RFU reviewing “Swing Low”

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: RFU reviewing “Swing Low”

Post by paddyor »

carlow man wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:45 pm Brexit has nothing to do with it. As an irishman living in England I've never heard one English person suggest that they wanted brexit because of the effects/implications/damage it does to ireland or the orusj people. English people voted fir brexit cos they were sick of being dictated to by people in Brussels and the amount if money leaving the country and ending up in Eastern Europe whilst many eastern Europeons are living in the u.k, not paying a penny in tax and then claiming every benefit going while they send money back home.
That’s nonsense tbf. Immigration is higher now than pre brexit. The reason they swung hard against the eu was because 6 years of Tory govt austerity drove down real wages which the tories blamed on foreigners. They chucked the foreigners out, wages didn’t go up and then they brought in more foreigners. Oh and brexit has probably cost them more than their stipend to the EU.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

carlow man wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 9:45 pm Brexit has nothing to do with it. As an irishman living in England I've never heard one English person suggest that they wanted brexit because of the effects/implications/damage it does to ireland or the orusj people. English people voted fir brexit cos they were sick of being dictated to by people in Brussels and the amount if money leaving the country and ending up in Eastern Europe whilst many eastern Europeons are living in the u.k, not paying a penny in tax and then claiming every benefit going while they send money back home.
Em….

I don’t know where the bit in bold is coming from, they left because they were conned by a reasonably catchy campaign and a second rate Winston Churchill impersonation. Plain and simple
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 1:15 am
Em….

I don’t know where the bit in bold is coming from, they left because they were conned by a reasonably catchy campaign and a second rate Winston Churchill impersonation. Plain and simple
Sounds like someone has taken the soup.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Em….

Not sure how the bit in bold came about as it doesn't show that on my reply so I wasn't trying to accentuate that part of my response. I don't agree with your point about the reasons the UK left but each to their own. I voted for brexit and I'm delighted it happened.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

carlow man wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 8:41 pm
Em….

Not sure how the bit in bold came about as it doesn't show that on my reply so I wasn't trying to accentuate that part of my response. I don't agree with your point about the reasons the UK left but each to their own. I voted for brexit and I'm delighted it happened.
I bolded it, to make it easy to reference. No one I’ve ever heard ever made that suggestion so I was wondering where it came from.

On another note, I’m delighted you exercised your democratic right and that you’re “delighted” with your decision. I believe you’ve been sold a pup and that things will get an awful lot worse for the UK before they get better
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Em….

What results of Brexit are you delighted with?
Not being smart, that's a genuine question.
Dont Panic!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dexter wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:03 pm

Em….

His blue passport.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Amongst the dribbling bullshit posted by Carlowman about brexit there is a truth that English people are unlikely to have wanted to leave to cause harm to Ireland. They simply didn't (and don't) give a f%~k about Ireland; we never crossed their mind in all the jingoistic flag shagging that went on. But had we happened to get a mention somewhere along the line, given that many of them were happy to sacrifice Scotland to get their dream, they still wouldn't have given a sh!t.

Here is some Stuart Lee to brighten your morning.

https://youtu.be/q3l-6G0GyG0
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

paddyor wrote: July 2nd, 2022, 11:53 pm
That’s nonsense tbf. Immigration is higher now than pre brexit. The reason they swung hard against the eu was because 6 years of Tory govt austerity drove down real wages which the tories blamed on foreigners. They chucked the foreigners out, wages didn’t go up and then they brought in more foreigners. Oh and brexit has probably cost them more than their stipend to the EU.
The Daily Mail line on Eastern Europeans being welfare spongers is also nonsense. The reality is that if you look at employment amongst, say, Polish immigrants, the employment rate is higher than amongst British people. Migrant men are more likely to be employed than UK-born men (83% vs 78% in 2020). In 2020, unemployed migrants were less likely to claim unemployment benefits (27%) than UK born unemployed workers (36%). Migrants also do the jobs that British people won't do, the issue they've faced is that European emigration has been declining for years and now they have acute labour shortages.

The problem they never talk about in the UK is the underclass of British people who live on benefits and don't work. Many of whom I suspect voted for Brexit.

Meanwhile the UK economy is projected to fall to the bottom of the G7 next year and our GDP per capita is twice as high and of course there is a risk to the Good Friday agreement on our island. Unfortunately, the narrative is being controlled by people who don't care about the impact, who thrive in chaos and who have a created a situation where racism, bigotry and Xenophobia are now ok to voice. Hence some of the issues in English rugby which myself and my friends have seen first hand, being called a bunch of fockin Micks at Northampton and listening to constant abuse of the French ref at Welford Road because he was French.
Last edited by Flash Gordon on July 4th, 2022, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Dexter wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 11:03 pm

Em….

Most likely delighted with the small Union Jack flags that they got to wave at the Queen's bash, innit.
And the £350M a week the NHS received each week post-Brexit
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I dunno chaps, I think we're being too harsh here. Look at whats happened since Brexit. Northern Ireland has a Sinn Fein plurality, the Scots are looking for another referendum, even the welsh are revolting. The Union is tearing itself apart as it sinks further into irrelevance, poverty and social division. One public school pigfucker attempting to solve internal party division with a referendum he never expected to lose has achieved more for republicanism than anyone could have imagined.

What we want is more Brexit. More referenda, more, more, MORE!
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote: July 4th, 2022, 10:14 am I dunno chaps, I think we're being too harsh here. Look at whats happened since Brexit. Northern Ireland has a Sinn Fein plurality, the Scots are looking for another referendum, even the welsh are revolting. The Union is tearing itself apart as it sinks further into irrelevance, poverty and social division. One public school pigfucker attempting to solve internal party division with a referendum he never expected to lose has achieved more for republicanism than anyone could have imagined.

So what you are saying is that Carlow Man is not some dim witted gammon but is really a fifth columnist republican?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

the spoofer wrote: July 4th, 2022, 10:31 am
Dave Cahill wrote: July 4th, 2022, 10:14 am I dunno chaps, I think we're being too harsh here. Look at whats happened since Brexit. Northern Ireland has a Sinn Fein plurality, the Scots are looking for another referendum, even the welsh are revolting. The Union is tearing itself apart as it sinks further into irrelevance, poverty and social division. One public school pigfucker attempting to solve internal party division with a referendum he never expected to lose has achieved more for republicanism than anyone could have imagined.

So what you are saying is that Carlow Man is not some dim witted gammon but is really a fifth columnist republican?
Cúigiú colún!
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Exactly! Much of which, first and foremost the boost for the cause of the reunification of Ireland, was foreseeable at the time, which is why I was delighted, when the a majority of the UK electorate on the day voted for Brexit. Tallyho Global Britain and bon voyage!!!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Which also suits the Torys who don't care about the Union and who have a big majority in England. If Scotland went that would be 100 less opposition votes they'd have to deal with.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

domhnallj wrote: July 4th, 2022, 8:44 am Amongst the dribbling bullshit posted by Carlowman about brexit there is a truth that English people are unlikely to have wanted to leave to cause harm to Ireland. They simply didn't (and don't) give a f%~k about Ireland; we never crossed their mind in all the jingoistic flag shagging that went on. But had we happened to get a mention somewhere along the line, given that many of them were happy to sacrifice Scotland to get their dream, they still wouldn't have given a sh!t.

Learn some manners you moron.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 10:04 pm

Em….

I bolded it, to make it easy to reference. No one I’ve ever heard ever made that suggestion so I was wondering where it came from.

On another note, I’m delighted you exercised your democratic right and that you’re “delighted” with your decision. I believe you’ve been sold a pup and that things will get an awful lot worse for the UK before they get better
Thanks for your reply oldschool. Time will tell I suppose.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

carlow man wrote: July 4th, 2022, 11:47 pm
domhnallj wrote: July 4th, 2022, 8:44 am Amongst the dribbling bullshit posted by Carlowman about brexit there is a truth that English people are unlikely to have wanted to leave to cause harm to Ireland. They simply didn't (and don't) give a f%~k about Ireland; we never crossed their mind in all the jingoistic flag shagging that went on. But had we happened to get a mention somewhere along the line, given that many of them were happy to sacrifice Scotland to get their dream, they still wouldn't have given a sh!t.

:D :D :D :D :D
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

He’s not wrong though, the bit you wrote about furriners doesn’t hold water.

That doesn’t negate your right to vote and be happy with the result…
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: July 5th, 2022, 10:09 am

He’s not wrong though, the bit you wrote about furriners doesn’t hold water.

That doesn’t negate your right to vote and be happy with the result…
It's thinly veiled racism. The exact same thing would have been said about the Irish 60 years ago. It's actually disgusting.