Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Autumn Internationals 2022 Not Ireland

Post by Dave Cahill »

allezlesverres wrote: November 14th, 2022, 11:25 am
Oldschoolsocks wrote: November 13th, 2022, 8:09 pm

it is sus that the feed from the TMO broke just at that moment
Definitely sus and so very french. They really should do something to sort that out prior to the RWC. We all expect it in Euro and 6N games and eyebrows are raised in almost every game
usually by flat earthers
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Having said that, on Amazon prime where I watched it, the TMO feed was still on so the viewers could hear the TMO while Barnes couldn't and the TMO said clearly that there were no issues with the try.
I couldn't believe there was controversy about it the next day. Confused me as it was straightforward enough.

What I don't understand about watching the matches on Prime is the "ad breaks" with nothing in them. Surely they could have some clips in there, no comment, just something instead of nothing.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote: November 14th, 2022, 12:20 pm

Having said that, on Amazon prime where I watched it, the TMO feed was still on so the viewers could hear the TMO while Barnes couldn't and the TMO said clearly that there were no issues with the try.
I couldn't believe there was controversy about it the next day. Confused me as it was straightforward enough.

What I don't understand about watching the matches on Prime is the "ad breaks" with nothing in them. Surely they could have some clips in there, no comment, just something instead of nothing.
Don’t understand this either. If they can give us a separate feed while ads are shown in the UK then surely it would be easy to just put replays of the scores or something?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Are there ads being shown in the UK? Or are Amazon just taking the world feed from whatever French company is broadcasting it?
I have Bumbleflex
allezlesverres
Bookworm

Post by allezlesverres »

Dave Cahill wrote: November 14th, 2022, 1:49 pm Are there ads being shown in the UK? Or are Amazon just taking the world feed from whatever French company is broadcasting it?
They were showing ads in the North - presumably the companies paying for them hadn't paid for EU/ROI advertising or didn't want it? Weird that Amazon wouldn't have substituted some other ads for the EU/ROI stream though.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

allezlesverres wrote: November 14th, 2022, 2:11 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: November 14th, 2022, 1:49 pm Are there ads being shown in the UK? Or are Amazon just taking the world feed from whatever French company is broadcasting it?
They were showing ads in the North - presumably the companies paying for them hadn't paid for EU/ROI advertising or didn't want it? Weird that Amazon wouldn't have substituted some other ads for the EU/ROI stream though.
yeah, its a bit weird. Of course there is an overhead for each additional stream you put out so maybe they figured the return for the effort in sales and running the ad roll in the 26 counties wasn't worth it. Amazon/Prime Video doesn't have the penetration in Ireland that it does in the Uk - 6.5% vs 18.2% of the population according to the last set of figures I saw (last year)
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dupont getting a longer ban that PSDT is ridiculous IMO. One was a genuine attempt to get the ball and the other was deliberate foul play. No issue with Dupont getting a ban but the whole system is a joke IMO.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 17th, 2022, 11:38 am Dupont getting a longer ban that PSDT is ridiculous IMO. One was a genuine attempt to get the ball and the other was deliberate foul play. No issue with Dupont getting a ban but the whole system is a joke IMO.
It is completely. During one of the RSA vs Oz matches in the Rugby Championship this summer Etzebeth and Mike Alaalatoa's Wallabie brother went eyeball to eyeball and ended up head-butting each other with millions watching. Neither of them got a card or even a citing. It was just ignored. IMO, they should both have been given a red card on the spot.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 17th, 2022, 11:38 am Dupont getting a longer ban that PSDT is ridiculous IMO. One was a genuine attempt to get the ball and the other was deliberate foul play. No issue with Dupont getting a ban but the whole system is a joke IMO.
PSDT didn't admit committing a foul but DuPont did as well.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

paddyor wrote: November 17th, 2022, 1:20 pm
PSDT didn't admit committing a foul but DuPont did as well.
That just makes the contrast in the outcomes worse. Du Toit must have showed up with the chocolate gold grains and not just the plain ones too...
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

I see Rassie has just got another ban - 2 matches
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

The Doc wrote: November 17th, 2022, 5:53 pm I see Rassie has just got another ban - 2 matches
He needs to try harder if he only got two weeks.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Wales in a dog-fight with Georgia who have just missed a 25m penalty to lead Wales 12 - 13 Georgia. It's 12-10 for Wales in 70th minute and Wales have minimal possession for past 10 minutes.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Sign that No 18 THP from Georgia. He demolished the Welsh front-row and scrum in final three scrums as GEORGIA WIN BY 12-13.

WHAT A VICTORY FOR GEORGIA IN CARDIFF
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Alex Kuntelia THP for La Rochelle Espoirs. 6'6" and 135 kg, and aged only 20 (20/02/2002). Despite his somewhat unfortunate surname, this man will be famous forever in Tbilisi as the key man in this extraordinary victory in the Millenium / Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

The sub-tighthead was playing only his 4th cap but never looked over-awed. This is the second victory for Georgia in beating a Tier 1 nation. But after added Wales to their scalp against Italy, World Rugby must give give them sufficient fixtures to build on this victory.

It's also worth pointing out that these teams are in the same Pool in RWC23. In terms of World Rankings, Georgia are bunched with Samoa, Japan & Italy just outside the Top 10. Beaten last week by Samoa by 19-20, they are certainly knocking on the door of the top ten.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:51 pm Sign that No 18 THP from Georgia. He demolished the Welsh front-row and scrum in final three scrums as GEORGIA WIN BY 12-13.

WHAT A VICTORY FOR GEORGIA IN CARDIFF
Mega-wow! Respect!!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Scotland 7-8 Argentina, 22 mins and Argentina's no. 7 sees red for a shoulder charge to the head. Fully deserved, IMO.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Wow! Might be a bad thing for us now if they finally sack Pivac. I wouldn’t turn down winning a 6N, but fluking their way to that title last year was a disaster in the long run.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

riocard911 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 3:41 pm Scotland 7-8 Argentina, 22 mins and Argentina's no. 7 sees red for a shoulder charge to the head. Fully deserved, IMO.
I don’t disagree with the decision but I don’t think he meant to do it. Didn’t have much of an area to hit and the way he kept his arm down makes me think he wants to hit around the shoulder and knock him back. Got it wrong but don’t think it was dirty.
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

Ruckedtobits wrote: November 19th, 2022, 3:04 pm Alex Kuntelia THP for La Rochelle Espoirs. 6'6" and 135 kg, and aged only 20 (20/02/2002). Despite his somewhat unfortunate surname, this man will be famous forever in Tbilisi as the key man in this extraordinary victory in the Millenium / Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

The sub-tighthead was playing only his 4th cap but never looked over-awed. This is the second victory for Georgia in beating a Tier 1 nation. But after added Wales to their scalp against Italy, World Rugby must give give them sufficient fixtures to build on this victory.

It's also worth pointing out that these teams are in the same Pool in RWC23. In terms of World Rankings, Georgia are bunched with Samoa, Japan & Italy just outside the Top 10. Beaten last week by Samoa by 19-20, they are certainly knocking on the door of the top ten.
Those last two scrums were some of the most impressive things I have seen watching rugby. Honestly staggering that a 20 year old tighthead could destroy an international scrum. Found a clip on Reddit of the first of the two, which led to what was ultimately the winning penalty.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... s_georgia/