has played fly half as well as centre (Botia on bench) and Favre covers back 3.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

matt wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:33 pm

The no 13 Sinzelle has played fly half as well as centre (Botia on bench) and Favre covers back 3.
He's very much an outside back though. If he has to drop in for West it will be a big win for us.

LAR's four halfbacks are:

- a relative novice at 9 in Berjon
- West at 10
- a winger Retiere who has only started 8 pro games covering scrumhalf on the bench
- Sinzelle who at 31 has only started 15 pro games at 10 and hasn't started a game there since 2018/19 season

I'd much rather our foursome over that personally.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

When it comes to Leinster I'm Pretty paranoid. So the fact that LAR sections make little sense .......has me somewhat worried!

I think they may have a cunning plan! :shock:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Feeling pretty confident now. I’m sure we’ll get eaten in a few scrums and Molony will get stuffed on a few carries but the positives far outweigh any negatives IMO and I do think the previous knockout games show that we’ve learned lessons from previous years. Mentally we seem well able to cope with setbacks and get our game going when we really need to and fingers crossed that will continue tomorrow.

The weather still concerns me (looks like being about 30 degrees) but that’s a problem for both sides really.

Even if there are late withdrawals (I hope we’ve learned from Isa’s last game) our team is just much stronger on paper, it’s pretty much a top international side against a fairly mixed selection (don’t get me wrong they’ve some brilliant players) with a pretty big advantage to us at halfback. Play with the same kind of energy in defence and options for the ball carrier as we did against Toulouse and I struggle to see how La Rochelle will stop us. I’d be more worried if they had TKB, Vito, or a fully fit Skelton in there but barring an injury or card disaster I’m feeling good about it.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote: May 27th, 2022, 12:35 pm
He dealt with it last year. I'd guess that if anyone can coach an outhalf who sh!t the bed repeatedly into getting over the line and then becoming known for mental strength it would be O'Gara seeing as that's him.

Disappointed to see Brice Dulin back, his kicking hurt us last year. I think we are better at kick tennis this year though.
Dulin is also very good in the air, people always seem shocked by it because he’s quite short but it’s not a weakness by any means. Brilliant player.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:50 pm When it comes to Leinster I'm Pretty paranoid. So the fact that LAR sections make little sense .......has me somewhat worried!

I think they may have a cunning plan! :shock:
It can be only one of two things.
1. Kick the proverbial out of us up front.
2. Kick the proverbial out of us up front.

I was going to go with.
1. Kick the proverbial out of us up front.
2. With a 5-3 bench go wide and run the legs off our pack.
The high temperatures would rule that out.
Last edited by Oldschool on May 27th, 2022, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

wixfjord wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:43 pm
matt wrote: May 27th, 2022, 1:33 pm

He's very much an outside back though. If he has to drop in for West it will be a big win for us.

LAR's four halfbacks are:

- a relative novice at 9 in Berjon
- West at 10
- a winger Retiere who has only started 8 pro games covering scrumhalf on the bench
- Sinzelle who at 31 has only started 15 pro games at 10 and hasn't started a game there since 2018/19 season

I'd much rather our foursome over that personally.
I think LAR picked best available team in absence of Kerr Barlow and Vito including bench and would definitely agree with you that we have the better players at half back.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Interestingly there are no pictures on either Inpho or Sportsfile of the LAR Captains Run (I assume they had one) whilst all 3 other teams taking to the pitch this weekend were covered.

So either they have an exclusive deal with someone for their photos or they went behind closed doors.

curiouser and curiouser!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 27th, 2022, 2:19 pm Interestingly there are no pictures on either Inpho or Sportsfile of the LAR Captains Run (I assume they had one) whilst all 3 other teams taking to the pitch this weekend were covered.

So either they have an exclusive deal with someone for their photos or they went behind closed doors.

curiouser and curiouser!
plenty of cameras there: https://twitter.com/ChampionsCup/status ... 0mDoJwQL8A
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

LeinsterLeader wrote: May 27th, 2022, 2:19 pm Interestingly there are no pictures on either Inpho or Sportsfile of the LAR Captains Run (I assume they had one) whilst all 3 other teams taking to the pitch this weekend were covered.

curiouser and curiouser!
https://twitter.com/ChampionsCup/status ... 4cDh3omegA
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 27th, 2022, 2:21 pm

plenty of cameras there: https://twitter.com/ChampionsCup/status ... 0mDoJwQL8A
Strange that they were the only one's not on Sportsfile/Inpho so. Maybe they'll put them up later.

Probably just my Paranoia kicking in again :lol:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

15 min video of la rochelles captains run: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeECs_FIpAU/
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 27th, 2022, 2:33 pm 15 min video of la rochelles captains run: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeECs_FIpAU/
hmmm........ I'm beginning to think it's not a secret.
But I did hear they got 2 minutes longer on the pitch than us. Just saying. That could be difference at the end of the day :wink:
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

In Marseille now and feeling the heat in person, it’s going to be a factor for sure. It’s not going to be quite as warm tomorrow, but I wouldn’t fancy 60 - 80 minutes of top level pro sport in this weather.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

"Hear about Helenowski and Brown? They got into a helluva scrap with six Mexicans at some bar. Helenowski lost six pints of blood. Brown's in a coma."
"I heard Helenowski lost an eye and they're reading Brown the last rites".

"What?? I have the report right here. They're home with bruises and muscle pulls."

In the last couple of weeks Leinster fans might have been reminded of the above lines from "L.A. Confidential". Leinster's personal bogeyman Will Skelton has haunted them over the last couple of years. In the 2019 final he proved a difference maker for Saracens and in last year's semi-final against La Rochelle he was massive again in more ways than one. But it seemed that Leinster wouldn't have to face their "big bad" when news broke of a calf injury a few weeks back.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Might have it wrong but think they’ve played sinzelle there before.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles