RWC 2023 - ticket info

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Re: RWC 2023 - ticket info

Post by brotheroffrank »

still in the queue to get back onto the ticketing site.....36%....2hrs 45 mins after i entered it...and expecting more hassle if i ever get onto the ticketing site....
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

brotheroffrank wrote: March 18th, 2021, 6:49 pm absolute joke....you spend over an hour and a half in a queue to get in to the ticketing site.....finally it says "you have two minutes to enter" and you click "enter"....only to be sent directly back to the start of the queue....
I had the exact same thing. Then I saw people getting tickets who were in the queue a shorter time than me. And to top it off - RWC twitter saying there was still availability for cities after I had gotten through and there was nothing.

A mess
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

The Doc wrote: March 19th, 2021, 9:52 am
brotheroffrank wrote: March 18th, 2021, 6:49 pm absolute joke....you spend over an hour and a half in a queue to get in to the ticketing site.....finally it says "you have two minutes to enter" and you click "enter"....only to be sent directly back to the start of the queue....
I had the exact same thing. Then I saw people getting tickets who were in the queue a shorter time than me. And to top it off - RWC twitter saying there was still availability for cities after I had gotten through and there was nothing.

A mess
Typical French...
Dont Panic!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Having tried to deal with that website twice, I can say for the first time in my life that I would prefer to buy from a scalper than try to go through that process again.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Did anyone get tickets for any of the Ireland matches this time round?
Had no expectations of success myself....and unsuccessful was exactly the outcome.....
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Kept saying Ireland packs available then went to check out nothing !. Should have had more sense !.
Flying wedge
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Got some Ireland packs at about 6.15

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

brotheroffrank wrote:Did anyone get tickets for any of the Ireland matches this time round?
Had no expectations of success myself....and unsuccessful was exactly the outcome.....
Complete sh!t show. Usual process of getting kicked out, queuing again and eventually getting through only to not be able to put anything into the basket even when it showed availability.

Not helped that the site security was muck... There was a hack doing the rounds at about 5.45 (presumably earlier) which got you straight into the site bypassing the queue... A basic token replacement on the URL. Meant the site was flooded while everyone was watching a static progress bar from 5.30 onwards

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Auld Boy
Beginner

Post by Auld Boy »

Very frustrating. Not allowed place anything in the basket even though it gave the price etc. Terrible site.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

expected another exercise in futility....it lived up to expectations....what a cr@p website.....
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

It is easily the worst major event ticketing site I've ever encountered.

Pure French... Shite in practice but theoretically brilliant I'm sure

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

That was pure torture alright. Took 47 minutes to crawl my way to 97% progress in the queue at which point I got a message saying that I had missed my turn and was promptly thrown into out. Started again and finally reached 100% progress at 7.09pm at which stage I was told that there were no city packs left for Bordeaux, the city I was interested in. I can’t be arsed trying again.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

The Doc wrote: September 28th, 2021, 8:51 pm It is easily the worst major event ticketing site I've ever encountered.

Pure French... Shite in practice but theoretically brilliant I'm sure

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
You just have to hand it to the French...1 Hr 20 Mins in to another sales window and 20% of the way up the queue...
DMR2004
Learner

Post by DMR2004 »

I have been waiting over 90 mins and cant even get into queue...
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

DMR2004 wrote: September 13th, 2022, 6:43 pm I have been waiting over 90 mins and cant even get into queue...Image
2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. Watched it slowly count up to 99%. Spent 30 minutes at 99% and then when it connected, everything was sold. A complete joke.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Here we go again...familiar screen says 0% progress in the queue....
wexford bohs
Beginner

Post by wexford bohs »

On Tues I stayed late in work from 5 until 7pm waiting to buy tickets staring at a barely moving rugby ball on the French ticket website. When I eventually got on the site at 7pm. the only Irish game left was Romania.

Today was a far less stressful experience. After about a 20 min wait I was able to get tickets for Tonga, Scotland and South Africa games.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

all pool games are "currently unavailable" in french. not sure if that means they held some back or they are sold out.
anyone know if there is another wave of public sales?
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

What was different about the Thursday sale? I'm registered to buy RWC23 tickets and got the email for the Tuesday sale but nothing about the Thursday one.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

“deep social malaise”... kudos to @Ruckedtobits for identifying this on a separate thread [Re: RWC 2023: Ireland]...it is not a bad phrase for summarising the above comments about the RWC 2023 Ticketing Website...