Ireland Autumn Internationals 2021

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Ireland Autumn Internationals 2021

Post by riocard911 »

Ryan fails HIA. Baird in for the full 2nd half.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Furlong has a grá for hitting that Argentinian 1
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

And busting tackles.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Casey an improvement. Henshaw been a bit average.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Fair point POM.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

My only concern for Harry, and it's the same as I have in blue, is he tries to force things so much. Since he has come on he has been trying to make the miracle pass/break on almost every possession. Doesn't need to do that.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Maith fear, Ciano!!!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

fourthirtythree wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:36 pm Casey an improvement. Henshaw been a bit average.
Casey a major upgrade on Murray
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:42 pm My only concern for Harry, and it's the same as I have in blue, is he tries to force things so much. Since he has come on he has been trying to make the miracle pass/break on almost every possession. Doesn't need to do that.
Its easy to forget how little rugby he's played over the last number of months. Just in dire need of game time.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Keith wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:50 pm
wixfjord wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:42 pm My only concern for Harry, and it's the same as I have in blue, is he tries to force things so much. Since he has come on he has been trying to make the miracle pass/break on almost every possession. Doesn't need to do that.
Its easy to forget how little rugby he's played over the last number of months. Just in dire need of game time.
Yeah that is true, but it's a recurring theme. If he played a little bit simpler overall and with a bit more restraint I think it's make a big difference to his game.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Which munster player will Lenihan give MOTM to?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:52 pm
Yeah that is true, but it's a recurring theme. If he played a little bit simpler overall and with a bit more restraint I think it's make a big difference to his game.
I like the confidence to take risks. He's been brilliant for us in the past which led to him earning starts in Europe (which were taken away then due to injury) I've no worries about him at all.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Joey is playing pretty well at 15. Who'd have thought? :)
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Barry wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:54 pm Which munster player will Lenihan give MOTM to?

:clap:
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Barry wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:54 pm Which munster player will Lenihan give MOTM to?

:green clap:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Keith wrote: November 21st, 2021, 3:56 pm

I like the confidence to take risks. He's been brilliant for us in the past which led to him earning starts in Europe (which were taken away then due to injury) I've no worries about him at all.
He has been brilliant at times, but again the 'forcing things' issue has been a recurring theme also. He did it most notably against Ospreys at home last season, and againist Glasgow & Scarlets also.

Today he has had an unnecessary forward pass, a few breaks that didn't need to be made and has forced a pass that fell to ground too.

Great to see he has it in the locked and like I'm not down on the guy, he's clearly a massive talent, but he does need to learn a bit about when to force it and when to play it a bit safer.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

the spoofer wrote: November 21st, 2021, 4:01 pm

:green clap:
I'm shocked at Treemenjus giving it Joey, shocked! :lol:
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: November 21st, 2021, 4:02 pm

He has been brilliant at times, but again the 'forcing things' issue has been a recurring theme also. He did it most notably against Ospreys at home last season, and againist Glasgow & Scarlets also.

Today he has had an unnecessary forward pass, a few breaks that didn't need to be made and has forced a pass that fell to ground too.

Great to see he has it in the locked and like I'm not down on the guy, he's clearly a massive talent, but he does need to learn a bit about when to force it and when to play it a bit safer.

+1
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote: November 21st, 2021, 4:02 pm

He has been brilliant at times, but again the 'forcing things' issue has been a recurring theme also.

Like I'm not down on the guy, he's clearly a massive talent, but he does need to learn a bit about when to force it and when to play it a bit safer.
Fair. I'm sure hes eager to impress, there's been a lot of nonsense spoken about him on various sites, mostly by fans of other provinces. I would actually love to see his brother get a shot playing behind this Ireland pack,he had no chance in 2019 with the way we were playing.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Thanks Conor, you've made a great contribution for a decade, but the future is high tempo and that you no longer have.