2023 World Cup draw

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

suisse
Shane Jennings

Re: 2023 World Cup draw

Post by suisse »

I know you could conceivably say the same for Ireland, although they are strong favorites to qualify, so let's make it about Scotland.

The Scots have beaten England 3 years running and should dispatch Wales this weekend. But the likelihood is they're going out in the Group stages with both England and Wales making the quarters and one making the semis.

The draw is terrible.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Same thing happened in 2015. Australia, England and Wales all in the top 5 in the one group. Doing the draw before loads of teams have even qualified is ridiculous too.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

The WC draw has always been a farce. One of the big weaknesses in the tournament imo.
Dont Panic!
OneLungDavy
Bookworm

Post by OneLungDavy »

What is the logic of doing it so far out?
locho
Bookworm

Post by locho »

OneLungDavy wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:04 pm What is the logic of doing it so far out?
The only explanation that seems to be provided online is to allow the corporate sponsors/travel agents etc. time to plan the locations and packages for each team. I'm not sure why they need over 2 years to do this! You'd hope that it'll be changed for the next one but somehow I doubt it.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

locho wrote: February 8th, 2023, 4:57 pm
OneLungDavy wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:04 pm What is the logic of doing it so far out?
The only explanation that seems to be provided online is to allow the corporate sponsors/travel agents etc. time to plan the locations and packages for each team. I'm not sure why they need over 2 years to do this! You'd hope that it'll be changed for the next one but somehow I doubt it.
Yeah the World Cup is a stupid tournament. :x
Dont Panic!