England v Ireland 2020 6N 23-FEB Father vs Son

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: England v Ireland 2020 6N 23-FEB Father vs Son

Post by Oldschool »

England tackle is a variation on last 6Ns.
Last season they/Saracens used BV to get to Sexton.
This game they're using Tuilagi.
Don't think it had anything to do with the try BTW.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Why do we always go for the box kick in our own 22? Rarely get the same distance as a kick from 10
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Lets just kick the ball right back to them - every time.....utter madness.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Bet CJ still gets MOTM from Quinnie

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Horror show so far. England are starting to love playing this ireland side.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I'm trying to think of anyone who's playing well for us. James a Ryan maybe? Con ways done some good things but bad things too. Looks like we don't have a clue how to get around their rush defence.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It's starting to look like my clock my be calling time.
Farrell needs to very quickly needs to get Cooney onto the pitch, followed by Doris for POM followed by Byrne.
We need to now find out what our backup HBs are made of, no more supposing.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Won't happen but ..... Let's go Nuclear.

Murray and Sexton off now.

Both having shockers.

Bringing Byrne and Cooney on will completely change it up purely because they play differently.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

2019 continued.

We can change some of the players and we certainly need to, but this 40 minutes confirms to me that the guy we need most is Lancaster. Hopefully he's on skype to the team now.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Both scrum halves leaving the base of the scrum. I hate that.

Just telegraphs the move and puts the 8 under pressure as he has no scrum half to take the ball.

Must be a planned/coached move as both 9s did it.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Looking forward to Murray's next article on the things Van Der Flier nearly did in that game.

Our backrow is completely ineffective. The odd time they look good when our front five are dominant, but they will never win us a game. Conan and Leavy are obviously still a big loss but ...... f*ck it.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

England playing the ref like a fiddle
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Pom on the wing like the lazy showpony he is
Anyone But New Zealand
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Really poor performance, no answer to England’s line speed, just like last year in Dublin. Why we don’t change it up with a string of pick and go’s or some chips over their rushing defence is beyond me.

Murray’s kicking was way off and all the box kicking hasn’t been effective for over a year. Stockdale is still poor defensively too, not a huge amount of form wingers fighting to take his place though
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

FLIP wrote:Pom on the wing like the lazy showpony he is
Harsh. England were sucked in on the far side and it was crying out for a crossfield kick before we even had advantage. With advantage we had to go for it and our back three were all busy elsewhere. Good call by him to be there I think and he had a decent game.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
FLIP wrote:Pom on the wing like the lazy showpony he is
Harsh. England were sucked in on the far side and it was crying out for a crossfield kick before we even had advantage. With advantage we had to go for it and our back three were all busy elsewhere. Good call by him to be there I think and he had a decent game.
God forbid I defend POM, but I'd agree with you there
I have Bumbleflex
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

England did nothing we didnt know they’d do. And Saracens will do it again in April. Its disappointing & worrying that we haven’t figured out a way past them yet

Only 4 match points for England is actually a poor return. Had Johnny made his kocks we’d have an undeserved LBP
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Twist wrote:England did nothing we didnt know they’d do. And Saracens will do it again in April. Its disappointing & worrying that we haven’t figured out a way past them yet

Only 4 match points for England is actually a poor return. Had Johnny made his kocks we’d have an undeserved LBP
Am not too disappointed. I was expecting a one score game. If Johnny had nailed the pen and conv as you say. That's what it would have been.

England should have put 40 on us today we were so poor. Don't understand why we don't chip over their rush defence instead of going backwards and box kicking.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Brutal performance. The second England got momentum from an early kick from Murray we were gone.

The pack were beaten up pretty much to a man. This was never a game for Josh really but he made some really poor errors to go with his lack of physicality. He really should have nailed Tuilagi early on off a lineout but Tuilagi waltzed past him and got to run at Johnny's weak shoulder then. He also chased to block down a kick that was never on and it took him ages to get back into position, just not smart and very unlike him. Herring showed why he's a stopgap and Furlong was very disappointing. All three second rows were pretty good IMO but England were still on top obviously. Stander stood up well but hard to have much impact when we were on the back foot so often.

Murray got worse as it went on but I thought Johnny had a total nightmare. Hopefully his kicks were so bad because he was carrying something. He missed tackles, kicked poorly, passed poorly, and went missing in the second half. I actually thought he was off injured at one stage. Captaincy was poor too. There was lots to tell Peyper about (England rolling into the scrumhalf's space for a start) but he didn't seem to say anything. Aki is a mystery to me at times. He's not a playmaker but also doesn't carry well in tough games like this. Robbie and Conway were quite bright but we barely got them into the game. Larmour was very poor at the start but grew into it well and he wasn't helped by Stockdale, plus England did their homework on our system tbf. Stockdale was terrible and he looks short of confidence, think his place has to be in question now.

Some bizarre tactics in the first half especially. Our kicking to clear was good at the very start but then we started box kicking for no good reason and the chase was awful. And yet when we started going backwards with ball in hand we were very slow to go to the kick, what's the plan and where are the leaders on the field?

I'll repeat what I said earlier. 2019 continues and we need Lancaster soon rather than later.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Twist wrote:England did nothing we didnt know they’d do. And Saracens will do it again in April. Its disappointing & worrying that we haven’t figured out a way past them yet

Especially not being able to cover the kicks in behind or do better in the air.