Autumn Internationals 2022 Not Ireland

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Autumn Internationals 2022 Not Ireland

Post by wixfjord »

This is getting proper paranoid from Rassie.

Even the way he's attempting to stop himself from getting a ban by being sarcastic just smacks of a guy who's losing the plot.

The fact SA fans are turning against him in the comments must be concerning too.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Dexter wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:55 pm French cut the comms to the TMO after the potential double movement. It returns just as the conversion is kicked.. hmmmm
Put nothing past the French. They're going to get every rub of the green at the RWC and they're gonna manipulate the TMO feeds to the hilt.

Rassie is a dïck. But to be fair, in the last 6-7 mins
:
France get a pen when De Allende was pushed onto the French side by a French player on the ground

The grounding of the try looks like a triple movement.

Le Roux throws a perfect pass to Mapimpi that's judged forward

Moeaka clearly comes in the side to rob the ball at the ruck after Ramos' pen.

I'd be raging if i was Erasmus.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

jezzer wrote: November 13th, 2022, 2:21 pm
Dexter wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:55 pm French cut the comms to the TMO after the potential double movement. It returns just as the conversion is kicked.. hmmmm
Put nothing past the French. They're going to get every rub of the green at the RWC and they're gonna manipulate the TMO feeds to the hilt.

Rassie is a dïck. But to be fair, in the last 6-7 mins
:
France get a pen when De Allende was pushed onto the French side by a French player on the ground

The grounding of the try looks like a triple movement.

Le Roux throws a perfect pass to Mapimpi that's judged forward

Moeaka clearly comes in the side to rob the ball at the ruck after Ramos' pen.

I'd be raging if i was Erasmus.
This is totally one eyed though, there were plenty of decisions that France didn’t get too.

I didn’t see anything wrong with the grounding myself. Unless I missed a clearer angle I never saw his knees hit the ground.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

jezzer wrote: November 13th, 2022, 2:21 pm
Put nothing past the French.
One can obviously put a lack of knowledge of the TMO protocols past them as incidents can be reviewed up until the game is restarted - taking the conversion makes no difference since July
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Maybe there’s a slight time delay but as I write this the time is 14:48 and 23:40 minutes have elapsed. What the f%~k is happening these days?

Scrap that, started at a quarter past didn’t it :lol:
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Maybe there’s a slight time delay but as I write this the time is 14:48 and 23:40 minutes have elapsed. What the f%~k is happening these days?

I made the same mistake!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Twist wrote: November 13th, 2022, 3:05 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Maybe there’s a slight time delay but as I write this the time is 14:48 and 23:40 minutes have elapsed. What the f%~k is happening these days?

I made the same mistake!
Thanks, appreciate the support :lol:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Savea is one man pack out there at times. Papili’i is a fine player and has been improving at this level but he still drifts in and out of games.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ciaran Clark is a better defender than Caleb Clarke.

In rugby.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: November 13th, 2022, 3:15 pm Ciaran Clark is a better defender than Caleb Clarke.

In rugby.
NZ’s backs are all defending terribly. ALB looked to cynically lie on the ball when Scotland nearly got in in the corner just before half time, would have been interesting to see if Frank sent him off had he noticed.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 13th, 2022, 3:08 pm Savea is one man pack out there at times. Papili’i is a fine player and has been improving at this level but he still drifts in and out of games.
The last minute or so really illustrates this. Talea was done badly and then De Groot missed a tackle but Savea saved them. He had another couple of big involvements with a big tackle and a steal but nobody else apart from Papili’i did anything positive.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Rory Sutherland gone off with a pretty bad knee injury it looks like. Sickener for Ulster.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

TJP has been incredible in the last few minutes. Passing, kicking, securing rucks, and even stealing a ball. He’s won this for them IMO.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 13th, 2022, 4:12 pm TJP has been incredible in the last few minutes. Passing, kicking, securing rucks, and even stealing a ball. He’s won this for them IMO.
Difference between him and Christie was stark. Christie will be playing for Scotland when the 2026 6N comes around.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 13th, 2022, 4:12 pm TJP has been incredible in the last few minutes. Passing, kicking, securing rucks, and even stealing a ball. He’s won this for them IMO.
+1. NZ play that lackadaisically vs ENG next week and after 80 mins Eddie will be crowing, assorted Sarries and their Charioteer confreres whooping and hollering. Hopefully said scenario doesn't come to pass....
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote: November 13th, 2022, 12:12 pm This is getting proper paranoid from Rassie.

Even the way he's attempting to stop himself from getting a ban by being sarcastic just smacks of a guy who's losing the plot.

The fact SA fans are turning against him in the comments must be concerning too.
It's also wrong about the try.

Nis knee never touched the ground.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote: November 13th, 2022, 7:47 pm
wixfjord wrote: November 13th, 2022, 12:12 pm This is getting proper paranoid from Rassie.

it is sus that the feed from the TMO broke just at that moment
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: November 13th, 2022, 8:09 pm
paddyor wrote: November 13th, 2022, 7:47 pm

Stuff like that always happens in France.........coincidentally.

But Rassie's only taken issues with the referee, and he keeps doing it. It's a seperate issue, IMO.
allezlesverres
Bookworm

Post by allezlesverres »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: November 13th, 2022, 8:09 pm

Definitely sus and so very french. They really should do something to sort that out prior to the RWC. We all expect it in Euro and 6N games and eyebrows are raised in almost every game but for something as important as the RWC there should be more objectivity in how the video evidence is directed.

Having said that, on Amazon prime where I watched it, the TMO feed was still on so the viewers could hear the TMO while Barnes couldn't and the TMO said clearly that there were no issues with the try.

It was as physical a game of rugby as I can remember - it felt like a world cup final with both teams going at it hammer and tongs. I did wonder if France made a mistake trying to match SA up front but they did a really good job of it. You wouldn't say that either pack was dominant (albeit SA had to do it with a missing forward). Favourite bit of the game was Makalou on the wing. It looked like a mad decision but he was actually brilliant. I'd love to have seen how that break by him would have finished up if he hadn't been pinged for not releasing in the tackle (unfairly because he clearly wasn't held).
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

On the Rassie thing.
There's an old saying that covers it.
If you have a dog then don't do the barking yourself.
Let Rassie bark away.
Nobody (including ourselves) thinks Ireland are going to be a threat (a banana skin maybe) in the RWC so Rassie is barking at the sort of thing we'd like to be barking at.
French machinations at all levels.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.