6 Nations 2023 - Ireland

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: 6 Nations 2023 - Ireland

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:16 pm Three words chaps: six day turnaround
+1
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Interesting stat being mentioned on the various podcasts this week: namely that despite the relatively high number of missed tackles, Ireland have only conceded five tries in the first four matches of the 6 Nations. By comparison second placed France in this statistic have conceded ten. Our D, it would seem, is top notch. May it hold tomorrow. Éire abú!!!!!!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

I have been going to internationals in Lansdowne Rd since 1971. In that time I have seen such legends of Irish rugby as Gibson, McBride, Duggan, Slattery, Campbell, Wood, BOD, POC, Rob Kearney etc but I have never seen any of them play on an Ireland team to win a Grand Slam at the stadium. I hope to see our current legends do it tomorrow. Those of us lucky enough to have tickets have a role to play. No idle chat, no nipping off for pints, no Mexican wave but loud and constant support for Ireland in every minute together with some raucous hostility for our opponents. Everyone in their seats to roar the team on to the pitch.
Bring it on. I can't wait
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Jesus, I’m already in bits with pre-match nerves!

I think that England squad is potentially very strong. And I know I’m the millionth person to say this but there’s no way they’ll be that bad twice in a row. And it’s mad to think they’ve only won two games in each of the last two 6N. It’ll be three in a row if we win tomorrow.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

enby wrote: March 17th, 2023, 11:03 pm I have been going to internationals in Lansdowne Rd since 1971. In that time I have seen such legends of Irish rugby as Gibson, McBride, Duggan, Slattery, Campbell, Wood, BOD, POC, Rob Kearney etc but I have never seen any of them play on an Ireland team to win a Grand Slam at the stadium. I hope to see our current legends do it tomorrow. Those of us lucky enough to have tickets have a role to play. No idle chat, no nipping off for pints, no Mexican wave but loud and constant support for Ireland in every minute together with some raucous hostility for our opponents. Everyone in their seats to roar the team on to the pitch.
+1, +1,
The players will tell you, voices count. Let's roar them on.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

enby wrote: March 17th, 2023, 11:03 pm I have been going to internationals in Lansdowne Rd since 1971. In that time I have seen such legends of Irish rugby as Gibson, McBride, Duggan, Slattery, Campbell, Wood, BOD, POC, Rob Kearney etc but I have never seen any of them play on an Ireland team to win a Grand Slam at the stadium. I hope to see our current legends do it tomorrow. Those of us lucky enough to have tickets have a role to play. No idle chat, no nipping off for pints, no Mexican wave but loud and constant support for Ireland in every minute together with some raucous hostility for our opponents. Everyone in their seats to roar the team on to the pitch.
100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COYBIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Very Quiet
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Oldschool wrote: March 18th, 2023, 1:19 pmVery Quiet
Bricking it...
Dont Panic!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

too many people expecting an easy walkover for my liking !!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Well I’m calling it early.
This is an almost full strength Irish team, against a complete mess of an English team.
Throw in home advantage and the drive to secure a first ever grand slam at home, and I see this game only going one way.

I predict Ireland by 32 points.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote: March 18th, 2023, 2:57 pm Well I’m calling it early.
This is an almost full strength Irish team, against a complete mess of an English team.
Throw in home advantage and the drive to secure a first ever grand slam at home, and I see this game only going one way.

Brave or Foolhardy?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschool wrote: March 18th, 2023, 3:29 pm
munster#1 wrote: March 18th, 2023, 2:57 pm Well I’m calling it early.

Brave or Foolhardy?
Neither.

The only way Ireland lose this one is if they don’t show up.
This is an Irish team ranked number 1 in the world, and very close to full strength.

England are a complete shambles.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

Post by Cheeses of Nazareth »

Last couple of times I’ve seen the Irish public so confident of a win were Ireland England 2019 and Leinster LAR 2022.

What could go wrong? It’s a game of rugby. Plenty. 6 day turnaround. How fit are Sheehan and Doris? How will our scrum stand up with Baird in the row? We were destroyed last year in Twickenham there (doesn’t matter if it was illegal-the ref let it go)

That’s a decent English 15 in poor form. They’ll 100% have a response after last week with nothing to lose. Hoping Farrell’s struggles off the tee continue.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

England cannot be counted down and out, until Ireland have demolished them on the field of play and the score-board. And that has yet to be done. It won't just happen on its own. Still and all quietly confident. More so than last week with us travelling to Edinburgh.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Cheeses of Nazareth wrote: March 18th, 2023, 4:20 pm Last couple of times I’ve seen the Irish public so confident of a win were Ireland England 2019 and Leinster LAR 2022.
That's exactly what I've been thinking in last 24 hours.

Lots of writing off a team that has lots of good players.

I hope the coaching team and players don't think that. This England side is more than capable of a one off big defensive performance.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Cheeses of Nazareth wrote: March 18th, 2023, 4:20 pm Last couple of times I’ve seen the Irish public so confident of a win were Ireland England 2019 and Leinster LAR 2022.

What could go wrong? It’s a game of rugby. Plenty. 6 day turnaround. How fit are Sheehan and Doris? How will our scrum stand up with Baird in the row? We were destroyed last year in Twickenham there (doesn’t matter if it was illegal-the ref let it go)

That’s a decent English 15 in poor form. They’ll 100% have a response after last week with nothing to lose. Hoping Farrell’s struggles off the tee continue.
I wouldn't agree with Leinster LAR, but there was also a HC SF in 2009 where all one team had to do was turn up.
I've tried to avoid to listening to it this week
Dont Panic!
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

If Ireland lose by 7 who wins the tournament? Us and France would end up on 20 with identical points difference. Done on head to head or tries scored or some other metric?
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

I can answer my own question. Tries scored. France on 21, we’re on 16 as of know
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Still think we pass up too many options to take points especially early in games. That tap and go wasnt really on for Sexton
Cheeses of Nazareth
Knowledgeable

We look a bit off it today. Very nervy. Hopefully that 3 settles us down.