Ireland Autumn Internationals 2022

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

pangurban1
Bookworm

Re: Ireland Autumn Internationals 2022

Post by pangurban1 »

JGP's knock on at the start of the game even if it was difficult to reach, I still think he has to do better.
Anyone see the Aussie excuse for white coming back on? they only saw the first knock he got.
I might look back as the commentator said he thought White hurt himself in a no arms tackle.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

pangurban1 wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 4:23 pm JGP's knock on at the start of the game even if it was difficult to reach, I still think he has to do better.
Anyone see the Aussie excuse for white coming back on? they only saw the first knock he got.
I might look back as the commentator said he thought White hurt himself in a no arms tackle.
Ref said he thought he saw him stumble which should really be enough. If they only saw the first knock they weren't doing their job to be honest.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

pangurban1 wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 4:23 pm JGP's knock on at the start of the game even if it was difficult to reach, I still think he has to do better.
He appeared to smack his head on the ground in attempting to get Mack Hansen into touch to save the try (46:10 on the clock) and then after their lineout he was tackled by Beirne (46:40 on clock) and fell against van der Flier's knee/thigh. The clock was stopped by the ref on 47:07 and they reshow both incidents.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Think the excuse was that the first knock was being reviewed and they didn’t see the rest.

There have been a few incidents like this, I’m not sure what the process is so I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to the docs for not seeing it at the time but when there’s clear footage that something is up it there has to be a quick way of bringing it to the attention of the doctor or the referee. I would guess that the TMO was seeing all the footage we were so don’t see why he couldn’t chime in and make sure that the medics are aware of it.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 9:05 pm I would guess that the TMO was seeing all the footage we were so don’t see why he couldn’t chime in and make sure that the medics are aware of it.
Excellent shout - the TMO should be in a position to contribute here. BOK had already noticed one stumble, it would have been helpful if the TMO had chimed in with further evidence. It's unbelievable that he was allowed back on the field whatever the excuses.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

They had ten minutes with the guy off field in the dressing room or wherever and never thought to review video footage of the second knock? Gimme a break!
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

They were cynical enough to present him to press afterwards to say look nothing to see here he's grand.
Beggars belief no one in the Australian management saw the stumble in real time. Most of the stadium did.