Moderator: moderators

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 6 Nations 2021

Post by JB1973 »

FLIP wrote: March 27th, 2021, 10:01 am
Oldschool wrote: March 27th, 2021, 9:24 am
blockhead wrote: March 26th, 2021, 10:49 pm
You saying Billy Burns cost us a 6N title?
Having only 14 players on the pitch for most of the game might have been a contributory factor.
Either way congrats to Wales, they rode their luck but given how good their disciplinary record was, they made some of that luck themselves.
Careful now that type of logic might see you take a week's holiday from the forum.

And the disciplinary record for Wales is either luck or official maleficence given the type of things their players got away with both in game and by avoiding citings.

Williams clumsy tackle vs you guys (was it against henshaw?) what other things did we get away in terms of citing?

None really stand out to me but I suppose I am biased
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

JB1973 wrote: March 29th, 2021, 11:40 am
FLIP wrote: March 27th, 2021, 10:01 am
Oldschool wrote: March 27th, 2021, 9:24 am
Having only 14 players on the pitch for most of the game might have been a contributory factor.
Either way congrats to Wales, they rode their luck but given how good their disciplinary record was, they made some of that luck themselves.
Careful now that type of logic might see you take a week's holiday from the forum.

And the disciplinary record for Wales is either luck or official maleficence given the type of things their players got away with both in game and by avoiding citings.

Williams clumsy tackle vs you guys (was it against henshaw?) what other things did we get away in terms of citing?

None really stand out to me but I suppose I am biased
There was a running theme on reddits /r/rugbyunion of items highlighted - certainly there was a lot of irate Scots after their match. I think the only one there wasn't one for was the England match?
Anyone But New Zealand
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

The Scots blew that pure and simple, had us well under the pump and then got a carrier in front of the man as he was about to score.

Then gave away two further pens and instead of scoring 7 they conceded 7, big turn around in the game that

Wales are as cynical as the next team , awj is very good at getting away with niggly fouls and tips and naividi run a lot of clever blocking lines

As they say it's only cheating if you don't get caught :)

I don't see us as an especially dirty or physical team though , granted liam Williams and Biggar must come across as very annoying to opposition fans I'd guess though
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Franco Smith's tenure as Italian Coach comes to an end and provides Benetton head man Crowley with a great opportunity to reach the Rainbow Cup Final in his final game as Head Coach before he graduates to take the reins as Head Coach with Italy.

https://www.the42.ie/kieran-crowley-new ... 6-May2021/

Crowley is no stranger to the international arena as player and Coach. His stint in charge of Canada brought them to the verge of the top 10 in the world rankings and that experience could finally help Italy to emerge from their status as a "protected species".
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Tough gig for anyone coaching Italy at the moment, all the other 6 nations sides are pretty decent at the moment and from 1 to 23 they are all better than anything Italy can select
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

JB1973 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 4:28 pm Tough gig for anyone coaching Italy at the moment, all the other 6 nations sides are pretty decent at the moment and from 1 to 23 they are all better than anything Italy can select
you could say the same about England.

(sorta kidding)